Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I made a Castlevania board game  (Read 449 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: January 21, 2024, 10:44:38 AM »
+1
Hey, everyone I made a Castlevania board game. As you can guess this is not my art, nor do I take credit for it. Most of it is from instruction manuals or concept art with some fillers here and there. The main castle art is from a D&D map editor program I use. There was a Castlevania board game a few years back, and I used the Roman numerals from it. The back of the cards are from Japanese calling cards. The box cover is definitely not my art, but it was too cool to pass up.

The game is for at least two people. One controls Belmont (who is just supposed to be any Belmont) and the other player controls Dracula and his minions. More people can play but they will need to he on teams controlling one of the two sides.

I plan on making a how to play video sometime soon. But unfortunately, I don't want to get a C&D like the last board game did, so even though it doesn't say Castlevania anywhere on it, I won't be able to sell anything if anyone is interested.

Finally, I made it on boardgamemaker.com. There's a lot of cool things you can do, but I took the money saving route as much as I could.

Hopefully, this Google drive folder works because I don't want to flood the post with like thirty pictures.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uToHfEtAaC_y80bP3Gg3I2vKLac6mlkb

The only thing I would've done differently would be have some of the dice different colors and there are some icons on the castle tiles (I circled one on a picture) and I wish I raised them a little higher up.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 10:46:36 AM by GuyStarwind »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 10:21:00 AM »
Hey everyone here is the playlist of how my Castlevania board game works.

Hopefully it makes sense past me stumbling over my words and my son "helping me".

I'm actually in the process of ordering a few new cards that will fix some of the goofs I made with the existing cards. I'll also be adding double and triple shot upgrades, some new random encounters, and more hearts. I'll make a video on that when they come.

Anywho, enjoy.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsrHOe2iHbQkjEiOTGhCWpx9RVtZvPe2E&si=ZGtgMRagkSO8YHUu

Tags:

anything