Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Dead Space" franchise dead in the water as EA shutters Visceral Montreal  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.402639-Update-Rumor-Poor-Sales-May-Have-Killed-Dead-Space?page=1

This is another example of the rejection of the very concept of mid-level series like Castlevania by major publishers. At least in EA's eyes you're either an Indie game, a billion selling AAA blockbuster or you're a hoarded old IP. Let's hope this particularly stupid groupthink doesn't last much longer or catch on further in the industry. But one has to wonder how long it's going to be until EA's terrible marketing and business decisions finally catch up to them instead of subsidiaries who were just doing what they were ordered to. A long time I fear.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:41:54 PM by Ratty »

Offline Cursed Joe

• Hunter in Training
    • CastlevaniaOwnz
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Not surprising to me at all. It seems like EA's getting greedier and greedier every year. The final nail in the coffin should be EA's new-ish approach on making gamers register their games thus eliminating the sell and use of used games. I haven't seen this first hand but I've heard about it, and to me that's just asking for trouble.
If you ever get real bored check out my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CastlevaniaOwnz and add me, I promise to add you back

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I thought Dead Space was a hit? Wasn't 3 a big blockbuster? Or supposed to be.

Also, EA is everything wrong with the gaming industrt today.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mathias_The_Resolute

• The Collector of old Castlevanias
  • Hunter in Training
  • Old school Castlevania fan,
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Not surprising to me at all. It seems like EA's getting greedier and greedier every year. The final nail in the coffin should be EA's new-ish approach on making gamers register their games thus eliminating the sell and use of used games. I haven't seen this first hand but I've heard about it, and to me that's just asking for trouble.
heh, I never liked EA's games but the only game franchise that gain my attention was the Medal of Honor franchise. LMAO if that ever happens by registering an account (Or use money to buy things like those crappy apple and android "Free" apps that milk people's money) to play a game then EA will go bankrupt and it would be a financial failure, it would also spark outrage.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:45:02 PM by Mathias_The_Resolute »
What is a man?! a miserable little pile of secrets! but enough talk! HAVE AT YOU BELMONT!

Tags: