Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A question for those who've beaten lords of shadow  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
  • In the shadows, lurks redemption
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
A question for those who've beaten lords of shadow
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:11:33 PM »
+1
Didnt Gabriel seem like he was in a self-imposed exile?
He visibly didn't look like he had drank blood in a long time, his lair was in shambles and certain parts looked as if they were destroyed by him or something powerful, and it was clear that he could've left at anytime but, for some reason, didnt.

Now, I know mirror of faith will likely explain this, but does anyone think that perhaps Simon does or says something that resonates with the aging lord?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: A question for those who've beaten lords of shadow
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »
It does seem as if, rather than being the ham-tastic Lord of Darkness of the old canon, this Gabriel version of Dracula just wants to be left alone.  It seems as if he's spent over 1000 years avoiding people.

Sort of reminds me of this line that Alucard says:
"The blood that flows through my veins is cursed. 'Twould be best if I were to disappear forever."

Except people keep finding him.  Which reminds me of the constant black mass rituals in the old canon used to resurrect Dracula.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:26:35 PM »
Indeed. It may be that, instead of being the final boss, Gabriel may have a different role in mirror of faith. Perhaps he is simply revered by occultists, who mistakenly believe that he wants to rule the world or something. In this delusion, perhaps they cause a surge of new vampires to arise which is the reason why Trevor and Simon are hunting them.

For all we know, Trevor or Simon may be looking for his help, not his destruction.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »
+1
Cox said via twitter that the reason he looks so decrepit & weak is because he hasn't fed in 100 years.

*waits for someone to chime in & say NO HE DIDNT SAY THAT*

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
So he is, or was, in a form of self-exile.
So the major question is: why?

The man, despite his brooding moods and dark storms, wasn't one to hurt innocent people, even when under extreme anger. I don't think that he'd follow the path that mathias did in lament of innocence. Gabriel knew his wife, hed know that she would not approve of him hurting others to slight god or such.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:59:09 PM »
well that's the dilemma that Cox & co. have given us.

classic timeline Drac in 1999 would've been full of rage & declared an "ALL OR NOTHING" scenario against mankind, as evidenced in Portrait of Ruin's ending. this timeline's Drac however just wants to be freeee

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
+1
Perhaps he tries to frame himself or lead his descendants (Trevor and Simon) into killing him like he did to the original three lords of shadow (sans zolbek). All of it fails of course, but it is a theory.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »
unless the belmonts are following the same suit against the dark lords as gabe did, and with gabe and zobek being the last lords of shadow per say, zobek even refered to gabe as the "prince of darkness" during one of the loading segments, so Im wondering if the belmonts are out to destroy both Gabe and Zobek, due to both of them upsurping the order of the brotherhood. i cant wait for the new games
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »
Cox said via twitter that the reason he looks so decrepit & weak is because he hasn't fed in 100 years.

*waits for someone to chime in & say NO HE DIDNT SAY THAT*

100 years would mean he fed just fine up until, what, 1900?

Something important has to happen then.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 12:04:11 AM »
Didnt Gabriel seem like he was in a self-imposed exile?
He visibly didn't look like he had drank blood in a long time, his lair was in shambles and certain parts looked as if they were destroyed by him or something powerful, and it was clear that he could've left at anytime but, for some reason, didnt.

Now, I know mirror of faith will likely explain this, but does anyone think that perhaps Simon does or says something that resonates with the aging lord?

Yes Simon kick Gabriel's unholy ass  8)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
You never know. Gabriel could not be the final boss, just as zobek wasn't for lords of shadow.

Tags:

anything