Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 189006 times)

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »
+1
Man its all good we got this. This project is killa.  We got this shinin like a ho on a stripper pole. plus we got some even krazier shit i ain't gone speak about. The fans will see when that beta is released first at mushroom kingdom fusion then here and at the forum. getting close Las. gotta fix alucards stair clib spritw which is in works as I speak. The secret levels based on decisions you make and what path you choose while remaining canon to the story and time period.

clean up a few bugs here and there.
touch up atlantis
tweak grant
finish up dialogue.(in works now)
Voice recording for dialogue.(sotn style)
Not much more to do but finish polishing up whatneeds be.
when done with this, a direct remake of Cv1 and Cv2 simons quest.In btween working on purge of chaos. then a few mega man remakes and then I'm retiring from this for good.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
Actually the one stage in CVIII isn't Atlantis even though I used to think so too  ;D  It's title is roughly 'The lost shrine of Poltergeists' or something along those lines. Nice to know that the game is almost finished. Perhaps the first CVIII fan remake ever to be released. Can't wait to give it a go!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2014, 08:23:31 AM »
+1
Actually the one stage in CVIII isn't Atlantis even though I used to think so too  ;D  It's title is roughly 'The lost shrine of Poltergeists' or something along those lines. Nice to know that the game is almost finished. Perhaps the first CVIII fan remake ever to be released. Can't wait to give it a go!

yeah lol i just call it atlantis for short. now its like everytime I talk about the level,  I seem to call it that all the time. of course in the game, the levels will have the respective name.
but yeah once we wrap it up. ill make sure you get to play it. thanks fpr your interest and support. seems like here lately We get little to no support at all. so once again thank yo so much.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2014, 09:33:15 AM »
thanks fpr your interest and support. seems like here lately We get little to no support at all. so once again thank yo so much.

No problem. Just do what you can bro  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2014, 10:26:15 AM »
+1
Well i made 2 videos more but since im busy i cant do more  :'( , when i find time i will make more if you want and sorry about the speed

Super Castlevania 3 Stage Ghost Ship

Super Castlevania 3 Stage Tower

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »
+1
Well i made 2 videos more but since im busy i cant do more  :'( , when i find time i will make more if you want and sorry about the speed

Super Castlevania 3 Stage Ghost Ship

Super Castlevania 3 Stage Tower

its no problem bro. also we have since updated ghostship and towet. actually all the levels have been updated. I'm sure Las will send you an update for beta testing. Thanks for your help and support of this project as well. its well appreciated.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2014, 07:28:11 PM »
That Sypha sprite is sick!  :o  Her movements are fresh yet it's still her! Good job!  ;)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2014, 07:31:09 PM »
Man i shoulda waited a couple days to show the revamped ghosthips..cause i added in animated water backgrounds for several levels... including the keep,courtyard,sunken city,mnt range, and of course ghosthip(it looks pretty dope!!). Though i must admit i feel like ghosthip should have more crashing waves,splashes taht sort of thing going on..what i just added is good for now..but i will more or less change it in time. Sunken city will soon have a face lift as did teh ghosthip...just cant' stay away from the pickiness. Also i have been toyign with some new grant animations..i altered his walking sprites..i like the idea behind it much better now..and i'll have something differnt for his stairs up and down aswell. Before in all honesty his animations were too smooth...which normally is good for any other cv character..not grant..he needs to have creepiness.like he's creepin' up on ya. almsot like a burglar or something..that's how he's looking now. Next up after i finish the animated water backgrounds..which i could show in a vid along with retweaked grant, i plan to fix the reflections i was working on earlier... One effect i've been at for  a long time is something viperirk has. I've been looking to get ahold of him for a while on it..but i dunno if he's been online for  a while. Well i will post any more newer updates pertaining to level enhancements as they come! 8) 8) 8)

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2014, 07:35:22 PM »
Thanks about sypha! Yeah i still feel like she could be closer to the original in jumping animations..which i will toy with more than likely at soem point.. Obviously you've seen their are various versions..so each may have their own animations..depending when i sit down with them. Be sure to check out teh cv3 classic al on the new revamp ghosthip level...his stairs are undergoing fixes..but overall he's complete.

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »
This looks amazing guys. I think the main reason you guys did not get the support deserved is that you are (want it or not) in competition with the other castlevania 3 remake. And your thread wasn't as active as the other one until recently, (so it didn't rank-show as high in the fan section, therefore not catching the eye). This being said, your work looks fantastic. Both remakes are looking great, and we are blessed to be able to experience two different versions of Dracula's curse. Keep up the great work guys, and thank you for giving this classic masterpiece  another re-telling.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2014, 08:58:08 PM »
Yeah..just been super busy with stuff..rehasing this and that..adding in effects...stuff can be time consuming..so yeah i can post but really when we have something ready for show..

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2014, 09:38:42 PM »
+1
This looks amazing guys. I think the main reason you guys did not get the support deserved is that you are (want it or not) in competition with the other castlevania 3 remake. And your thread wasn't as active as the other one until recently, (so it didn't rank-show as high in the fan section, therefore not catching the eye). This being said, your work looks fantastic. Both remakes are looking great, and we are blessed to be able to experience two different versions of Dracula's curse. Keep up the great work guys, and thank you for giving this classic masterpiece  another re-telling.
Thanks Sabinfigaro for your support and keeping it real. I respect that 100% my dude. yeah our activity was a shy for a while but we were working more in the dark. we good though. we have lots of stuff going on in the project. i almost wanna tell what it is so special in the game but I can't b/c i don't want to spoil any surprises for you all. Scv3 is coming along fine. a lot of changes done in the levels to make em even better. custom made boss edits.  And las with his clever ideas that he incorporates in the game. there is so much stuff in this game thatI personally have yet to see anyone do in a cv fangame. Las is is st an awesome guy with a great vision.

Now back yo the whole competition thing, I personally don't feel in competition with anyone, no disrespect to them. The way i see it we doing our thing and they doing there thing. i personally can't wait to play there game truth be told. I'm a big fan especially of Jorge's game. he alone inspired Las and I to do this game. no matter what we do, It can never compare to. Jorge's cvc. that's  the start of it all. Plus we got bmcs game and that guy is doing  pretty good at his game. major salute to bmc. when you get down to it, between the 3 remakes  they all have there very own distinctive look and feel to them. I love it lol. but yeah thanks to all you guys that support us. we are striving to give you a true remake of cv3.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:51:06 PM by reiko26 »

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2014, 12:15:36 AM »
Hey Reiko26, you are absolutely right.I expressed myself poorly, without any kind of knowledge to back up what I was writing. I'm sure there is no bad blood between you guys and the other cv3 team. And IF there is some sort of competition, I'm positive it's a healthy one. The castlevania dungeon is a pretty cool community and I know that everybody is doing their best to create works of art, not to claim superiority over another's project. Again, keep it up guys, and sorry if I offended anyone, that was really not my intention.  Btw, the Sypha sprite is freakin sweet.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:22:50 AM by SabinFigaro »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2014, 04:48:40 AM »
Hey Reiko26, you are absolutely right.I expressed myself poorly, without any kind of knowledge to back up what I was writing. I'm sure there is no bad blood between you guys and the other cv3 team. And IF there is some sort of competition, I'm positive it's a healthy one. The castlevania dungeon is a pretty cool community and I know that everybody is doing their best to create works of art, not to claim superiority over another's project. Again, keep it up guys, and sorry if I offended anyone, that was really not my intention.  Btw, the Sypha sprite is freakin sweet.
Actually, (not to talk for BMC Warmachine) but we can tell you that there are absolutely no competition.  We are all just passionate CV Fans with also a love for music, good storytelling, and just video games in general!

Just for a side note, we (myself included) are big fans of Las and Reiko. I personally keep an eye on this thread as a fan of their game even though I also have my own project going on and periodically helping Warmachine with his CV3 title.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2014, 10:02:02 AM »
+1

@Sabinfigaro Your fine man. I was not offended in no form or fashion at all. its all good.  I understod what you were saying ;)  we are still working hard to pump this game out for you fans. @ Darkman thanks for stopping by and being supportive. that means a lot. we should be having a couple new vids posted up real soon. thus time with sound lol

Tags: