Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What if Dracula was a pirate?  (Read 7445 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »
+1
found this while digging around online, and it just seemed to call Castlevania to me
(click to show/hide)
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »
+1
"What is a treasure? A miserable little pile of booty!"

(I would also have accepted "What is a pirate? A miserable little pile of swagger!")

But yeah that's definitely an Ayami Kojima influenced depiction of Captain Hook

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 05:47:32 PM »
found this while digging around online, and it just seemed to call Castlevania to me
(click to show/hide)
That is actually pretty cool.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »
We'd KINDA have Cervantes if Dracula was a pirate.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »
If I'm not mistaken that's good ol' Captain Hook from Peter Pan. But he does kinda look like a younger Dracula.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:20:43 AM »
That's a really hot Dracula! :)

But I still prefer the one dressed like a 19th century nobleman.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 03:39:31 AM »
Interesting. Does anyone know of a dark psychological explanation of Peter Pan? I know that there are people who analyze children's stories and fairy-tales and try to find (or basically, make up) a deeper meaning in them by exploring the dark side of psychological themes in the story. You know, connecting the imaginary world and characters to psychological disorders, exploring themes like childhood tragedies, abuse and so forth, thus creating dark retelling of fairy tales.

Some think it's stupid, but I find it fascinating. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 05:06:22 AM »
There is no need for a darker retelling of fairy tales since some fairy tales have started out as dark before they were tamed by the Grimm brothers and made even more tame by Disney.

Here's a short list of some fairy tales that were originally dark.
http://listverse.com/2009/01/06/9-gruesome-fairy-tale-origins/

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 09:05:20 AM »
+2
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
There is no need for a darker retelling of fairy tales since some fairy tales have started out as dark before they were tamed by the Grimm brothers and made even more tame by Disney.

Here's a short list of some fairy tales that were originally dark.

The darker stuff has always been my interest.

[The version of this tale that most of us are familiar with ends with Riding Hood being saved by the woodsman who kills the wicked wolf. But in fact, the original French version (by Charles Perrault) of the tale was not quite so nice. In this version, the little girl is a well bred young lady who is given false instructions by the wolf when she asks the way to her grandmothers. Foolishly riding hood takes the advice of the wolf and ends up being eaten. And here the story ends. There is no woodsman – no grandmother – just a fat wolf and a dead Red Riding Hood. The moral to this story is to not take advice from strangers.]

This mentioning of Red Riding Hood is accurate to say the least but the author forgot to mention one very important detail; Bestiality. In this story everything that is mentioned above, happens. However Red is coaxed into bed with the Wolf where the two engage in a sexual act. After the courtship happens then does the wolf proceed to eat Her. Kind of a shame really 'cause if I were the wolf I'd have found something else to eat and kept Red as my mate. Especially if she's the 'well-bred young woman' that the above mentions  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 10:23:29 PM »
Well, fairy tales were invented to serve as a warning.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 09:38:32 AM »
well its like ive seen the Disney alice in wonder land, and played American McGee's alice, madness returns, its certainly more believable then the Disney verson
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 12:29:16 PM »
If I had to choose between Disney's Alice, Tim Burton's Alice, the Hallmark movie and the game Madness Returns, I'd choose the game without a doubt. It's suits better to my tastes.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »

Tags: Art