Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 189011 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »
Yeah that's cool. I may decide to pull a few statues out of drack's keep. The main hall i did have some i meant to pull out but not many. If anything i felt i needed perhaps mirrors,statues and ornaments. THe areas of red border i was considering making mirriors aswell. As for swinging chandeliers that's not a bad idea and i did think of that from SCV4 but i dunno. Maybe the main hall more so. Now falling chandeliers maybe kinda neat with ghosts disguised in some armors. that's an idea i've had on the back burner. Yeah that alucard is specifically designed for cv3 style gameplay(not like the other skins that are sotn style alucard). I was considering swapping the code for classic code. But either way that will need to wait til i get a better grasp on code.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
Back with an update.

Inner Halls update(still wip)I'm still reworking things!
Castle Inner Halls(WIP)

Room1 will see more tweaking along with some tiles still. Plus i'm going back to re-enhance the waterfall room. Overall it's more of what i was hoping i'd come up with the first time around.

Clocktower update
Super Castlevania 3 Project-Clocktower Stage Up

OVerall this levels is very complete. I just need to add in the breakwalls for heartage,1up, and doubleshot. Yeah this is for the up version only. I'll have to find a way to make the player come from the top down with the moving down view LC coded. At that point it outta be interesting so while you tread downward...not to fall or jump to early or death will insue!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
Its ever good to hear about you and this project, nice to see you working hard on it. :)

4:23
This doesnt look right. The whip isnt even touched this medusa head.

Now about the stages, they are beautiful, I think I dont even know how to improve then even more.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2013, 09:17:27 PM »
hey thanks Legalex! Yeah i've been at this stage for almost 3 weeks alone. I've been rather nit picky about it and i felt i had too. My last two attempts at the clocktower really weren't what i wanted or expected. But yeah i have to say imho i think this level is more of what i'd like to get out of the levels at this point. As for medusa's?....ah......well camstudio is acting up on me again. For some reason i think too many moving objects in a room cause the video footage to blur. Clearly that happened here. I mean the whip actually has to hit the medusa heads for them to explode into snakes.

As for inner halls well i'm not exactly done yet. Since the vid here, i've turned the waterfall room more into rocks like those of symphony of the night beggining...you know the room were the fishman and bats reside. I think it's more realistic looking for that. I'm thinking of adding some tributary like streams from the rocks. I at least think that's what was being portrayed in nes version.

But yeah either way glad you like it. I'm thinking level 1 needs a major revamp. :-\ Got some ideas flowing. Hopefully i'll brainstorm somehting nice soon!  ;D ;D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »
Good to hear that, also I think using these rocks can be a good idea too :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2013, 09:00:28 PM »
Yeah it does look like the sotn rock area works well actually. I'll stick with it!

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2013, 11:05:10 AM »
Ah, this is the best piece of CV news I've seen in a long time. For too long, I'd believed SCIII to be dead... I'm so glad I found this thread.

It's incredible how many CV decors you've fit in there -- the outer walls from CoTM, the pillars from AoS, the waterfalls from HoD (if I'm not mistaken).
So by all means, keep up the effort. Your nitpicking is certainly needed here. And, above all, keep us updated!
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »
Good job Las! Did you see the new updated Ghost Ship 1-2 on my thread?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »
Hey thanks guys! I totally appreciate it! I hammered the hell out of this level. And yeah though i feel it's near complete. I do have to add a couple things. But yeah about the nit pickyness. I certainly wanna keep that a part of my repetoire. I'm through level 1 and doing the same. Overall i feel the village, all 3 caves, and the tower need the most enhancements atm.  I feel pretty good on a number of levels. I do,however,feel the need to get the levels tip-top shape.  Afterwards, i plan to sit down and firstly learn 3d primitives and how they work. I'm planning to reshape some levels and enhance them. I'm not sure how to go about it for level 1 but i really wanna add a mill to the medusa room and somewhere add in a windmill which makes perfect sense for it. My big focus is on that room3 chapel room. If i can at some point make a 3d room like that of sotn but totally original. I'd be physced big time! I know what i wanna do with it too. But i have to be able to sit down with it. Yeah i'll add more vids and updates when i have them. Till then....enjoy! 8)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
Hey thanks guys! I totally appreciate it! I hammered the hell out of this level. And yeah though i feel it's near complete. I do have to add a couple things. But yeah about the nit pickyness. I certainly wanna keep that a part of my repetoire. I'm through level 1 and doing the same. Overall i feel the village, all 3 caves, and the tower need the most enhancements atm.  I feel pretty good on a number of levels. I do,however,feel the need to get the levels tip-top shape.  Afterwards, i plan to sit down and firstly learn 3d primitives and how they work. I'm planning to reshape some levels and enhance them. I'm not sure how to go about it for level 1 but i really wanna add a mill to the medusa room and somewhere add in a windmill which makes perfect sense for it. My big focus is on that room3 chapel room. If i can at some point make a 3d room like that of sotn but totally original. I'd be physced big time! I know what i wanna do with it too. But i have to be able to sit down with it. Yeah i'll add more vids and updates when i have them. Till then....enjoy! 8)
That's really awesome man! Lately, there has been a influx of people on the thread that have taken the reigns of their own projects when other people may have flaked out on them or quit prematurely, it's quite good to see! I feel like with my project, and the other ones on the thread there is a new generation of quality Cv fan-games coming out!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2013, 08:08:33 PM »
@darkman_429 i apologize for missing your earlier posts. I did get a chance to see the ghosthip. I thought it was updated. The one with the smashing water. It looked awesome!  You know i was thinking when he switches guns maybe it can have a pump shotgun sounds at least a differnt clip sound for each gun perhaps. That'd be pretty neat! And yeah i agree theirs alot of neat projects going on in the forum!

As for progress over here. I have a new update on warikiya village. I got tired of orange blocks, which seemed somewhat out of date imho. So with that i retweaked the level and gave it two possible element forms. Rain and lightning, or moon and clouds. I'm still trying to decide on which is best. Still not sure if i'll add more. I wanted to add a stable,hay,some boxes, and a horse eating hay. I would have to sprite that up though. I hadn't gotten to that yet. Also i think when i can finally learn 3 primitives i will redo the chapel room similar to sotn chapel(not the same though) and make some town houses primitives as well. But yeah,anyways here we are:

Warikya Village WIP revamp with moon and clouds
Super Castlevania 3-Fan game ProjectWarikiya Village Revamp (WIPNo Rain Version)

Warikya Village WIP revamp with rain,lightning effect
Super Castlevania 3-Fan Game Project Warikiya Village Revamp( WIPRain Version)

Enjoy!  ;)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2013, 01:57:45 AM »
FYI it's supposed to be Warakiya, which in turn is supposed to be Wallachia. :x
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2013, 07:57:29 AM »
Right....warakiya....my bad. Either way what did you think?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2013, 08:30:19 AM »
Personally I prefer the first one. The flashes in the second one are pretty distracting.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »
Everything looks awesome. But I agree that the flashes are a little bit too much, even though they look fabulous.

But even still, great job man!
The worst monsters are human.

Tags: