Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Help! Error with game maker source SCV3 file!  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Help! Error with game maker source SCV3 file!
« on: September 12, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
Hey guys. Sorry to bother any and all game maker users and i know this is not yoyo forums, But if anyone here knows about this error i keep getting when i try and run the SCV3 source code please help!!!!:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game Start
for object MrD:

Error defining an external function.

or

ERROR in
action number 2
of Create Event
for object sxms:

Error defining an external function.

Here is primarily where the code points to in Mr.D's gamestart:

//////////////////////
//GMFModSimple - Initialization
LoadFMOD();
FMODinit(1);
alarm[0] = 2
//////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Create the SXMS engine and have internal error checking enabled
//Make sure you have a "dummy" object called sxms before calling this
sxms_create(working_directory+"\SXMS-3.dll",1);
//Initialize the sxwamp functions
sxwamp_init();

sxwamp_output_load("sxwamp plugins/out_ds.dll")
sxwamp_input_load("sxwamp plugins/in_vio2sf.dll")
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The create event for obj_smxs is just a dummy(there's really no code) Just have an event code:

//This is a dummy object required for the SXMS-3.dll to function

I really am rather stuck at this point in the engine unless i figure out what the issue is. I
tried at one point using the snidr's w3d fake 3d scripts and objects but i took out all the
scripts and objects i though coudl be causing the problem. Also i asked Hello 5 and he said i coudl try using his autoscroller code, but i may pull that too to see if it causes a conflict. I
am pretty sure the scv3 music .ini has everything in it it needs to run. I dont' think i
accidently deleted any code their or anywhere else. I'm just rather confused.I thought it could be a list of things:

1. corrupt gmk file( i did have a virus but restore my pc and everything ran fine for couple
months later then i added those 3d scripts and the error started happening)
2. corrupt dll's. I literally downloaded all the swamp plugins and .dlls in the folder that were
in the old demo. They appear to all be exactly the same. But this didn't work!
3. excessive code conflicting with the plugins loading. If it is i have no clue what the hell would be causing it
4. I did a bit of research and though the old scv3 build 2a works perfectly fine. I read somewhere that the smxs method is a bit outdated and is for game maker 6 and 7. there is a newer version oberck didn't use called smxs3.dll but i don't know if that work and i can't find a download online for it anywhere.
5. Take out unused things i'm not useing at the moment but had planned to use like large numbered sprite animations(like lava that has 154 sprites)
6. Maybe at this point run some stuff externally like backgrounds or sprites???? I dont see why at this point the source is only 34mb.
7. I'm cursed, or maybe worse i have dracula's curse.lol!

Also to anyone reading this i have tried on multiple post including a post i made of my own on yoyo forums. Absolutely no one has responded back to me and that was well over a month ago. Myself and one other FGF member are testing it out to see what the problem is but we are both a bit baffeled and have attempted numberous things. If anyone has dealth with this error(and i think it is a bit common at least from what i'm reading) please let me know. It's ironic how alot of people on yoyo forums have this problem yet when i read for a solution i have yet to find someone who has absolutely traced the source of the problem. They shut off windows media player or another program and it works but randomly just like it happens to this project. I use vista as well,but i'm not convinced it is the problem as a number of programs have issues on xp and 7 aswell. To be honest i'm a bit blind sided by this. Sorry for the long post,but if anyone can help  i'd greatly appreciate any possible info that may help me detect soemthing i'd missed. Keep in mind too that i am a begginer level coder and dont know too much. Thanks if anyone can help me fix this problem!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Help! Error with game maker source SCV3 file!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »
I dont know anything about FMOD or GM, but you tried to disable sounds or music? Since you tried all graphical things, give a try in the sound part too. The other time that you said almost the same thing I wanted to say you that, but since Im ignorant about that I thought that someone with a better and proper idea would appear to help you.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »
 I suppose i could try that, to see if the game runs fine without it everytime. At least if it were the issue i would now have isolated it. But i then it will be a matter of trying another sound system so that we'd get bgm's back in game. I dunno much on scripts for that. I just primarily at this time know how the scv3.ini works.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
Let we know if this works or not, because this way someone with more knowledge can appear to help :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:38:43 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »
I haven't used whatever DLL or extension you're using, but one thing I noticed:

It said to make an object called sxms. You then went on to say you have an object called obj_sxms, but sxms and obj_sxms are not syntactically the same thing. Try renaming obj_sxms to sxms.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
Ah...i think it is for the plugin not it as an obj_smxs. The smxs is a dll library file. I think it needs to call on it, but at the same time the object is just called"smxs" not "obj_smxs" so that the smxs.dll can recongized when it is being called on. I"m not certain if,however, obreck needed to name the object smxs.dll. That may be the reason. I'll give that a try. I get the feeling it was made for game maker 6 and 7 and he got away for a while with using it for game maker 8 pro. THough for some reason there is an issue. Maybe it wasn't meant to handle that.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »
Hey buddy, did it worked for you?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: