Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Story Mode Ended)  (Read 92428 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (iOS Beta Test)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 10:51:52 AM »
Also, Simon Belmont looks pretty awesome.

He does, doesn't he. I'm glad they kept his traditional design as that's his CV trademark.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 11:14:17 AM »
I guess being on iOS it can make more money and get to more people. I hate mobile games and their touch control! I hope they make a Switch version. I wish IGA was involved. I am happy to see the real Castlevania again, and not that other series they tried to sell as CV.

Affinity must be a part of the team who made HD, haha, she is always taking about it. I remember the same from the time this game came out and I am rarely on this forum. I cannot even read her posts anymore..Just go play your HD and enjoy on your own haha

wtf.   why people bring up the developer assumption card when their opinions favor a game that isn't the "trend" pick of the mainstream masses?

like seriously.   the mere fact LoS got overrated, overhyped, and got too much hype, goes to show the bad taste of the mainstream fanbase as a whole that betrayed, and praised LoS due to its graphics, not matter how much it even ripped apart the lore that the hypocritical fans formally thought to be vital to the series.  mercurysteam went in and DMCed the franchise with the two worst games in the series, LoS and LoS2.

now Castlevania HD, preserving the gameplay, while merging the classic and IGAvania styles of Castlevania, into a new genius masterpiece design, while also pioneering the most unique and addicting co-op experience ever, and the
trendsetters fans completely ignored and underrated it!

and it is a shame that even the leader of Castlevania Dungeon, was so biased as to not dedicate a section to Castlevania Harmony of Despair out of the archived list of Castlevania games

https://castlevaniadungeon.net/games.html

see there is the PROOF.

they even archived Castlevania Judgment (one of the worst Castlevania games ever),
the new arcade game (which is mediocre cash grab)

oh wait look, Harmony of Despair is listed, but it doesnt even have its own dedicated section!  blasphemy!

heck even Castlevania Resurrection got its own shrine there
and that is a canned game.

a canned game got paragraphs and screens and stuff dedicated to the game,
but not CVHD, the greatest Castlevania ever!!

CVHD is the most underappreciated and underrated game ever, it is insane that even IGA's involvement hasn't
convinced the mainstream fans to honor and praise CVHD as they should.

but you see, the metroidvania receipe has misguided the masses thinking that's the only way to do a Castlevania game,
when that is wrong.

CVHD showed better and more fun filled ways, and it had potential to grow, but the fanbase didn't support it,
nor the mainstream.

if it made Playerunknown's Battlegrounds or Fortnite Battle Royale numbers, we could have gotten even greater things
from the Harmony of Despair format.

it is a miracle that Grimoire of Souls is at least adopting some of the great things Harmony of Despair pioneered.

so while Konami has their flaws, they are smart to test the mobile market, now that the mainstream console fans are so ungrateful as to not appreciate Harmony of Despair and Castlevania in general.

but yae it was Konami's mistake even keeping games like DXC exclusive to PSP ( a flop of a platform),

they could do more, but still, Grimoire of Souls is the more generous offering Konami has made since Harmony of Despair
and has tons of potential.

now Bloodstained is gonna be awesome to an extent, but like SOTN and the others, they lack the values and qualities that only Harmony of Despair type Castlevania games provide.

fans have to force themselves to play SOTN again, but Harmony of Despair can still pick up and play it on PS3, and there are still people internationally that can be found online! make a lobby at certain times, and one or more players can appear!   even Japanese players still appear online!  CVHD is a cherished masterpiece by the fans.

and with greater support it could grow into even greater levels of epicness!

so yea, despite the platform choice, Grimoire of Souls does have potential to win a fanbase. 

it is the console gamers and Castlevania fanbase as a whole, that forced the latest Castlevania game exclusively onto mobile.

I tell you, there's no justice in the industry, Konami is also at fault, but its the fanbase and mainstream that
kept Castlevania in the dark.   

meanwhile, heavily supported series like Soulsborne games are getting mainstream popularity on PS4,
and that "Shadows" game could wind up selling more than all IGAvanias combined.

it takes more than a masterepiece to be successful, it also has to have enough people with good taste to see it's a masterpiece.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:16:01 AM by affinity »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 11:26:06 AM »
not matter how much it even ripped apart the lore that the hypocritical fans formally thought to be vital to the series.

C'mon, Affinity. I dunno if you're trying to meme (you last posts look like you're trying a BIT too hard to meme a lot of different things), but we all know that the CV fanbase in general never gave half a shit for CV's lore, much less consider it "vital". That's a meme that won't catch.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:35:37 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 11:27:04 AM »
Dude take a breath...
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 12:10:22 PM »
+1
"the switch is bigger than the mobile market"
"harmony of despair is the best castlemania ever"
"at least this isn't a pachislot"

Castlevania: Delusion of the Dungeon

This isn't really important, but I'm wondering if this game is the one that was leaked on this forum by Beragon (not sure if that was his name) years ago.
Do you happen to have a link for the interview in spanish? sounds like good reading material
My generous patron provided me with the source already, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:35:53 PM by aensland »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 01:37:31 PM »
"the switch is bigger than the mobile market"

Well you ARE talking about the same audience that decided The Legend Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an all-time Perfect 10/10 GotY that all other games should aspire to be.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 02:33:08 PM »
Well you ARE talking about the same audience that decided The Legend Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an all-time Perfect 10/10 GotY that all other games should aspire to be.

BOTW is the most overrated trash this gen.
and Zelda is the most overrated IP ever.

even the fans that aren't absolute fanatics see the flaws and shortcomings of BOTW.

BOTW's bloated scores and overhype and Switch sales, goes to show how absolutely insane and delusional nintendo fanatics can get. and Zelda games continue to be sexist.

while Pokemon at least cut off the exclusive male glorification in their mainline games and made female protagonist option a standard feature in their mainline series since Crystal, 

"Zelda" is still jerking off Link once again, with Zelda once again having a minor role that is not lead protagonist!!

and there is room for two protagonists to choose from, but nooo, nintendo won't approve, and neither does the sexist heman wimmin haters club activist care for equal representation either.  they just want Zelda to remain a sex object instead of a heroine the player can play as.

even in the cartoon, Princess Zelda was a bit more of a strong heroine than her NPC counterparts.
well yea BOTW got a PC mod with Princess Zelda playable, but that does not how the official version turned out.

but enough about Zelda, that series shows how much of a pretentious, sexist, and uncaring disgrace nintendo is, and they get away with it because their psychotic masses throw money at them no matter what they do.
nintendo is an advocate to the insane excessive sexism that exists in Japan, even more so than some other countries.
they can't even consistently give Peach and Daisy lead roles.
they put a 2nd toad in NSMB, then Peach and Rosalina are playable in SM3DWorld, then they demote her in SMO and Rosalina is gone.   get the **** out of here, nintendo!!!!

so the guilty is first and foremost nintendo themselves.  they do the bare minimum and still get millions more than developers that do so much more with their games and characters and selection and playable diversity and stuff!

and it is even more insane that despite Skyrim getting ported to Switch, nintendo/zelda fanatics ignore/underrate it, don't place it above Zelda games!

like seriously, if any game should follow any game's example,
 Skyrim is 10000000x times better role model than any nintendo game.

it goes to show that there is no justice in the industry, the nintendo fanbase is clinically insane and zealot infused to blanket the internet with as much delusional overhype for anything nintendo related, even cardboard gimmicks!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAH!  and people think I'm crazy to praise CV Harmony of Despair? 
at least thats a humble yet outstanding game within the 2D category of gaming.
it goes to show that even without mainstream brand or graphics it still outlasts the most overrated games out there,

meanwhile the fanatics of 10/10 scored games have to force themselves to play more of their overrated game days/weeks/months later, and with a false smile.

meanwhile Harmony of Despair still gets played, especially by fans that like it even more than I.

and CVHD has been around since 2010!!

meanwhile, Switch fans are annoyed there's nothing new and significant to play next month
and they are already facing a drought, lol.

and it is madness ya'll hyping Bloodstained (which is deserving), don't respect CVHD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania:_Harmony_of_Despair

Director    Shutaro Iida
Producer    Koji Igarashi
Artist Ayami Kojima
Composer(s)    
Yasuhiro Ichihashi
Tomoaki Hirono

and all the devs involvement in its creation,  really do deserve praise.

and I don't blame IGA for being quiet about CVHD, it is underrated and they know that IGAvania is what put their reputation on the map, but it is a shame they can't be openly proud of CVHD as well, since its formula is different
from IGAvania, and therefore conflicts with IGAvania zealots ideals for the genre.

but CVHD is the next level of Castlevania genre evolution that can take the series to even greater heights,
just like how Resident Evil Outbreak games have taken RE in a superior survival horror direction instead of the
action hero nonsense that took over, and the wtfisthis clueless nonsense of VII that is neither here nor there what true fans want.

not sure what leaderrship GoS has, but at least it appears they are adopting some aspects of CVHD, which is a positive sign.

but anyways, Bloodstained and GoS can coexist, so overall, GoS could be a good thing, even despite it being on a platform most of us wouldnt use.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 03:04:16 PM »
At least Simon's new artwork is really nice, cool to finally see OG Simon in Ayami's art style.

There's a screenshot showing a soundtest screen, I wonder if this game will get all new remixes or just reuse songs from past games.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 03:28:02 PM »

This looks like demon's souls artwork much more than any castlevania art TBH
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »
Some of the art is kinda neat, but it's a lost cause I feel, but I could be wrong - iOS makes tons of money.  I've turned my back completely on Konami and don't see myself playing anything they make in the future, short of completely new management trying to make things right.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 03:56:21 PM »

This looks like demon's souls artwork much more than any castlevania art TBH

Let me just do it right now because yeah.

Also this:

Also, there's now a "Lucy" set in an age where there is a "Mina".

Remember what happened to "Lucy". I'm not saying something will happen, but keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:01:11 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 03:59:48 PM »
This is indeed interesting
There's no doubt Konami is using this project to gauge interest in the series, to see if it's still financially viable in 2018 (lets be realistic they have to start somewhere. although a full-blown game for Switch woulda been fantastic, they need to play it safe thus GoS was born)

@affinity although i respect your passion, your thought process/viewpoint is somewhat misguided, borderline delusional

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 04:28:14 PM »
Might be because I'm on mobile... but is this 2D or 2.5D?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 05:16:56 PM »
I'm gonna chime in real quick:

The reason for the lack of a section for the later games isn't because they don't deserve their sections.
Personal opinion aside, the actual reason is because I couldn't find the time to update the sections without breaking some part of the site, haha.

Now that Castlevania is back (sort of?) maybe I should go about remastering the site again?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
More leaked videos: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33067566 It's just another yukkuri voice comment and I'm having fun watching Japanese reactions.

Gonna return to slumber until more fascinating things happened  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:41:52 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Tags:

anything