Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 188976 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2014, 07:38:41 PM »
 ;)Hey Guys! Back with some interesting vids here.. I thought about it for a while now..and realized some of the latter levels of Cv3 didnt make full sense to me.. While the coutryard looked like an inner halls...the inner halls looks like a coutryard..somehow.. I dunno why..But in some retrospect..i feel the need to somehow swap them a bit. So i sorta did that.. For now i left the core of the Coutryard( i wont change that do to originality purposes). However i did add in a couple of intro rooms..i've beeen working on for a bit. I feel they are complete enough to show..though keep in mind there is a drawbridge that goes down over the water and the sotn door..well it needs to be code.. I screwed that part up. there is a green block( i just need to pull a blank ojbects that's sprite got deleted).

Also hats of to ESCo for letting me use his prolgoue name code for our level names.Overall though i think it gives far more of what a real courtyard in those times would look like..

...here
Super Castlevania 3_Castle Courtyard entrace addition+courtyard itself
SCV3 Courtyard Addition(what it coulda looked like!)

SCV3 3d CHapel primtives added
SCV3 3d Primitive Chapel room test(Snidr)

Here is also another neat feature i've been wanting to add for a while now.. a 3d style Chapel room courtesy of The SNidr. While the mainstay of it is taken care of..we need add in more textures(ceiling,floor,back side). I would like to also add in the golden staircases in sotn chapel room area.. Aswell as some pews,and alter, and perhaps..the grandcross on the far back wall. I though about putting some sort of confession room in their..withe some of that stuff just before the chapel room..but we'll have to see  if it'll fit in nicely without clusterin the view. Yeah sorry for some reason to the vid has some slow down and blur issues. Somethign must of gotten screwy when uploading. Sorry bout that..

SCV3 Mirror Test
SCV3 2D mirror on Wall effect...

Here i have a mirror test i've been working on.. IT is very tricky to implement and not fully working yet.. It is do to the depths at which each object is now set at. Some of the backgrounds are no longer actualy backgrounds and are now objects instead  moved by parrellex. Obvioulsy alot will need to go into the mirror reflection than is seen here. For one the player animations arent all yet accounted for..so Retro and I will be working on that.. And also well...you more than likely arent going to see any version of Al's good charms in the mirror...as i've been told Dhampir's like vampires..dont have mirror reflections.. So his code..will not present reflections..unless otherwise told he would.

Well guys i hope you enjoy the eye candy for now..We are busy continously making progress on the source engine!! 8) 8) 8)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:40:39 PM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: April 04, 2014, 01:37:44 AM »
The more and more i see about this project, the more i get anxious to try it out. Keep up the good work.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2014, 07:07:39 AM »
+1
The more and more i see about this project, the more i get anxious to try it out. Keep up the good work.

thanks Dark Nemesis, we are working hard at this. I must say, I'm very happy about the results we are getting. been a long haul. we getting there though. ;-)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »
+1
I liked the 3D attept for the stage 1 chapel. The only recommendation I would put fourth is that keep it all black so only the stained glass windows are the only thing showing. It would still be 3D but it would also remain true to the original CV3.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »
+1
I liked the 3D attept for the stage 1 chapel. The only recommendation I would put fourth is that keep it all black so only the stained glass windows are the only thing showing. It would still be 3D but it would also remain true to the original CV3.

