Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 189009 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »
Yeah this is just a minor tweak to drac's keep. I do plan on darkening up some stages, and even quite possibly redoing some all together namly the moat bridge, inner halls and tower stage. One main reason is room sizes. I may expand Drac's keep size and Main hall. But i like the overall design. Yeah i agree some darkening would help. I especially need better colors on the first room and the blue blocks. It will eventually get more elaborate and detailed though. Same with  main hall. I may rehash room 2 and 3.  Also i must complete the Courtyard room7. Keep in mind Clocktower is still a wip. Just the boss is complete though.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2013, 11:10:41 PM »
Super Castlevania 3-Alucard's Caverns Canon(WIP)

Heres' the latest tid bit i got. Though not complete, i felt things were far enough along where i could show progress.

-still need to tweak platforms,instance code for them(minor things to go back over).
-plan too add in spikes in room 3
-possibly add in more skulls and crossbones imbeded within rocks
-still need to add acid blocks in.
-attempting to make Spainish Armada feel in the room below alucard(water may be fast).Idea i got from Goonies. Too dark and it doesn't look accurate,too light and it doesnt' make sense up front. Still searching for happy medium especially with waterfall and speed.
-sorry bout crappy vid quality codec seems busted.
-may in time add in more catacomb areas to some rooms.
-borrowed Obreck's cross alter and alucard's coffin(was a very nice fit!!). But left off the top of casket cause it will probably be made to open so that the bats come out. Makes more sense imho.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:12:14 PM by Las »

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »
It looks promising, things I noted: The area seems rather empty and bright, adding more variation/decoration and placing more enemies could help a long way with this.
Light has an important role here in my opinion, I think the atmosphere here would greatly improve by darkening the front most layer, in effect this would create a better contrast with the background and give more of a cave feel. Am interested in how this will develop.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »
Yeah i agree. Though i did tone down most of each backgrounds and main cave by -76 contrast/brightness in the gimp. But yeah i know what you mean cave levels= dark,dank and creepy. I may go back and add some cob webs, spiders perhaps. Things signifying caves. I'll try and tone it even more, though the video's seem to come out slightly brighter than the actual game.  As for empty i may be missing one or 2 enemies, i haven't seen in a video gameplay yet. It seems most people skip area 1 and drop right down.

Yeah wondering too if theirs anyone out their that has a map of all the candles and what they are. If not i will eventually have to go through,play the game, and figure them out. I think the japanese,european, and american versions are differnt with candles though.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
+1
Yeah i agree. Though i did tone down most of each backgrounds and main cave by -76 contrast/brightness in the gimp. But yeah i know what you mean cave levels= dark,dank and creepy. I may go back and add some cob webs, spiders perhaps. Things signifying caves. I'll try and tone it even more, though the video's seem to come out slightly brighter than the actual game.  As for empty i may be missing one or 2 enemies, i haven't seen in a video gameplay yet. It seems most people skip area 1 and drop right down.

Yeah wondering too if theirs anyone out their that has a map of all the candles and what they are. If not i will eventually have to go through,play the game, and figure them out. I think the japanese,european, and american versions are differnt with candles though.
vgmaps.com

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »
hey thanks! Darkman. That will help tremendously. In some cases i've put basic candles,but now i can change them all correctly. Awesome job man!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »
hey thanks! Darkman. That will help tremendously. In some cases i've put basic candles,but now i can change them all correctly. Awesome job man!
No prob Las! Always happy to help! I think it's awsome that you are making so many strides in your fan-game.Can't wait to see the final product!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2013, 10:34:02 PM »
Yeah thanks man. I just started going over atlantis and adding reflective water. It's nice but causes major slowdowns for some reason. I also going to probably add the atlantis bg from drac x, while it moves with flowing water. Nifty idea. Just hope it doesn't cause slow downs too. I've looked alot at reflective water examples and many just don't seem quite right. It may be hit or miss. Just came up with a crazy idea on Alucard's cave. I'll leave that for viewing purposes.....

I have to thank you for vgmaps man. That site is really awesome and never heard of it till now. My only hopes are that the guy who ripped stages1-3 can rip the rest for all the candles. Most levels are missing in CV3. Sadly.

Btw i i really like that last level you build in your vampire protector's game. It kinda looked desert like. That is a very neat level design!  It was eye catching!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2013, 07:18:46 PM »
+1
 :) Well just a bit more progress on Castle Courtyard. Nearing completion with this one. I questioned wether to show it. But the addition of the walling and other various oddities seemed alluring. So i have another Wip update on the Castle Courtyard.Also i stretched the last room for a reason. Gotta still work on tweaking transitioning. Here it is:
Super Castlevania 3 (Castle Courtyard Wip3+ Olrox Room)

I was going to post an update to the moat bridge. However,while the orphic vipers are in place, THe room for them is too big and they need adjusting. So i will talk to LC about it before posting. I wanna show them,but i'd rather they look up to par then way out of water.

Next up after Tweaking moat bridge, will be revamping ghost ship. Already have moving sails for all parts of the ships,LC is coding in, guided by wind. A repallette has already been done, and plans to put the back of the ship more of a starboard feel(where captain steers ship). I'm llooking more for a black pearl approach. I'ts a muddy color at the moment however. The medusa room needs heavy revamping aswell. My first attempt rather stunk. 

Though it's not enought for an update either, i got crafty with al's cavern. Seems the coolest/biggest spider web ever for Cv games came from haunted castle. All i have to say is it host spiders quite nicely! lol. ok enjoy! 8) 8)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:23:37 PM by Las »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »
Monster Trio Set 1(2 akmodon's,cyclops,pazuza levanthian beast)coded by LC
Super Castlevania 3 Fan game Project - Monster trio set1

Orphic Vipers test demo coded by LC in debug engine(also ignore the trio at the begining)
! Private video

Ok these are coded in the main engine aswell but may need some tweaks. Still they are ready to go, and with one button press i can destroy them. Trevor is only in as a placeholder in the debug engine so the bosses know to attack. Castle bridge is revamped and soon i will show a vid on that when i get to it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:25:06 PM by Las »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2013, 08:46:39 AM »
Monster Trio Set 1(2 akmodon's,cyclops,pazuza levanthian beast)coded by LC
Super Castlevania 3 Fan game Project - Monster trio set1

Orphic Vipers test demo coded by LC in debug engine(also ignore the trio at the begining)
! Private video

Ok these are coded in the main engine aswell but may need some tweaks. Still they are ready to go, and with one button press i can destroy them. Trevor is only in as a placeholder in the debug engine so the bosses know to attack. Castle bridge is revamped and soon i will show a vid on that when i get to it.

Can't see the Private Vid... :'(

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2013, 12:38:40 PM »
Yeah it's pissing me off. I can't make the video public. It won't change it. Somehow recently Youtube seems screwy. It won't let me uplaod it again either it says can't upload duplicate. Obviously some changes are being made their. It kinda stinks cause i wanted to show you guys. Maybe i'll upload the castle bridge as it's basically done. I did have the orphic vipers in for a split second anyways. Though when all is said and doen they won't be where they are.

update: Here is  orphic vipers preview. I'll have to check to see if the monster trio is working. Also this will only be up for a little while.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tydjtjcauf2z3oh/SCV3%20Orphic%20Vipers%20preview.mp4

Also anyone know how to make it show up rather than just the link. Like [youtube/] insert link[youtube]. Except i'm not using youtube. So would it be [video] or something?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:47:18 PM by Las »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2013, 04:17:11 PM »
Yeah it's pissing me off. I can't make the video public. It won't change it. Somehow recently Youtube seems screwy. It won't let me uplaod it again either it says can't upload duplicate. Obviously some changes are being made their. It kinda stinks cause i wanted to show you guys. Maybe i'll upload the castle bridge as it's basically done. I did have the orphic vipers in for a split second anyways. Though when all is said and doen they won't be where they are.

update: Here is  orphic vipers preview. I'll have to check to see if the monster trio is working. Also this will only be up for a little while.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tydjtjcauf2z3oh/SCV3%20Orphic%20Vipers%20preview.mp4

Also anyone know how to make it show up rather than just the link. Like [youtube/] insert link[youtube]. Except i'm not using youtube. So would it be [video] or something?
You probably have to delete the original and reupload it. Alternatively you can try Tinypic.com and upload a video. May take a second but then you'll be provided with a link you can use for the forum.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
ok i thought tinypic was only images. But good to know. I may sign up. At least for now hopefully dropbox will show the vid. At some point if youtube isnt' working properly(i think my account was hacked), that i may switch to that. Well ok thanks darkmanx_429!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2013, 10:42:10 AM »
ok i thought tinypic was only images. But good to know. I may sign up. At least for now hopefully dropbox will show the vid. At some point if youtube isnt' working properly(i think my account was hacked), that i may switch to that. Well ok thanks darkmanx_429!

Cool Vid for the Orphic Vipers. My only suggestion is that I know that you are staying to the original source material with them going up and down from the water, but to me it looks a little static. Maybe you should sprite a longer neck for them and make them move in more snake like movement. Something more erractic  and less predictable. By, the way you don't have to sign up to upload stuff.

Tags: