Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A Castlevania marathon this Halloween weekend!  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Yuso

• The Speed Gamers
    • Awards
A Castlevania marathon this Halloween weekend!
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »
So I figured I'd let Castlevania fans know about this as it may interest you.

The Speed Gamers, a group of gamers who stream live games for charities is having a 48 hour Castlevania marathon this weekend over at their site. They will be playing through the entire Castlevania series within the 48 hours (hopefully beat them all) and while doing so there will be live commentary alongside the game play. They will be playing to help raise donations for BestFriends.org, an organization dedicated to the support of sheltered animals. There will also be Castlevania themed prizes that you can win (including shirts, action figures, comic books, and possibly more) and the hosts of this marathon will be dressed up for halloween, in costumes picked out by community members... which you could probably guess that the ones who selected their costumes showed no mercy.

So if you'd like to stop by, watch the games be played and have a good time with other video game fans, there will be a chat where you can discuss whats going on or even heckle the player! (Just joking, respect is a nice thing. :P ) *note, you will need a ustream account to log in and chat which could be made there and then in 30 seconds, and its absolutely free.* Oh right. If you know or are a fan of YouTube Lets Player ProtonJon, he will be participating playing

The Castlevania marathon will start off with Symphony of the Night at 6 PM CST on Friday October 29 over at www.thespeedgamers.com. Hope you decide to stop by!
Grab your shields Spartans!

Offline Richter

• Vampire Killer
  • Hunter in Training
  • Die, monster!
    • Project R Design
    • Awards
Re: A Castlevania marathon this Halloween weekend!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
Why start with Symphony?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »
Why start with Symphony?

Put your best foot forward. or so they say.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »
This is a very ambitious pursuit, but with a noble cause :) GODSPEED!

I wish I could join in on it, but I'll probably be intoxicated somewhere.. due to it being Halloween weekend 'n all.

Offline Yuso

• The Speed Gamers
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 06:24:53 PM »
Yeah, it being on a holiday weekend and all does make it tricky, and I myself probably will just pop in and out. I'll kinda plan out when to show up to see certain games being played. I don't recall well but I think they wanted to do a multiplayer run of HoD. So thats something I hope to see.
Grab your shields Spartans!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 12:02:28 AM »
Go with Super Casltevania IV! The mood and Atmosphere is just perfect.  8)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 12:09:49 AM »
Why are there two threads for the same thing?

Tags: