Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 192227 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2017, 12:18:21 AM »
+1
(Ronin Warriors reference)

I... I thought I was the only one who ever watched that show... *wipes away a tear*
I AM NOT ALONE!!

[ intensifies ]

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2017, 05:28:15 AM »
So given that Trevor is clearly inspired by his CoD look,Alucard by his SoTN look, and Dracula having shades of Mathias, can we all agree that these guys know the series well, and we can expect to see references from well beyond just Cv3?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2017, 06:30:07 AM »
So far, when it comes to the overall look and the character designs, I definitely think they are hitting the right notes. However, personally, I want to know  a little bit more about the script. The visual references to LoI, CoD and SotN indeed seem to indicate they're keeping those games in mind. But I'm still worried about how they will adapt CV3 itself. For example, something I really like about the CV3's backstory is the Church trying various methods to get rid of Dracula themselves before turing to the Belmont family as a last resort. Will events also happen that way in the animated series? The reason I'm worrying about that is because that initial summary that was posted online seems to completely omit that. So I hope that part is included or at least alluded to.   

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2017, 07:13:57 AM »
How about the Devil Forgemaster's involvement during CV3 as revealed in Curse of Darkness' backstory?

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »
How about the Devil Forgemaster's involvement during CV3 as revealed in Curse of Darkness' backstory?
I'm hoping, but that's more of a pipe dream. But then again, Trevor' s look definitely harkens most to his appearance in CoD.  So it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »
I'd prefer it if they left that stuff out of this adaption to be honest. If they're making a CVIII mini series then that's what it should be about. CoD is CoD; it's own thing. Though added to CVIII's backstory it is not actual original CVIII material. The visual nods I can let slide but I'd prefer a more authentic CVIII experience.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »
you can see a little bit more of the Trevor vs Alucard scene in this netflix trailor.  most of the trailer is devoted to other netflix shows though.

http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-whats-coming-and-leaving-netflix-july-257127

cv at about 20 seconds in for about 3 seconds
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:48:48 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »
Here's the clip on it's own, someone posted it on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/100009044762494/videos/1801378290173646/

I'd prefer it if they left that stuff out of this adaption to be honest. If they're making a CVIII mini series then that's what it should be about. CoD is CoD; it's own thing. Though added to CVIII's backstory it is not actual original CVIII material. The visual nods I can let slide but I'd prefer a more authentic CVIII experience.

Well that was just an example.  I would much prefer that this series sets itself up for more than just  Cv3.  I want mention of Leon Belmont, I want at least some kind of reference to devil forgemasters, Chaos as the source of Dracula's power, and maybe even an appearance from Carmilla.  No reason to limit this to one NES game when the power of Castlevania's story has always been cumulative.  We already have elements from SoTN, why stop there?  They'll have to add something to the story in order to flesh it out enough for the medium, would you prefer they just make stuff up, or use what's already been laid out in the series?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:08:51 PM by AlexCalvo »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2017, 01:15:44 PM »
About 2 weeks to go, it's so close!

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »
So Richard Armitage (Thorin Oakenshield) is in this now apparently, according to the official website.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2017, 03:01:40 PM »

I'd agree with you, were not for the fact this already isn't an "authentic CVIII experience". So much shit is changed (and I mean, core aspects) that I'm just hoping it looks good and can stand by itself. More or less how I hoped for LoS1.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »

I... I thought I was the only one who ever watched that show... *wipes away a tear*
I AM NOT ALONE!!

[ intensifies ]

No, you're not.  I had all the episodes on those oldtimey EP VHS tapes (8 hours per tape, terrible framerate).
But I watched the entire thing, like, three times, a few years ago.

The whole bit with Anubis, "The Ancient", the entire bit about all the characters wearing "That Armor", all the kickass power moves.
SNAKE BITE STRIKE
WEB OF DECEPTION
QUAKE WITH FEAR
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »
So Richard Armitage (Thorin Oakenshield) is in this now apparently, according to the official website.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2017, 07:50:22 PM »
Whoa, Thorin.
That's good stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2017, 08:04:54 PM »
I might have a few gripes about the Hobbit trilogy, but acting ability isn't one of them. Armitage is phenomenal.

The Netflix series might wind up being total crap, but even if that happens it'll still be populated by quality people.

Tags: