Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed  (Read 194252 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Netflix Castlevania Animation: Cast Revealed
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2017, 03:28:05 PM »
I never got around to reading that. I didn't know we knew that much. Even specific characters. Thats kind of lame.

;D

Now we pray they don't shit the bed, because the summary does and justified ever since the beginning my complete distrust of this project.

The animation and the cast are promising! In fact, the animation (from the teaser, at least) is a great deal superior to what I expected. The cast is also stellar.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »
Armitage is Trevor, Shankar did a reveal video on his facebook.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2017, 04:30:04 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209074714845648&set=pb.1251672088.-2207520000.1498689101.&type=3&theater

Well, the cast lineup is looking great!  Graham McTavish is playing Dracula, and, as I suspected, James Callis is playing Alucard.  I know Callis more from Bridget Jones rather than Battlestar (I was never convinced by the remake when I grew up loving the original), and think he sounds right.  I think we're being spoilt by the quality of the lineup.  I'm definitely going to wait until I see the series before I pass full jdgement on this though, as I've said all along.  Even if it's not the mind-blowingly fabulous, everything we could dream of series that we hope it to be, it's still a screen adaptation of the series.  It's based on the original series rather than Lords of Shadow.  It's also something that isn't a mobile or pachinko game.  That's at least something to be happy about.  It might help pave the way to someting else later down the line.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline BloodyShadowoftheDarkness

• I don't even know how I came up with this name
  • What a horrible night to have a curse...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »
Now we pray they don't shit the bed, because the summary does and justified ever since the beginning my complete distrust of this project.

Exactly. Now I'm a little bit less sure of what's going to happen.
I hope they don't screw up.

That's at least something to be happy about.  It might help pave the way to someting else later down the line.

This is my biggest hope about this whole series, while I still hope it will be a great adaptation, and that at least a good amount of my hopes are realized by it, if in the end it's at least enough to revive the series again, that already makes me happy.

I would love new games, I imagine this would hope, as it would put the series in the public eyes again, even if it will be for a whole new audience too, and cause a newbie boom, which depending of what direction they take with this animation, it could be worrying. But it seems they are going with the series' roots, so they probably won't change the games if that happens.
The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2017, 08:52:34 PM »
-The Saint of Killers is Dracula-

Great hooba-jooba!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2017, 02:36:35 AM »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2017, 03:16:44 AM »
Damn, Dracula is looking fiiiiiine.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2017, 03:47:51 AM »
Oohhh.... Is this Lisa's death scene?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2017, 04:03:52 AM »
That was my first thought as well. This might also indicate an improvement of the old synopsis. There's it's stated that after Dracula learned of Lisa's death, he doesn't even bother going down there and just threatens the villager through a magic mirror. Needless to say it makes more sense for him to show up in person so that the audience can see him react to Lisa's death.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2017, 04:10:16 AM »
on that note I just realized this iteration looks vaguely like a younger SOTN drac

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2017, 04:43:02 AM »
on that note I just realized this iteration looks vaguely like a younger SOTN drac
Indeed. He looks a lot like Chronicles'.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2017, 04:52:30 AM »
He actually looks like Julius Belmont.  Maybe it's the outfit, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2017, 05:49:44 AM »
Pictures of the entire cast:

Trevor:
(click to show/hide)

Alucard:
(click to show/hide)

Sypha:
(click to show/hide)

Lisa:
(click to show/hide)

The Bishop:
(click to show/hide)

The Elder:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2017, 05:55:34 AM »
bishop's gonna be an asshole

i'd say "calling it now" but it's rather obvious isn't it

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags:

anything