Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975367 times)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #645 on: May 11, 2015, 11:06:47 AM »
+1
300 for sure. Would give more if Kojima.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #646 on: May 11, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »
+1
NOW WHERE ARE MAH WHIPS? I SAW A LOT OF SWORDS, BUT NO WHIPS.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #647 on: May 11, 2015, 11:08:09 AM »
+1
ENCORE ENCORE!! how can you have a page in this topic without this reminder

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night
and

and all these

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/interview-castlevanias-former-keeper-returns-with-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

https://images.eurogamer.net/2015/usgamer/BloodstainedSpot2.jpg/EG11/resize/958x-1/format/jpg

https://images.eurogamer.net/2015/usgamer/BloodstainedSpot3.jpg

that is already looking to be a worthy successor to IGAvania creations!!  the first signs of a profound masterpiece!!!!

Of course Bloodstained Ritual of the Night will generate the most sales from

1. PS4
2. PC
3. X1

in that sequence.   Of course PS4 has the most international and widespread tastes for gaming.
PC is drenched in piracy but still a lot more profitable and broader consumer tastes than X1,
though X1 would definitely get more sales than a Wii U or portable version would. 
Plus X1 has a decent standard controller for this genre, and better hardware.

It is smart they are developing this for only those platforms, that will keep the quality high instead of
cutting corners for previous gen hardware.    It may be a 2.5D game, but it benefits from every part
of what the best gaming hardware has these days, so that will help optimize its performance among other
things.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #648 on: May 11, 2015, 11:09:32 AM »
http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/5/11/8576141/koji-igarashi-day-in-the-life

Here's a cool tie-in article by Polygon. Some interesting Castlevania tidbits - the 3D Alucard game was not coming along well, and yeah, his 2D Castlevania projects were canned when they brought on MercurySteam. RIP 1999, at least we'll always have operation akumajo's terrible script in our hearts...

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #649 on: May 11, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »
Of course Kickstarter doesn't have PayPal support. *reluctantly applies for creditcard*

I'm planning on backing for $300 because I like autographs. I don't particularly care for the map and the rest is out of my price range/embarrassing.

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #650 on: May 11, 2015, 11:11:11 AM »
Of course Kickstarter doesn't have PayPal support. *reluctantly applies for creditcard*

I'm planning on backing for $300 because I like autographs. I don't particularly care for the map and the rest is out of my price range/embarrassing.
Actually, this is the Paypal link for the Kickstarter. https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/bloodstained

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #651 on: May 11, 2015, 11:11:25 AM »
Just pledged $300 bucks. I have faith in you IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #652 on: May 11, 2015, 11:13:58 AM »
http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/5/11/8576141/koji-igarashi-day-in-the-life

Here's a cool tie-in article by Polygon. Some interesting Castlevania tidbits - the 3D Alucard game was not coming along well, and yeah, his 2D Castlevania projects were canned when they brought on MercurySteam. RIP 1999, at least we'll always have operation akumajo's terrible script in our hearts...
Man, I am done with Konami.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #653 on: May 11, 2015, 11:14:42 AM »
I just pledged 150.00 My first EVER KS!

I'll be getting the Xbox One Version.

This is being made in Unreal 4?! It's gonna be sooo huge!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #654 on: May 11, 2015, 11:16:06 AM »
Actually, this is the Paypal link for the Kickstarter. https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/bloodstained

Thanks for the link. Backed.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #655 on: May 11, 2015, 11:18:50 AM »

Oh good. I missed that. Reminds me of the Thorn Whip from Simon's Quest.

Man, I am done with Konami.

Why did they have to do this? Why does Konami hate everything good? There was no reason they couldn't have simultaneously funded both.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:20:45 AM by e105beta »

Offline Kirie

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #656 on: May 11, 2015, 11:19:02 AM »
+2
IGA is going to be on the stream here pretty much all day today: http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames

IGAMANIA SCHEDULE
11:00: Announcement, with IGA, Egoraptor, and Colin Moriarty
11:30: IGA plays Rogue Legacy
12:30: Turbodog702 speedruns Guacamelee with IGA, romscout, Rocco Botte, and Colin Moriarty
1:45: IGA plays Shadow Complex with Donald Mustard, and Derrick Acosta
2:45: PinkPajamas speed runs Bunny Must Die with IGA and Colin Moriarty
3:45: New music from Michiru Yamane and Ippo Yamada
4:00: IGA plays Shovel Knight with Yacht Club Games and Rocco Botte
5:00: Andy plays Ori and the Blind Forest with Colin Moriarty, romscout, and Fangamer
6:00: IGA plays Axiom Verge with Tom Happ and Colin Moriarty

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #657 on: May 11, 2015, 11:21:35 AM »
The 2.5D makes me a bit worried... specially because it's Inti Creates (MN9 isn't looking that good). But it all depends on what shaders they'll use on this game.

Also, they are limiting the platforms for realistic goals, unlike MN9.

If we can get something on the level of Dust: An Elysian Tail or something like this, I'll be happy.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #658 on: May 11, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »
The 2.5D makes me a bit worried... specially because it's Inti Creates (MN9 isn't looking that good). But it all depends on what shaders they'll use on this game.
2.5D can be good.

Don't get me started on MN9 though, for everything it was promised and how much it made it looks like a big disappointment. I was raising like 100 eyebrows when they announced the cartoon franchises before the game was even finished, left a bad taste in my mouth. That and having to cut out being able to steal parts/transformations from enemies and not bosses due to budgeting? Yeah, nah.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:29:46 AM by OSM »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #659 on: May 11, 2015, 11:28:05 AM »
+2
Wait... her name is Miriam?
That was my very first girlfriend's name... (not even remotely joking).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything