Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 188958 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
;D ;D hey guys got 2new vids for you to enjoy. tell me what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OMPU-pFuWQ&feature=youtu.be

Ghost ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDpArQhyM0c
please enjoy
Hey if I may ask, where did you get the drapery that's blowing in the wind in 3:56 of the first vid?

Not that I am going to use that exact one, but I was looking for some drapery like that for what I am working on.

You mind sharing in a PM? I am going to sprite over those sprites to get what I am looking for...

ON TOPIC, your boss battles look boss! I guess I'm going to have to put up a new vid so everyone can see what I've been up too all this time! lol

Nice touch with the ghosts and Curse of Darkness Easter egg!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:41:59 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2014, 04:43:07 PM »
very cool man.
1 - i loved the oarsman easteregg. very cool.
2 - try to fix the sun to follow the view vertically too. close to the end the sun glitch on the wall asset.
3 - try to cap Alucard speed a bit. he is too "quick"
4 - the nostalgic death camera is also very cool
5 - try to add a check to the boss to change his direction to you when he attack's.
6 - the boss Ai and response time is very cool and the general stage layout is very cool too.the water effect is from bloodlines if i remenber well isn't ?
7 - the ghost ship is very cool also but you have capped it too much try to add more hazard's like the original one ^^

continue with this great work guy's.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »
@darkmanx_429 ok..yeah i'll have to send that in a pm...

@Isso  yeah i knew the sun would be commented on..problem is it's a tricky situtation. THe sun is part of the parrellex backgrounds..while the water/mountains..are not. They are an ojbect backgrronds..which complicates it a bit.. I may have to do some parrelllex playign around with that so it goes up/down more fluently or slowly..

ALucard has always been fast..but i did has the notion to slow down him in particular..mostly his attack..you can barely see the regular sword(before he powers up). Gratn is lighting fast too..possibly toning down their attacks image speed could be in ordinance. I think if anyone's attacks should be slow..it's syphas.. her sub item's pack a walloping anyways.
-Not sure what you mean by death camera..
-and i'm aware of Olrox only seeming to fight him in one direction. LC coded him..i'll have to ask him about that. It may have soething to do where i placed him..but at any rate it'd hve to eventually get changed.caus he'll start in his chair anyways..

-Water..bloodline...uh no...let's just say..we are doing about half the backgrounds as totally custom.. Water isnt' cv animated.
-Ghosthip..i am missing about maybe one element(the room 1 which is that see saw platform) i thought maybe i can put a plank up towards teh front of the ship insteead..We'll see if i can fit it in... As for capped..not sure what you mean...and though it may have only the norm..when it comes to hazards.. the holes in the decks..aren't easily visible..you can die pretty easy if your not careful.. Besides..the dead pirates are placed..strategically..to give the players a medusahead hair pulling of a hard time. And though we havent toggled too much with defensive and offenisve settings of teh bosses or enemies.. When we make medusa's ray beams so they can stone..don't expect the fight to be nearly as easy..there is a reason...she yells venom..when she shoots at you.. she may go down as one of the toughest mid bosses ever in a fangame..when i am done with her.. What say you know about hazards?? lol

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2014, 06:39:50 PM »
Yeah we are still working on thungs atm. alucards speex will be toned down just a little. orlox will be fixed when we do the intro for the battle. the water fx we have is custom made.. stay tuned though guys, we have such sites to show you :o its crazy with the stuff Las and I have come up with to enhance the game. all I will say is once you play it, your definately gonna want to play again.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2014, 08:14:12 PM »
....easter eggs? Their are no easter eggs in our game.. At least none that i am aware of...lmao... Curious as to what you are refering to as easter eggs?

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2014, 08:32:28 PM »
+1
....easter eggs? Their are no easter eggs in our game.. At least none that i am aware of...lmao... Curious as to what you are refering to as easter eggs?

lmao Las you are so blond lol. easter eggs means hidden stuff like isaac and the oarsman dude we have tons of easter eggs lol

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »
A ha...ok..lol..gotcha now.. I was thinking in literal terms..but yeah..i see whatcha mean now.. ;D

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2014, 02:43:19 AM »
I like the fact that alucard speed help me record the stages more faster, the problem its that when i use him i dont show the others characters, but help me a lot

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2014, 02:57:58 PM »
yeah a true final version of al would have to be dimmed down a bit.. He's just beastin' at everything. Gotta make it maybe more doable for the others too..

