Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What if Dracula was a pirate?  (Read 7450 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
Yeah, this is even better: http://listverse.com/2012/12/05/top-10-truly-disturbing-fairy-tales/

But no, I was referring to stuff such as these:

Warning: childhood ruiner. ;)
I have heard those cartoon theories before but the only one that really rings true is Courage the Cowardly Dog as analog for traumatic childhood situations. But that show was incredibly dark so no surprise there. I didn't care for it much as a kid honestly, it was too depressing. Would love to see it again now as an adult. And I want my Angry Beavers DVD set(s) dagnabit.

EDIT:
What this actually exists and nobody told me?
The Angry Beavers: Opening Credits
Fuck yeah ShoutFactory! Complete set coming out at the end of July, so preordered.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Angry-Beavers-Complete-Series/dp/B00C7E3E7S/ref=pd_cp_mov_1/184-4664533-1283649
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:46:44 PM by Ratty »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 08:37:17 PM »
+1
I loooooovvvvved Courage The Cowardly Dog. It was one of the very, very, VERY few shows on Cartoon Network I could stand to watch, let alone watch over and over. Partly because it was so creepy. I was already in college when it came out. Yes, I was an adult and fell in love with Courage. It was one of the shows along with anime that I often cited when arguing to people that cartoons were not meant just for kids. Over the years, Pixar has helped combat that myth as well, thankfully. The Freaky Fred episode instantly ranked at the top of my list of all-time favorite episodes, but I never noticed the possible molestation references. As soon as that narrator mentioned Fred while talking about childhood experiences, the light clicked on for me.  Another episode I loved for its creepiness was Night At The Katz Motel (ranked by some as one of the scariest episodes). And King Ramses' Curse was by far one of the most unsettling episodes even for a grown man. But my all-time favorite episode was one of the last ones I ever saw as well; I even e-mailed John Dilworth about it. It was so beautiful and brought a tear to my eyes every time I watched it --  I know I'm not alone with this sentiment, too. Although, to be honest, the episode might have not been such a tearjerker if not for that episode's specific soundtrack. After saying that, anyone that's seen the episode will probably already know which episode I'm talking about.

Ladies and vampire hunters, I present 'Last of the Starmakers':
Courage the Cowardly Dog - Last Of The Starmakers (Season-4)

And yet another topic derailed. I had to look at the topic title to remember what it was supposed to be about.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
Beautiful episode! And I never noticed while watching the cartoons as a kid that Muriel has such a Scottish accent. Hilarious.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 09:38:16 AM »
And King Ramses' Curse was by far one of the most unsettling episodes even for a grown man.
KIIIING RAAAMSEEEEEES~
THE MAN IN GAUZE!
THE MAN IN GAUZE!
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: Art