its so wild that you suggested that X, I was thinking that last night. i most certainly would have to agree with you. great suggestion. ill run that by Las and retro.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2014, 04:14:24 PM »
That's cool Dark Nemisis..as i'm sure we wont dissapoint. Glad you are liking it! Also to reiko and X..yeah i had thought of that..and when i originally messed around with the primtives..i tried literally the scene from 3d chapel sotn..cause it has a very greyish/black style to it.. It was alright..i mean..it left alot to be be needed. Most areas seemed randomly black.. It is because the room is so hugh.. I'd like to say going all black for the walls would work..but i can't say it didnt leave a void.. I modeled it so far after Reims Cathedral in Notre Dame..which i believe is in France.. I think it has one of the best interiors of all the cathedrals i've seen. And i have a primtive model of it aswell.. I may dabble with the black interiror agian..but i'm not sure as though i'll go with it.. If i can darken it maybe..or something. You would se what i mean..by alot of blank areas that are just black.. I'll just have to fiddle around with it i suppose.. If i keep it as is.i have litterally the top, and back to the reims cathedral. It is the floor that worries me.. cause of pews..how wil i deal with them and the alter. I wll probal put a grand cross on the back wall.. Whatver i do.i wil make sure it looks like cathedral..instead of 5 of the same sides of windows..like you see. it was only meant to show for demonstrations thus far..If anythig i was going to say..i liked the windows on the left and right side.. they work exaclty how i thought they would..the rest remains to be scene till the code is altered correctly..

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »
+1
Yeah I can dig the side windows. now we need to fix the floor to resemble sotn with the pews and isle way. the crucifix would work fine in the bg as well. Its great progress so far. I remember conversing with jorge about having 3d primitives. he thought it was cool that we were doing real 3d. we got this lol.  ;D

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2014, 08:42:11 PM »
 ;) Yeah..we are working on that..though we got some nice ideas... I will ad some sounds to the bell at the top too..I just wish i could make the code so it only sounds when you are close..but that is not easy to code.. Either way it should be neat when done.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2014, 10:05:51 PM »
Yeah you don't have to go all black for the chapel, but definitely make it dark so that the windows bring fourth that amazing contrast. That's essentially what CV3 did back in the day and it worked well for what they had to work with.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »
It is very possible that is exactl what i'll do..it will at to any type of Gothic feel.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »
Yeah I like the idea of darkening the walls so the stain glass can show its better qualities. the main hall level is in the process of getting some things done to it. nothing to drastic but ot definately will look better even though its damn near flawless. thanks to my man Las. all the bosses but 2 are coded. soon to be all but one. we are getting there .
Oh yeah we will start the process of balancing the damage recieved by the bosses and enemies. And. customdeath animations with the some new intrps for them. some have already been incorporated.
adding in new fx as well, just to spice things up a bit. stay tuned for more updates guys.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:30:26 AM by reiko26 »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:09 PM »
I felt it worthwhile to show some of the possible scenario's we may be using as the game progresses. Basically the handshakes and the endings. Though some scenario's may not actually play out like this in game..we have alot to choose from. Including the updated CV3 Classic al handshake and ending scene. We thought it important to talk about the ending we would use. And though it was discussed to possibly do a  completely custom ending...we'd really have to find the right scenario that is fitting for it. Though their are various potential endings..can't say as though we didnt all mention Dos as one... It certianly stands out none the less..If used..and it maybe..it may see and edit..perhaps..more water..not sure yet.. But i figured i'd leave you with the possibilties of what might be...

cv3 al-trevor Handshake:

Classic Al -Trevor Handshake:

Grant-Trevor Handshake:

Cv3 Sypha-Trevor Handshake

Sotn Sypha-Trevor Handshake:

SOTN Alucard Trevor Handshake:

DoS ending:

Trevor+Sypha Ending:

Trevor+Grant Ending:

Trevor+Alucard Ending:

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2014, 09:31:52 PM »
+1
Trevor + Sypha. Virgim Hovering Hand ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2014, 12:06:13 AM »
Nice animations! However I feel that Trevor's handshakes still need some work to smooth them out a bit. His shoulder guards are moving way too much as if they are a part of the arm rather then part of his leather chest-plate armor. His shoulder guards should be more stationary with little movement. It would be a good idea to use some ques from the NES CV III to help you with the handshakes too if you haven't already done so  :)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2014, 12:46:19 AM »
Very nice sprites, but yeah, Trevor really does have a case of hoverhand with Sypha there. XD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags:

anything