Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 189015 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2014, 01:57:31 PM »
We all friends here :D *hugs erryone*

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2014, 09:56:26 PM »
Aye aye! ;D  It's all good then. To dracula's curse success, 24 years later!

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2014, 11:44:28 PM »
+1
 ;D yes, its all good in the neiborhood lol. we doing things up for this game. one thing thst i will say about Scv3 is that we changed only minor things. one being the repetition of the boss trio battles. instead of fighting the same monsters. again, we added othet. bosses in ther place. a great selection that we know you fand will enjoy. we just felt thst it was just too bloody boring fighting the same things over again. while still retaining the same. gameplay. and not steering away from the canon feel. whst we didn't want was another remixed vania
game. plus some bosses have a custom first time seen intro which will add to and make it that more interesting for you all. Las and I will keep you guys informed with updates and info. My man jop when he has time and gets the update, will post new vids. stay tuned and thanks again for your support it means a lot and it also keepd us motivated to give you guys the game you so deserve to play and have waited for, for aeons.

Offline olrox2

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2014, 08:46:09 AM »
+1
Since i just found out this fan game existed, is it a kind of improved version of Super Castlevania by fans?

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2014, 12:06:42 PM »
+1
Since i just found out this fan game existed, is it a kind of improved version of Super Castlevania by fans?

@olrox2 yes it is revamped and improved 10 fold since then. same project, different look with better mechanics. new edits and custom sprites. you'll see. just stay tuned pal.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2014, 04:15:42 PM »
Yeah were working hard at the project. Thiers still alot of kinks to work out in the levels..and alot of adding/rehasing stuff. When a level is working 100 percent and looks awesome that's when you know you got it. Still areas to be making improvements on... alot of neat concepts will be added..we didnt originaly think possible when we first started..So yeah..stay tuned..i'll keep people posted when there is more updated news to bring..

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2014, 09:22:10 AM »
Hopefully this weekend i can Have one of the guys upload a few videos. of course with sound this time lol. there has been a lot of work going into this game. The level details imho are astonishing and well pollished. still workimg on the damage ratio though. but that's sn easy fix to figure out the distribution.  Las and i were in discussion last night about previous ideas we had, and now they are incorporated in the game. There is some stuff in this game never before seen and then you get to see things in certain levels that remind you of pther cv titles as far as the feel and what you msy see or "Who" you may see lurking in the back ground of levels. so I think its fair to say that we have easter eggs in this game. you just have to look for them.  Good stuff lol. I'm so excited that i almost want to tell qhat and who they are but ill not spoil anything for you all. you'll see.

thanx fir the love and support.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »
Don't spoil your surprises! The thing I want to see of this SCV3 more than anything is one or two good videos of the game play that actually represent what the game will play like. I wouldn't bother posting these slow downed videos of the game. They are frustrating to watch.

I love what you guys are doing here. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to playing your SCV3 remake.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2014, 04:03:40 PM »
Most definitely, ill make sure the next vid does represent what the game play is about. Also we will strive hard to get you all a quality that isn't slowed. it isn't jops fault though. If anyone is interested in making videos for us, please contact Las and let him know your interested in doing vids for us. also if anyone wants tp help out in the spritw department, Just message me or Las. we don't really need much sprited up being that we have about all of the enemies and bosses coded or are in the process of being coded. doppleganger is the pne we saved to do last sinve its complicated more than the other bosses.

stay tuned guys. if you have any questions feel free to ask.  Ill do my best tp answer your questions in a timely fashion.

thanx Reiko26

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »
Spriting the Doppelganger shouldn't be to big an issue since it uses the main characters' forms, just with different coloration. But I guess getting it to function in-game would be the challenge.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2014, 06:50:24 PM »
Yeah, with the exception of the stairs movement.s. the players could range in many differnt moves..depending on what we add..from backflips..to slides..to sub weapons..plus they'll swithc to whoever your using..this is one giant task..no doubt..But yeah.. i cant' see more than the basic skins being doppleganged...it could just get ridiculous if you start adding in clones of differnt skins..i mean..their has to be limit..ya know..the 4 main skins..that would suffice..

Offline Eärendil

• ♪♫ Bucketbot ♪♫
  • Hunter in Training
  • Aiya Eärendil elenion ancalima!
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2014, 04:18:27 PM »
Really looking forward to this being finished. I know it's a fan project but I'm excited to play it. To me, this is the best looking fan project going right now.
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »
Quote from: Eärendil link=topic=5221.msg ;D158440#msg158440 date=1394493507
Really looking forward to this being finished. I know it's a fan project but I'm excited to play it. To me, this is the best looking fan project going right now.

thanks Eärendil , i really appreciate your mad props about our game. we are striving hard to give you fan the best possible rendition of cv3 remake. a lot of blood sweat and tears have gone into this game. there is definately a lot of motivation and passion poured into this project. stay tuned for new vids and updates on our progress.

thanx for your support Eärendil.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:11:46 PM by reiko26 »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »
Yeah thanks for your support aswell Eärendil! We appreciate it! Countless hrs have gone into this game..seems every day or damn near that some progress is being made. Yeah we are doing out best to show more updates when we have them..so be sure to check on here from time to time.

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2014, 01:16:42 PM »
Good to see that you are still making progress Las. i Hope you continue with your great work ^^

Tags:

anything