Poll

Vote for the winner!

BMC_War Machine's Dust to Dust (Underground from CV1)
1 (11.1%)
aensland's My dearest (original work)
4 (44.4%)
Chernabogue's Abandon Yourself (original work)
2 (22.2%)
Dracula9's Iniquity's Raiment v2 (original work)
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: March 05, 2017, 12:56:02 AM

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: February 2017 Castlevania Dungeon MUSIC Contest  (Read 17726 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: February 2017 Castlevania Dungeon MUSIC Contest
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2017, 01:23:59 PM »
oh look bloo fudged getting his judging results in I GUESS HE DI'INT LERN FRUM LAST TIEM

yeah this is taking longer than expected, BUT IT'S BEFORE THE 5TH SO IT'S OKAY
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »
Great work guys!

My vote went to Chernabogue this time!

Without going into detail, my reason is that his melody lingered in my memory the longest.

I wish I had more time to write about the songs because they were all great. I might come back here and write about them in a few weeks.

It was a pleasure listening!

The worst monsters are human.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2017, 09:35:15 PM »
Sorry if my criticisms seem harsh. Just keep in mind that none of the songs I heard were bad.

*2nd Place: aensland's My dearest - This one was really hard to tap my foot to. A lot of the sounds kind of blends together, which sounds kinda clustered. I really liked the melody though, and with some volumes / instrument tweaking I think this peice could be even better.

*Chernabogue's Abandon Yourself - Apologies, but this just sounds really generic. The melody isn't very catchy, and the instrumentation isn't anything unique. Not anything bad, but not a song I'd intentionally listen to if it were on a game soundtrack.

*3rd Place: BMC_War Machine's Dust to Dust - This sounds most fitting for an ending/credits roll. The song not starting until about 40 seconds in was a little odd too. The guitar and violin just feel too intense for a menu theme imo.

*1st Place: Dracula9's Iniquity's Raiment - This really reminds me of Final Fantasy VI. The melody was catchy without being too repetitive. The buildup and drop is perfect, and never gets too intense. The backgrounds noises sound a little cluttered in a few places, but keep a good balance throughout most of the peice. The sounds used for percussion are perfect. 10/10, would pause more than often.

Thank you to all who participated! I enjoyed listening to these quite a bit. This one was definitely very close, and was difficult to judge.

*Remember, these aren't the final scores. They still have to be added to the community poll.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:37:20 PM by Bloo »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2017, 01:49:20 AM »
Vote tally
           poll   Bloo   TOTAL
BMC_War Machine 1   1   =2
aensland       4   2   =6
Chernabogue    2   0   =2
Dracula9       2   4   =6

Congratulations to the winners!

First Place: aensland and Dracula9
Third Place: BMC_War Machine and Chernabogue

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »
*2nd Place: aensland's My dearest - This one was really hard to tap my foot to. A lot of the sounds kind of blends together, which sounds kinda clustered. I really liked the melody though, and with some volumes / instrument tweaking I think this peice could be even better.
The clustered sound, yes yes, it must be organ, too wide for its own good

Thank you for your feedback and your judgement.

First Place: aensland and Dracula9
I'm ok with the draw, because D9 can outmeme me really bad if we're doing an untie voting.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2017, 02:17:52 PM »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags: