Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metroid by MercurySteam?  (Read 8539 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« on: March 10, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »
If this comes true, I will think about Metroid: Other M and cry.
I won't say anything else, but I just saw this and wanted to share my pain.

http://areajugones.es/2013/03/mercury-steam-esta-pensando-en-una-entrega-de-metroid-para-3ds/
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 07:44:45 PM »
+1
They simply will receive a great and flat no, its obvious. Team Ninja did a great job with Other M gameplay so if they call someone, it will be them.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:47:03 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:44:57 PM »
+2
Welp, I guess Samus' mom will become Mother Brain.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:21:46 PM »
I've been waiting SO MUCH for another Metroid by Team Ninja!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
+1
That can happen, I want a sequel to Metroid Fusion :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »
+1
I liked Lords of Shadow, I wanna get Mirror of Fate once I get my hands on a 3DS and Lords of Shadow 2 is in my top 10 most anticipated games of this year.

But I must say no, Mercurysteam. Metroid has been going some tough times and the last thing it needs is another reboot starring Gabriella Aran who becomes Ridley.  :P

If anything Mercurysteam should prove themselves by developing a new IP, instead of warping around existing franchises or better yet, get the rights to Severance Blade of Darkness and do a sequel to that and get the Dark Souls crowd.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »
Eh, I think it'd be more likely for whoever Samus' mom would be to become Mother Brain if MS ends up doing it. I mean, think of all the punshow the heck is a female human supposed to transform into a male reptiloid alien?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 09:53:01 PM »
Reconstructive surgery. A tranny operation gone horribly wrong!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »
While storytelling can only go up from Other M, I don't see what MercurySteam would bring to the table gameplay-wise that Team Ninja didn't. MercurySteam's version would just be a moodier, prettier, 30 fps version of the exact same game.

They should just bring Retro back. Now that they've made a side-scrolling platformer, Retro should just hop on the Metroid train again and go at it from a 2D angle. I'd be interested to see a take like that.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
Other M was fun to play, and I hope that now that they've finally filled all the space between 2 and Fusion, they finally make a sequel to Fusion itself. I just hope Sakamoto is kept far faaaaar away from the story, however. Other M's story, while good in concept, (I have no problem with the Ridley scene and Adam authorization gimmick- although the Ridley scene might have been a bit TOO dramatic, and the lava run was inexcusable) was kind of badly executed at times. it doesn't help Samus English VA was just plain dreadful.

That said, MS Metroid? Well I'm curious if nothing else.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:30:51 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »
I found the dramatic aspects of Other M really touching, it was one of many things I loved about the game.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 01:24:27 AM »
Come on guys. Isn't obvious? If this happens then Samus gets turned into Mother Brain, but they aren't the same person. :P
"Stuff and things."

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 01:41:57 AM »
Other M was absolutely vile. It would take real effort to make a game worse than it, but I sure wouldn't pick MercurySteam for the task when they're already struggling to wrap their heads around the concept of adapting Castlevania for a contemporary audience. I'd expect something as jarringly dissonant and creatively derivative if that came to pass.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 01:48:00 AM »
What's a nintendo franchise that MS could do?

Hmmm.

Nothing at the moment  ???

Not F-zero that's for sure.

Maybe Ice Climber?
Or how about startropics?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42:55 AM »
+1
What's a nintendo franchise that MS could do?

Hmmm.

Nothing at the moment  ???

Not F-zero that's for sure.

Maybe Ice Climber?
Or how about startropics?

I would pay full dollar to see a MercurySteam Ice Climber

Tags: