Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Wii U  (Read 7757 times)

Offline Hayoam

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »
You've heard how Castlevania los 2 ( Wii U version ) will have some connectivity with Mirror of Fate on the 3DS

Well there won't anything like that Because David Cox confirmed that there is no hope for los2 to be released on the Wii U.

:-X
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:07:45 AM by Hayoam »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:30:02 AM »
That's a stupid move unless there is some technical reason why it's not viable. However, from what I've seen I would find this hard to believe.
"Stuff and things."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:48:34 AM »
When LoS is finally over, I DO hope who ever steps up and takes the reins will consider Wii U as one of the platforms to continue the series on(not only, but alongside PS3 and 360, if for the time being).

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:10:20 AM »
You know why there's no WiiU port?

Number of PCs>>>>Number of WiiUs.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:14:02 AM »
You could use the same argument not to develop for PS3 and 360.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 10:12:25 AM »
That's a stupid move unless there is some technical reason why it's not viable. However, from what I've seen I would find this hard to believe.

Not entirely so. There have already been some developer ports that the WiiU has a few weak spots in it's power (mainly the processor) that make the porting of some games from the 360 and PS3 very hard without decreasing the features. If it isn't worth their hassle, (ie the cost of redoing portions to fit the WiiU's needs) they won't bother with it.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 01:33:30 PM »
You could use the same argument not to develop for PS3 and 360.
Except the PS3/X360 are old consoles = Lots of people may hve them. The WiiU is still very young = only a few people bought it (at some extend).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
wii u has a shitty controller. seriously. i wouldnt want to play something like los on that thing. the gameplay isnt meant for a wiimote either
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »
What are you talking about? The controller's pretty awesome.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 03:22:01 PM »
to you maybe. i hate it. far too big for my taste. and im not impressed by the screen gimmick
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »
**is posting this reply using the Wii-U**
LOL It's not like it's heavy or bulky.  If it were hefty I could understand... but it's not.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
I personally won't get a Wii U until some of the reported issues with the release models have been worked out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »
**is posting this reply using the Wii-U**
LOL It's not like it's heavy or bulky.  If it were hefty I could understand... but it's not.
I was actually surprised how light the Wii U controller is. My tablet's heavier than the Wii U controller. Hell, my PC keyboard is heavier. I don't know, it was just really surprised in general that I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around that. LOL! ;D

Offline Hypocrates

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »
Not entirely so. There have already been some developer ports that the WiiU has a few weak spots in it's power (mainly the processor) that make the porting of some games from the 360 and PS3 very hard without decreasing the features. If it isn't worth their hassle, (ie the cost of redoing portions to fit the WiiU's needs) they won't bother with it.

It's probably this.  Based on what I've read about it, the Wii-U has a great GPU compared to the 360 and PS3, but the CPU is lacking in comparison.  The amount of optimization they'd have to do to make it work on the Wii-U, although possible, probably doesn't seem warranted, especially given the small install base it has currently.  They'd probably spend more money making it run comparably to how it will on 360/PS3/PC than they would off of sales on the system.

If a game were made from the ground up for the Wii-U it might be able to outperform the 360 and PS3, but the architecture Nintendo decided on isn't good for straight ports.

Or so I've heard, anyway.  I'm no expert, so take what I've said with a grain of salt.

Offline JoshuaKadmon

• Hunter in Training
  • Castlevania Collector since 1987
    • Joshua's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »
It's purely speculation, but I'd put money on Castlevania: The Arcade being ported to Wii U in the near future, considering its whip-centered play mechanics.  That could be the one and only reason I decide to buy a Wii U...
Sign to support the Castlevania Anthologies petition:

www.change.org/petitions/castlevania-anthologies

Tags: Wii castlevania los2 

anything