Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way  (Read 82343 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 01:33:29 AM »
+1
its my opinion and for the 4th time i tell you , i don't hate los but it makes me miss many things from castlevania so i even prefer iga than MS and yes MS studio created 4 games not only 3 but they created 1 castlevania until now

the first los game has insanely went so far from the castlevania games the designs are just enough to talk about

especially when i went inside the castle i said yes ! now i'm inside the castle and all what i saw is boobs !

Do not complain about boobs man it's not like it was a bad thing right ;)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 01:51:47 AM »
+2
Do not complain about boobs man it's not like it was a bad thing right ;)

But you must know that we need something more than that like whipping the candles , gaining hearts , epic soundtracks "not movies soundtracks" real zombies and vampires

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 05:35:48 AM »
LoS goes for more of a realism feel to it- gaining hearts just wouldnt make much sense in that light. It never really made sense at all IMO, and I always wondered what the hearts are supposed to be. Do belmonts weapons literally run fueled by red dripping hearts? They like some voodoo weapons or some shit?

Also, there were candles in the castle. everywhere. And they were very whippable, and dropped sub weapons.

but to each their own.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 05:45:58 AM »
Copy and paste? What makes you believe that? MS is the studio I've seen copying and pasting LESS ever. They didn't do that  even with textures (The Castle ones are amazing, such variety). If anything, they'll only get better.

When I meant by copy and paste I didn't mean reused enviroment's, what I meant is that I worry that they will take both the good and the bad gameplay aspects from LOS1 and put them in LOS2 with no improvements. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Mercurysteam would be THAT lazy but something deeeep in the back of my mind is telling me that's what gonna happen.

Now what keep's my doubt's in check is that Cox and Alverez are fully aware of what's needed and what's not needed for the sequel (remember they both lurk the forums). Plus the new engine improvements and the rumor that the game will be more open is more than enough to get me hyped, now they just gotta show it and put my doubt's to rest.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:52:31 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 06:07:09 AM »
+1
LoS goes for more of a realism feel to it- gaining hearts just wouldnt make much sense in that light. It never really made sense at all IMO, and I always wondered what the hearts are supposed to be. Do belmonts weapons literally run fueled by red dripping hearts? They like some voodoo weapons or some shit?

Also, there were candles in the castle. everywhere. And they were very whippable, and dropped sub weapons.

but to each their own.

lol those red hearts was in the game since "vampire killer" and they have changed it to crystals in bloodlines guess what ? they brought it back again to the series cuz its castlevania it has its own elements and ways to gain things , ok then where is the money bag in los ? the breakable walls ? and howah ?! wait i heard mgs main theme in castlevania ?? god dammit its castlevania ! not only that they brought us the solid eye and snake's bandana

ok for castlevania fans lets see what have they brought to us :

- Vampire killer theme want to hear it ? please you must get chibby to go inside that music box so cute ha ?

and unnoticeable remixes from SC4 they have totally ruined the original soundtracks , go and compare it to the original ones "you have your own opinion" i'm saying i never liked the remixes !!

- fans , we heard that you want to go inside the castle right ? ok we brought you an ancient castle filled with ice

- vampires , you want vampires ? ok have them naked !! baraka from mortal kombat is the main leader of the vampires ... no comment dude

and finally this :

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab290/DENGO-ZERO/Untitled-2.png

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 07:05:51 AM »
Okay Dengo, I may not be a big fan of LoS, but you're dangerously close to being as much of a douche as Sinful was here.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »
I hope it turns out a lot like the first one, but with less puzzles, and more emphasis on action. That's something I felt they did really well in LoS. Though maybe they could make certain enemies less of a tank. I really like the direction overall, and LoS is a vast improvement compared to ALL the 3D 'vanias in the past.

I thought the vampires were an awesome callout to the N64 games, so I really enjoyed fighting them. I was only kind of disappointed that when you got bitten you didn't need a "purifying" to recover.  :( That would have been priceless.

I've talked about how I appreciate the atmosphere of the game and the feel of wilderness areas, as well as the castle locations. Honestly I kind of liked their take on making the castle more realistic overall in design, but I'm expecting that this sequel will have seen it grow a lot under Gabula's command.

I imagine that since Gabriel took the powers of the lords of shadow and became THE lord of shadow, we'll see more variety of enemies in the same location, such as fighting werewolves AND vampires, etc. I really liked the variety in bosses in the first one, but hopefully there will be less colossi to climb and hit the weak points of this time around. That got annoying.

In the end though, none of us has a clue how this will turn out, so here's hoping for the best! I'll be putting money down the second it's available for preorder.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 07:32:13 AM »
Okay Dengo, I may not be a big fan of LoS, but you're dangerously close to being as much of a douche as Sinful was here.

who are they ? if i'm doing something wrong then tell me bro , i will gladly listen to it

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 07:48:11 AM »
Well, for one that was quite the immature outburst there, you might wanna calm down first so you can post a proper rebuttal next time. And I might have used the wrong comparison here since Sinful was more of an abrasive, condescending smartass. Just read the threads he made and you'll find out how bad he is to land a spot on my ignore list.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:53:32 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »
Well, for one that was quite the immature outburst there, you might wanna calm down first so you can post a proper rebuttal next time. And I might have used the wrong comparison here since Sinful was more of an abrasive, condescending smartass. Just read the threads he made and you'll find out how bad he is to land a spot on my ignore list.

lol thanks for informing me bro , i'll do my best to be more respectful next time , my apologize
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:10:08 AM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline kingu

• Dragon
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • You should have saying!
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 08:31:14 AM »
i hope the city is plastered with rage faces and gabriel spouts "u mad?" for the epic and hip win

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
+3

but to each their own.

No different than hearts in current Zelda games. Or are we going to bitch how Zelda now needs to to change, since it's gotten more realistic over the years?

I don't understand the problem with keeping game iconography, especially in long running franchises.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
+1
As much as I would like to see hearts, more candle whipping, and pot roast, I've accepted we're just not going to see any of it in the series anymore. I don't see why Castlevania can't have things like that though when MGS can have floating boxes of rations and cardboard boxes to sneak around in, they're just as campy as finding pot roast in the walls and using hearts for ammunition for sub weapons.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:41:44 AM by OSM »

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
Will be watching videos online first. Simple as that. If it looks better than LoS, then I might try it. No more Titans. Please no more Titans! That was the main thing I hated about the game other than that it didn't feel like Castlevania enough too me.  :-\

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »
+2
No different than hearts in current Zelda games. Or are we going to bitch how Zelda now needs to to change, since it's gotten more realistic over the years?

I don't understand the problem with keeping game iconography, especially in long running franchises.

Since Gabriel is a vampire now, the hearts fueling your weapons should return. Actual hearts. He pulls them still beating from enemies and eats them to get power. That'd be hardcore and mature enough for the game right?

And they should still make the cute "Konami" sounds when he devours them.

anything