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2014, 09:18:02 PM »
easter eggs means hidden stuff like isaac and the oarsman dude we have tons of easter eggs lol

I'd personally leave Issac out of CV III even if he is an Easter egg. He just doesn't belong in that game  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2014, 02:02:17 AM »
I'd personally leave Issac out of CV III even if he is an Easter egg. He just doesn't belong in that game  :P

why not ? Isaac was actually present durimg draculas curse. he blamed hector for draculas demise at the hand of trevor belmont. Bc hector defected. wouldn't you like to see us shed some light on what took place isaac before cod? X , trust me, you guys are going to love it when we are done. its mad crazy dude lol.
Retro, Las, LC, and I have so much going on in this game that once you play it and beat it, you are going to want to blast through it again. tons of easter eggs, new trapsr, some new enemies and hiedden bosses and quote " HIDDEN BOSSES" stay tuned in.
If you guys have any ideas or critiques. please feel free to drop a line. til then, we will keep you guys well informed .  And once again I'd like to thank the ones that are supporting this project bc without you guys, this game would have not have happened.

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2014, 05:59:48 AM »

i don't see any bad as an extra character.hum , and by isac i can say that there will be  a hector . who will be the third character ?

more one suggestion. seeing some of the other videos it´s better increase the speed of trevor cause sypha is quick as alucard. if i remenber well there are some trevor running sprites animation somewhere. you guys certainly could use then on your game. but again is just my humble suggestion. do the better to the game.

and continue with the great work.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2014, 10:17:27 AM »
i don't see any bad as an extra character.hum , and by isac i can say that there will be  a hector . who will be the third character ?

more one suggestion. seeing some of the other videos it´s better increase the speed of trevor cause sypha is quick as alucard. if i remenber well there are some trevor running sprites animation somewhere. you guys certainly could use then on your game. but again is just my humble suggestion. do the better to the game.

and continue with the great work.

@IssoBelmont yes, there is more to come. idk if you remember our beta test from a couple of years back We hadvids with hector as a playable character. however for the cv3 storyline ,ypu may see hector or you may see isaac in certain points of the game. just depends on what path you take and who you have with you lol. as for trevors speed, yeah he is kind of slower thsn the others. we are going to balance yhem out. we have not gotten the chance to do so yet being thst we have other stuff we are working on. we will definately. get on it though. thanks for your suggestions, It always helps us when we recieve feed back

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »
Ok i wish we'd dim down the Cod discussion..seeing that this is  SCV3.. We arent going to be revealing any secrets at this time.. We(SCV3 TEAM) arent letting any more cats out of the bags so to speak!

All i can say left is we are working hard to bring you what we feel is the best material for Cv3 fan gamers. So please feel free to talk about most anything..just make sure not to ask about things that do not yet have an answer.. thanks!

Also @ isso at your comment on their speeds.. Wel sypha is fine..she is actualll rather slow..we may even make her a tad slower.. grant is the only one who should have uber fast speed..Plus fast at bascially everything. He's also the weakest..in terms of offense defense. Alucard's speed as agreed sotn version, that is, will probablay be slowed down a bit at some point..and his attacks too.. as for trevor..i thnk he's perfectly fine.. He's the one player i doubt will see any such changes.. Alucard needs to be made more so where he maybe fast..but his attacks arent the strongest..and his defense is similar to trevor..

Sypha obiovulsy will be slow(maybe her attack also) but her attacks with sub items..as known..by fans..will be very strong.. the most powerfull in the game..her defense is slightly stronger than that of grant..but not as much as al's. Trevors' defense is the best in the game..
So something along the lines of that..you know..
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:53:47 PM by Las »

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2014, 03:53:20 PM »
While alucard remains fast and strong, as Las said he will be slowed down but probably not by much. As you will start out with the original alucard or classic alucard. there are other means of unlocking sotn version with the different skins. trevor is pretty much good atm. we are basing most of their strength and weakness on the nes version but there are additions to each character based on the new things we have added and will be adding. Guys you are all in for a great surprise  ;D

Tags: