Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975442 times)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #480 on: May 08, 2015, 04:38:36 AM »
+2
I'm sick of portablevanias...just saying

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #481 on: May 08, 2015, 04:58:16 AM »
I hope it will be released on Wii U. I can`t believe IGA is back, I hope such high hopes! I was disappointed when he said he put this game on hold. I haven`t been so excited since the leaked image of Order of Ecclesia. I love Igavanias, especially Aria and Ecclesia. I enjoyed them all and replayed them many times. Ecclesia was his perfect last game, having nice artwork (after anime inspired DOS and POR) and a great combination of smaller areas/levels and a great beautiful castle. Bosses were fantastic. Now, IGA has had many years to think about a new game (more than before, between released games), so this game could be everything IGA fans wish for!

Offline Charlie Walden

• Foran the Frigid
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #482 on: May 08, 2015, 05:17:28 AM »
And here is the 5th

Has some one understood how to unlock these icons? I have only the first scroll and I'm quite always on the website.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:19:02 AM by Charlie Walden »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #483 on: May 08, 2015, 05:24:31 AM »
I'm surprised the term "Igavania" is used throughout this at all. It may very well be something that the Castlevania Dungeon came up with in the first place.

It was meant to be derisive, if I recall, because IGA's games weren't "real" Castlevania games for "real" Castlevania fans. It's not like CotM was called KO-G-Vania. But it looks like IGA don't give a fuck and will claim it as his own now. 

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #484 on: May 08, 2015, 07:08:23 AM »
Did you guys see this on the neogaf thread,

Take the following with a MOUNTAIN of salt, but the following comes from /v/. I will quote it verbatim.

"It's real. Game is going to be called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Kickstarter goes live May 11th. Main character is NotShanoa named Miriam. She has rune tattoos on her body. NotAlucard will be named Gebel.

Screen cap this."

The same user mentioned Michiru Yamane is on board as composer.

After some of the messages I've read in here and have received myself (particularly the one about a woman running away from herself/power/something), I'm beginning to think this is sounding more and more true. 

Anywho, in the event that this game proves to look awesome enough to fund (my hype won't let me think otherwise) how much are you guys planning on donating?  $20 is my minimum so far; more will depend on goals, a certain amount to get the beta if available, ect.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #485 on: May 08, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »
Around $40 or so, $20 as a minimum too.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #486 on: May 08, 2015, 08:09:42 AM »
As long as I can equip notShanoa like a notBelmont, then I'll be set.

Also now that IGA's not with Konami, he legally cannot make another asset recycle. That's probably what I'm most excited about.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:18:32 AM by e105beta »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #487 on: May 08, 2015, 08:18:38 AM »
This is probably the first time in 7 years I've been excited for a (Not)Castlevania.

Also holy shit OoE was released 7 years ago. Lords 5 years ago...

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #488 on: May 08, 2015, 08:21:15 AM »
Depending on the rewards tiers I'll probably drop $100~$150.

So from I can gather with the latest messages is there'll be a livestream where Iga reveals the next project on Monday the 11th. So we'll either see something Sunday night or Monday morning, taking into account time zone differences. I'm guessing sword or whip will provide us with a link when the time comes.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: May 08, 2015, 08:27:54 AM »
I'll probably give him 50 euros, i'm not in a good financial condition, even  though i have a job, because i don't get paid......they owe me over 2000 euros......
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: May 08, 2015, 08:30:23 AM »
This is probably the first time in 7 years I've been excited for a (Not)Castlevania.
Same here. Too bad I can't help but feel it being most likely a (Not)Castlevania puts a slight damper on things. Then again, maybe this will turn out to be more interesting. I'm already glad it's not more LoS.

edit: By the way, won't they get in trouble using that edited SotN artwork on the website? It has IGA's face pasted on it, but it seems like something petty to get sued over.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:34:24 AM by Nagumo »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #491 on: May 08, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »
Same here. Too bad I can't help but feel it being most likely a (Not)Castlevania puts a slight damper on things. Then again, maybe this will turn out to be more interesting. I'm already glad it's not more LoS.

edit: By the way, won't they get in trouble using that edited SotN artwork on the website? It has IGA's face pasted on it, but it seems like something petty to get sued over.

It's technically a new image

Though this whole project could come under copyright violation if they're not careful. I hope it doesn't, but it's treading the line, especially with IGA's owning of IGAvania.

EDIT: Is anyone else at all worried this may be revealed as a phone game?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:37:05 AM by e105beta »

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #492 on: May 08, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
+1
I was worried at first that it may be a mobile game, but I remembered the original flyer and the images on it, so I'm hoping it's going more in that way.  Plus, I couldn't see him needing a kickstarter for a mobile game, nor people that are in the know (if this is what they are more than likely referring to) being excited about a mobile game. 

As for the copywrite issue: I dunno.  A lot of the enemies, including Dracula, are free domain.  The idea itself can't be copy written, so there is nothing to stop him having a protagonist entering an antagonist's castle who just happens to have monsters inside it attacking people. 

Copy write is a tricky subject, but I think IGA will be fine.  It's kinds like Marvel and DC making the same type of characters, Coke and Pepsi making the same type of drinks, or a lot of these spiritual succesor games in general: as long as it isn't exactly the same and enough is changed, he can get away with it.  More so since a lot of Castlevania's stuff is free domain.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #493 on: May 08, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
Same here. Too bad I can't help but feel it being most likely a (Not)Castlevania puts a slight damper on things.
That's inevitable when you've become so attached to a series for a long time.

As long as this new retains the spirit and reasons why we loved Castlevania I think the transition from one IP to another for fans will be a pretty easy one. I just want more to leak so I know I should be excited...

3 days left!
As long as I can equip notShanoa like a notBelmont, then I'll be set.
This is the dream for me right now too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:15:01 AM by OSM »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #494 on: May 08, 2015, 12:02:32 PM »
i wouldn't necessarily call it like coke/pepsi or marvel/dc, as those companies have more of a friendly rivalry relationship going on for decades. iga doesn't even have his own company(yet) and if he did it would take years to get as huge as konami is(was)

but as 4 copyright infringement, look @ mighty #9 which is essentially megaman rebooted, yet Capcom never put a seize & desist order out or anything so i think iga will be fine in this regard

however, that doesn't mean i want him to rehash the Dracula mythos. he should draw heavy on Japanese mythology like he did with aria, so many other cultures have their own demonic deities that have yet to be realized & this is a perfect opportunity for iga & team to take advantage of that

Tags:

anything