Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975303 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #630 on: May 11, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »
So it sounds like they're bringing back Curse of Darkness's weapon forge system, right? That was handily the best thing about that game. Who is the artist? Miriam's portrait looks like Ayami Kojima's work, but Gebel and Johannes look more like Masaki's work.

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #631 on: May 11, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »
+1
Quote from: Kickstarter
WHY 2.5D?

IGA decided to go with 2.5D for this project for both financial and artistic reasons. All decisions in game development involve trade-offs, and for Bloodstained a 2.5D world built on Unreal Engine 4 was the right choice to balance development time, graphical fidelity, budget, and scope.

At the same time, IGA is very excited about exploring the paths a 2.5D style opens up within the classic Igavania formula. As he begins a new chapter of his career as a developer, he's looking forward to trying things that will enhance, rather than detract from, that core gameplay.

Still, though, we would never discount the fans' love for that classic style. The development team is looking forward to working with backers every step of the way to decide on custom shaders that will give the game a distinctive, hand-crafted look. Games like Guilty Gear and Strider are proof that 2.5D can be handled in a way that honors a classic aesthetic while allowing for new possibilities; that’s what IGA hopes to achieve with this project.

And of course, since it's an Igavania game, the 2D gameplay and feel are nonnegotiable.

I feel really good about this. 2.5D isn't always my cup of tea but this at least sets my worst fears at bay.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #632 on: May 11, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »
+1

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #633 on: May 11, 2015, 10:32:36 AM »
+1
Still, though, we would never discount the fans' love for that classic style. The development team is looking forward to working with backers every step of the way to decide on custom shaders that will give the game a distinctive, hand-crafted look. Games like Guilty Gear and Strider are proof that 2.5D can be handled in a way that honors a classic aesthetic while allowing for new possibilities; that’s what IGA hopes to achieve with this project.

Aw shit, son, this is getting good! Also listening to Yamane's demo track. Sounds a lot like her work on Curse. And doth mine ears hear a callback to Toccata into Bloodstained Darkness at the very end?

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #634 on: May 11, 2015, 10:36:28 AM »
Put my money in, the concept art is great, let's hope they game is as close as possible to that. Great to have Yamane and Yamada (big Inti Creates fan here), I don't care about Kojima.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #635 on: May 11, 2015, 10:38:07 AM »
Holy crap at all those backer rewards. What's IGA Adventure going to be? Anybody got $10,000 to spare? 

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #636 on: May 11, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
Well fuck the rent, im giving my $150 right now. :)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #637 on: May 11, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
They already almost made 100k and it's only been like what, 20-30 minutes?

EDIT: Scratch that $115,497 just now lmao

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #638 on: May 11, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »
Johannes is the villain.

Calling it.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #639 on: May 11, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »
He got me at Gothic Horror. I'm so In!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jeepy

• Devil Summoner
  • Hunter in Training
  • 死んでいいよ、いやいやまじで
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #640 on: May 11, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »
IGA on His Castlevania Spiritual Successor, Konami, More - Kinda Funny Gamescast Special:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TzfM6QUs6A
MEGIDOLAON!

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #641 on: May 11, 2015, 10:53:58 AM »
They already almost made 100k and it's only been like what, 20-30 minutes?

EDIT: Scratch that $115,497 just now lmao

Bout time people started putting their money where they're mouths are.

Offline DonBorrelli

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #642 on: May 11, 2015, 11:01:59 AM »
The fact that there's no Wii U (or 3DS) versions is quite a letdown. Oh well, I guess it's PC for me..  :-\

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #643 on: May 11, 2015, 11:03:42 AM »
This looks pretty fucking sweet, and that intro video was great. Glad to see IGA is still super passionate about these games. I felt like that passion was missing in his last couple entries before he went MIA, but that could be attributed to issues with publishers. Regardless of whatever it was, passion is what the genre needs right now.

NOW WHERE ARE MAH WHIPS? I SAW A LOT OF SWORDS, BUT NO WHIPS. JOHANNES? I WANT TO PLAY JOHANNES.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #644 on: May 11, 2015, 11:06:34 AM »
NOW WHERE ARE MAH WHIPS? I SAW A LOT OF SWORDS, BUT NO WHIPS. JOHANNES? I WANT TO PLAY JOHANNES.

The main character carries both.

Tags: