Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your favorite Castlevania stage / area?  (Read 17295 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
What's your favorite Castlevania stage / area?
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »
What is your favorite stage, or area, from a Castlevania game? And why is it your favorite?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What's your favorite Castlevania stage / area?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »
In a word? Clocktower. It has always been the clocktower for some obscure reason. That is also one of the big letdowns for me about CV II. There just was no clocktower in it. Even before I owned any other CV game except CV II I would stare for countless hours at my game Atlas at the maps of CVIII, particularly the clocktower stage.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »
I love how swampy the Cemetery stage in DXC looks and it's definitely one that stands out in my memory.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »
There is alot I can choose from but one of my favorite stages are the last stage in bloodlines the one area where it's all messed up and this

Castlevania Belmont's Revenge Stage 01 Crystal Castle (No Damage, Subweapons, Upgrades)

This just a few but the one that popped up in my mind at the moment.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
Hell, I love them all. Most of all? Hmmm. Maybe the Chapel. And the inner quarters. Love those paintings and decorations. If I was in a castle like that I would wander around for eternity.
Oh, and also the wine cellar.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »
Man, too many to list, but the entrance halls and clocktowers have always stuck out to me the most.

Love IV, Rondo, Rebirth, x68000, and Bloodlines levels.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:53:17 PM by OSM »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »
+1
1. The Villa
2. Art tower
3. Tower of execution
4. tower of science
5. Forest stage in Super Castlevania 4
6. Castle Center (LoD)
7. Cave/waterfall stage in Super Castlevania 4
8. Catacombs (CotM)
9. Overworld (CV 2: SQ)
10. Clock tower (SotN and LoD)

Offline CrashDiary27

• Hunter in Training
  • game over
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
Not sure if it counts as a actual stage but I always liked the first part of SOTN...when you do the end of rondo. I always thought it was neat that depending how well you do against drac, it shows up in your stats for the start of the game.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »
One place I've always liked is Dracula's castle from Simon's Quest.  That place has such incredible atmosphere for such an old game.  I find it... laudable.

Bloodlines and IV have some really memorable stages.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »
Hands down it has to be the final stage of Bloodlines. It did a lot of really interesting and creative things that had never been seen before or since in a Castlevania game.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:03:04 PM »
It's hard to say but I'll pick one that has always been a huge favorite of mine.

Bloodlines Stage 3 Leaning Tower of Pisa.

From start to finish I felt this level was designed perfectly. The haunting music of "discolored wall" just really compliments the ambience of the stage. The stage really sets the mood of impending doom with this music that intesifies especially when you're in those dire time critical platforming areas. It just has it all; varied level design, a miniboss, pitfalls, platforming and areas where you are both indoors and outdoors. It's a masterpiece of CV levels. Check out the room where you fight the miniboss. Gotta love those creepy green Satanic looking demon moldings framing the windows.

Time to revisit a classic. Drink it in. Good stuff.

Castlevania: Bloodlines Part 3: Leaning Tower of Pisa - Italy (Eric)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »
The Sky Walkway from HoD. It's doesn't really have a gothic atmosphere to it, but it seems so cozy to me due to the background and the music.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
Too many great stages to pick a favorite IMO.  Atmosphere and stage design is one the series greatest strengths.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »
Hard question but I like the DXC/RoB stage 2.
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles Walkthrough (Stage 2)

Offline Havatchu

• Beau Shion
  • Hunter in Training
  • Gaze Upon Me Hypocrite
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »
Hell, I love them all. Most of all? Hmmm. Maybe the Chapel. And the inner quarters. Love those paintings and decorations. If I was in a castle like that I would wander around for eternity.
Oh, and also the wine cellar.  :P

The Chapel in SOTN for me so far in terms of Castleroids. Beautiful music, awesome scenery, the quirky confession room, the stairs,  the swordsman...

One of the big reasons I like Castlevania is that it normally isn't afraid to inject religious themes to the scenery, story and whatnot. It's really quite awesome when you think about it.
Reluctant fighting game, Mega Man/X, Dragon Quest, and Castlevania lifelong fan.

What do I do with all these Belmonts?

Tags: