Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metroid by MercurySteam?  (Read 8634 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
I wouldn't complain if MercurySteam did a Metroid game. They've earned my faith in them. But I think Retro did a fantastic job with the Prime series and with doing DKC Returns, I think they could do a great job with  a 2.5D Metroid as well.

As or Other M, I enjoyed it. I don't think it's the disaster everyone makes it out to be, but I'd rather keep Retro on Metroid
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »
Retro really knows how to design environments and maps, if they try to do a 2.5D or 3D like in Other M they can be successful.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »
+1
That's like, your opinion dude.

Yes. Yes it is.  :) Good Flame, have a cookie  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 02:52:23 PM »
*nom nom nom* :3
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Metroid by MercurySteam?
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »
They simply will receive a great and flat no, its obvious. Team Ninja did a great job with Other M gameplay so if they call someone, it will be them.
I agree. Other M had great gameplay. From what I've seen, the thing most people have an issue with is the execution of the story. It made Samus too weak emotionally, which flies in the face of what has been established as her being a hardened bounty hunter.

Reconstructive surgery. A tranny operation gone horribly wrong!
Now that made me LMAO!!!! And given what MS did to Castlevania, it wouldn't suprise me if MS did something like this if they got to do a Metriod game. Thankfully, I doubt Team Ninja will let them. Hell, Team Ninja should make another Metriod game soon. They just need to keep Sakamoto away from writing the story.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 08:18:56 PM »
If it were MercurySteam by themselves, I wouldn't really be that interested. But since it's Nintendo, they would likely work first-hand with MS and watch them like a hawk (see Metroid Primes, DKCR, Punch-Out!!!, etc), so that could end up being very interesting.

I imagine Nintendo would sooner hand it to some studio they've worked with a lot already, though. Whatever Nintendo's gotta do, I just want a new 2D one.

Offline Mathias_The_Resolute

• The Collector of old Castlevanias
  • Hunter in Training
  • Old school Castlevania fan,
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 10:25:14 PM »
(My reaction at this thread) http://youtu.be/WWaLxFIVX1s
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:27:49 PM by Mathias_The_Resolute »
What is a man?! a miserable little pile of secrets! but enough talk! HAVE AT YOU BELMONT!

Tags:

anything