Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Sir Terry Pratchett  (Read 2561 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: March 12, 2015, 10:25:16 AM »
Sir Terry Pratchett passed away last night, according to Neil Gaiman.  Terry's final words, on Twitter, are very sad: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/terry-pratchett-dead-authors-final-tweets-serve-as-a-poignant-farewell-10104159.html.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
Haven't had the chance to read anything he wrote. Can you people recommend anything that you really liked? Stuff that is especially comical.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 03:10:27 PM »
The Death stories from Discworld: Mort, Reaper Man, Soul Music, Hogfather, are all excellent.    Good Omens is something he co-wrote with Neil Gaiman.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »
Haven't had the chance to read anything he wrote. Can you people recommend anything that you really liked? Stuff that is especially comical.

Only thing I've read by him was "Reaper Man" which was pretty good. Sorry to see him go all the same, since he made so many people happy with his work.

Tags:

anything