Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I do art... and now chiptunes too????  (Read 21154 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2020, 07:20:13 PM »

haven't done traditional in a while :P
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2020, 08:24:40 PM »
Looks good for a 'not in a while' image. There are times where I've stopped for years, then I do an image and it's almost like I never stopped in the first place. I suppose I should count my blessings in that way as others might not have it as good  :-\
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2021, 09:19:29 PM »
+1

been struggling a lot lately, so made some vent art
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2021, 01:27:40 PM »
 :o
Pls nerf bloo, she's becoming too OP.
Now srsly, nice work, your art has really improved a lot lately.
Sometimes I wonder if you ever catch a break tho. Wish you luck with whatever it is that you're struggling with.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 02:30:19 PM by Holy Diver »
Gotta get away

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2021, 10:14:44 PM »
That image looks like the doser is having a "questionable trip"  ???

Looks good though!
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2021, 05:06:22 PM »

Despite the bleak theme, I love it. You've shown great improvement.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2021, 08:18:58 AM »
+2
good news for the 3 people who follow my art: not dead! <3 <3 <3 <3

first cloud painting
cloud painting with some knowledge

work in progress
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2021, 10:26:44 AM »
+2
The cloud paintings look good! It's nice to see artists go out of their element in order to expand their horizons. What's even more interesting is if I squint my eyes the image becomes blurry and it look like a real-life photograph. Give it a shot if you want  ;)

The 'work in progress' image is also eye-catching. If I didn't know any better it seems like a cover piece for a metal band album.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2021, 12:18:47 AM »
+1
The cloud paintings are great!
Whenever I see cloud paintings, I get reminded of Makoto Shinkai's backgrounds. lol

The WIP looks promising. I can't wait to see the final product.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2021, 08:26:28 PM »
The cloud paintings look good! It's nice to see artists go out of their element in order to expand their horizons. What's even more interesting is if I squint my eyes the image becomes blurry and it look like a real-life photograph. Give it a shot if you want  ;)
The cloud paintings are great!
Whenever I see cloud paintings, I get reminded of Makoto Shinkai's backgrounds. lol

thank u both <3 <3 the cloud paintings feel like some of my best works.
i never finished that work in progress though  :'( it got too crazy and i lost grip

in other news: another cloud painting

an angel

finally made some new pixel art

lastly, my current project
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2021, 10:03:06 AM »
Ya know, it might be time to rent a studio space to get some public recognition for your work.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2021, 01:53:17 AM »
Those cloud paintings are gorgeous! I think you could make a portfolio of all those cloud paintings.
I also believe that you would be good at landscape paintings. Can you try those?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2021, 07:36:15 PM »
Ya know, it might be time to rent a studio space to get some public recognition for your work.

O.O I don't think I'm personally capable of sustaining myself off my art if you're implying that, but I'm working on making it commercially viable. My entire living space is kinda like a studio tho, I'm pretty disorganized.

Those cloud paintings are gorgeous! I think you could make a portfolio of all those cloud paintings.
I also believe that you would be good at landscape paintings. Can you try those?

Unfortunately life got pretty turbulent and I haven't painted in a minute, but I went on a trip to Colorado recently and now have lots of fresh inspiration for landscapes. Haven't done any yet. but soon.

All I have this time is some admittedly very quickly finished Richter artwork to commemorate the 35th anniversary.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2021, 12:20:10 AM »
O.O I don't think I'm personally capable of sustaining myself off my art if you're implying that, but I'm working on making it commercially viable.

Worry not. I would never advise that. Though I personally wish it was a guarantee that an artist (of any level below the professional level) could make government-based wages off of their work. Only the most infamous, influential and well known get that kinda money. Kinda unfortunate that it's like that  :P

My entire living space is kinda like a studio tho, I'm pretty disorganized.

lol! I wouldn't worry about that either. Most artists probably have that same issue with their studios. It seems to be an artist thing if you think about it...

P.S. That Richter portrait is duds  8)  Although personally I'd have swapped out his leather whip with the morning star one. But that's just the artist's personal preference in me  :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 12:22:39 AM by X »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2021, 03:11:53 AM »
My entire living space is kinda like a studio tho, I'm pretty disorganized.

Hah! My space is a mess of boxes, books, papers, collectables/toys, craft stuff,  etc. >_< And I don't even remember what went in the boxes. I'm in the process of cleaning them but I got too tired so I'm taking a break. At least I got the 800 books for donation sorted out. :)

I can't wait to see your landscape paintings.

I LOVE THAT RICHTER!!!

Tags: