Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Takarazuka Revue - Anyone else a fan?  (Read 2953 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:58:00 AM »
So, over the weekend I came across the musical Elisabeth, in particular, the Takarazuka Revue Company's productions of it.  It's basically about teh love/hate affair that the Empress Elisabeth of Austria had with the figure of Death, all narrated by her killer the Italian rogue Lucheni.  I've sat and watched yesterday (and finished watchign the end today) of the 2014 production.  All I can say is wow, this is brilliant.  My favourite song is 'Yami ga hirogaru', which is sung by Elisabeth's son Rudolf and Death.

"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
Re: Takarazuka Revue - Anyone else a fan?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »
Yeah, they did a stage play of Legend of Galactic Heroes. Very nice, I like them for that :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 03:26:24 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I could only see the posters and some news clips from Japanese channels.
I need to watch any of their shows.
As a whole all Japanese only musicals fascinate me. There are too many that I need to watch on my bucket list.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:31:38 AM »
I'll send you some links.  Youtube happens to have a few complete ones, including the 2014 production of Elisabeth (the vid I posted is from that production), Romeo and Juliet, Phantom of the Opera (not the ALW version though).  It's just sad that the dvds alone are so expensive, and lack subs.  Oh well.  I'll have to settle with youtube, and the soundtrack cd.  No, this is not in the slightest bit inspiting me for Halloween... honest.....
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 01:49:24 AM »
Thanks dearie~!
I'll wait for those links on my pm. :)
I'm still searching desperately for the niconico musicals for Cantarella and Senbonzakura. I've searched for the dvds several times in japan to no avail...  :'(

Tags: