Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975294 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #600 on: May 11, 2015, 03:23:03 AM »
If there's something "social" in this game I hope it's either that you can trade/sell ingredients/loot to create stuff and learn skills, but completely OPTIONAL and not forced down our throats. And I guess some kind of additional online mode, similar to HoDespair, could be considered "social". But I don't want the game to revolve around such things!

Or better yet: Copy the entire online aspect from Dark Souls, with invasions and/or the ability to leave little messages here and there. But I desperately want a full offline, single player experience to be the focus.

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #601 on: May 11, 2015, 04:58:36 AM »
I will reserve judgement on it being 2.5D until I see it.  I normally don't mind it and DxC looked good, considering it was a PSP game.  I just hope it looks better than MN9 does (unless that took a turn for the better).  Obviously not expecting NSMB levels but still.

2.5D is unfortunate but not surprising. I'll hold out judgment too, although I'm only anticipating quality on the level of MN9.

Still, I understand the resources pixel art on a massive scale takes (especially when IGA can't lift sprites from Rondo/SOTN anymore  :P). Shovel Knight is a close analogue, and that was pseudo-NES level pixel work with largely simple, unadorned coloring and shading a la Mega Man. Even Castlevania III style pixel art would be a lot of work for a small team nowadays.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #602 on: May 11, 2015, 05:12:55 AM »
If Inti Creates is developing the game, you can bet is going to be like Mighty No9, they will use all the experience they have adquiered making that game and apply it to this new game. The key thing is the art style, not if the game is 2.5 or is using unreal. Really excited for tonight.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #603 on: May 11, 2015, 05:41:53 AM »
+1
If Inti Creates is developing the game, you can bet is going to be like Mighty No9,

I really, really hope not.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #604 on: May 11, 2015, 05:55:27 AM »

Why not?, if you think M9 is ugly, that is something that can be fixed with a different art style, textures, colour palettes and etc.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #605 on: May 11, 2015, 06:34:52 AM »

Art style is key. Inti Creates has been kinda fucked making Mega Man games since the GBA era, so when they were tasked with making Not Mega Man, that fatigue really shows in the art style. It shows a lack of enthusiasm all around, where that is mostly seen in the interests fans had in the game.

We don't know what Igarashi's game is going to be like because he's never worked with them OR have a decent budget. He's getting both of these things, and being told to start fresh, too.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #606 on: May 11, 2015, 06:41:47 AM »
Whenever you want, IGA. :)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #607 on: May 11, 2015, 06:42:51 AM »
No Ayami Kojima? :(

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #608 on: May 11, 2015, 06:51:17 AM »
I suppose it all depends on how the 2.5D is incorporated at this point.  Seeing what IGA managed to do with DXC with a more than likely low budget, it'll be wonderful to see what he can accomplish with decent funds.

I think the problem is we're trying to compare this to a game that art direction wise, isn't even in the same ball park as a typical Castlevania game would be. 

I think with MN9, those orginial 2D concept shots (or were those actual screenshots?) were just gorgeous and were exactly what kickstarters were expecting when backing the project. So seeing what we got instead was a massive letdown for more than a few people.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #609 on: May 11, 2015, 06:56:11 AM »
2.5 MoF style would be great.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: May 11, 2015, 07:05:59 AM »
hint, hint

Inti Creates ‏@IntiCreatesEN 26s27 seconds ago

Gearing up for a very awesome day here in San Fran! Stay tuned >:3

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #611 on: May 11, 2015, 07:34:54 AM »
Is it 11 AM EST or some other time zone? D:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #612 on: May 11, 2015, 07:51:48 AM »
It;s 10:50AM Eastern time here. I thought he said Monday morning? And I see no change in the website yet...hmm

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #613 on: May 11, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »
11:00AM Pacific.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #614 on: May 11, 2015, 08:01:21 AM »
+1
Fuuuuuuk, I shoulda gone to sleep. Cant believe i wasted so much time.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags:

anything