Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The best "under-rated" game you've ever played  (Read 32442 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: The best "under-rated" game you've ever played
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 02:16:45 PM »
I just purchased Ninja Gaiden Sigma for ps3, & the game is awesome.. kinda what a Shinobi 2 should be like.

On the topic of Ninjas, another underrated game I think is Strider 2 for ps-x. They fucked up by adding unlimited continues.. but the game itself is still fun. It mixes 2D sprites with 3D visuals:

An enhanced port of this game will be greatly appreciated!!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »
STRIDER! I want to play it but i never got a chance to...

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 06:01:39 PM »
In Reply To #32

I never got to play that one either. I wanted to tho maybe I can find an iso

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 07:35:47 PM »
They fucked up by adding unlimited continues..

Haha, yeah. I think everyone beat this game in their very first sitting. Without the continues the game would've been impossible though, cause you die A LOT.
It's a fantastic action/platformer and one of my favourites ever.

Not to be confused with Strider 2 on the genesis though :(

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 10:14:35 PM »
I should fire up Strider on MAME and play it through. I played a little bit a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty fun.

As for Strider 2, I think it's originally an arcade game, so I'll hafta find the ROM for that as well.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2007, 03:53:02 AM »
If we're talking about NES games that kicked ass, I've gotta mention Ikari warriors 3 (or Ikari III).
That's a horizontal Shoot-them-up (most of the time beat-'em-up) game where you play a Rambo-like shirtless fighter, and have to fight through an army of enemy soldiers in order to save some girl (probably a President's daughter).
The level designs are really nice and varied, and so are the bosses. In the first level you would have to destroy a tank, and one of the final bosses is a heavily-armored train. 
I don't know if to call this game easy or hard, because, because you only have one life in the game and die rather easily, but you have infinite continues, and continue from the very same point where you died.  :-X
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

SymboliC

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »

Best Underrated game?

Chulip. Effin' Chulip. God, this game is eccentric heaven. I'll send a kiss via Paypal to anyone here who played this game. And liked it, obviously. If you didn't..

*readies Wing Smash*

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 12:53:29 AM by SymboliC »

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 07:08:04 PM »
Resident Evil
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:10:16 PM by John Capricorn »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2007, 07:45:57 AM »
In Reply To #38

Red Ninja? Thats the hot lil chic with the cord weapon isnt it? Ive always wanted her outfit for Oblivion.

Silenced Gamer

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 12:53:14 PM »
My favorite underrated game... Hmm.... That's a toughie.

It's either "No One Lives Forever" or "Thief: Deadly Shadows".

Both games are pretty awesome, especially Thief, mostly and largely due to the fact is has one of the scariest levels I have ever played through in video gaming. I've hid under my bed, pulled the plug on my computer, and had more heart attacks than you can imagine because of that level.

I made myself feel like playing through it again now...

Offline John Capricorn

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2007, 03:56:05 PM »
red ninja chic is HAWT

will post nude pics later

Richter501

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2007, 11:27:40 AM »
blaster master is sweet to the taste

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 01:19:12 PM »
meh, Red Ninja was pretty boring imo. The controls also annoyed me.

Offline John Capricorn

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 12:32:10 AM »
But teh hotness...

Offline victor_cardigan

• DoomGate
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 10:12:33 AM »
Escape from Monkey Island. I seem to recall it getting a lot of flak for not being as good as the previous installments. I thought it was a great game. I like to replay it sometimes. I also wish they would make another one in the same style.

James Bond 007: Nightfire. It got some criticism for being too short, which I understand. The multiplayer is one feature I frequently go back to. I like the guided missles. I think the game has lots of fun replay value, which for me counts the most.

I don't think its considered underated since it has gotten a lot of spotlight, but I think Shadow of the Colossus is one of the greatest games I have ever played.

Going old school: Elite and Mean Streets. Two of my all-time favorites.

Tags: