Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283049 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES 2 Early 2017
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2016, 03:41:03 PM »
The cutesie music from Rondo just seems like a natural choice for a CV music box tune.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2016, 05:04:03 AM »
I'd love to see  Stairway to the Clouds included in the music box

The Castle Center theme/Main menu theme in Legacy of Darkness (I don't remember Legacy of Darkness had got an official soundtrack release since most tracks are identical to Castlevania 64 except few "lost tracks" and the track which I just mentioned IS, lol) is also an OK choice

BTW how will it work? Will it work as a separate mode through title screen? Or in-game function (Like the CDs in PoR/OoE)?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:21:51 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2016, 11:49:57 AM »
I'd love to see  Stairway to the Clouds included in the music box

The Castle Center theme/Main menu theme in Legacy of Darkness (I don't remember Legacy of Darkness had got an official soundtrack release since most tracks are identical to Castlevania 64 except few "lost tracks" and the track which I just mentioned IS, lol) is also an OK choice

BTW how will it work? Will it work as a separate mode through title screen? Or in-game function (Like the CDs in PoR/OoE)?

Thanks for the suggestion! Stairway to the Clouds is a nice piece. But I'm not sure it would fit this type of situation. It seems like it belongs in a church or cemetery type of setting. But I promise you there is already a very cool song in the game from CV64. I'm very happy with how it turned out! ;-)

I suppose it's not giving too much away to let you guys know what these music box pieces are for. There are various shops throughout the game where Efrain can buy items. The idea is to have music box style music for the shops. Not counting these music box pieces the games OST is about 3/4 original new music, and 1/4 CV covers.

I'm taking the approach of writing music that works for each scene of the game specifically. I'm not just going along hacking in CV covers just for the sake of nostalgia. When they do appear, it's for the right reasons. Because every part of the game is so unique, most areas call for their own original music! The CV covers are also made fresh and compliment the rest of the music in a level they share.

But I thought the shops would be a nice, light hearted environment where there would be a good opportunity to add in more classic CV music for the fans to enjoy while they buy items!

The question is, should we give each shop it's own unique music box song, or should each shop have a music box player that plays a random song from a collection, like a juke box. If we went that route, Efrain could potentially interact with the music box and change songs to his liking. Not sure if Mig would want to add something like that. But it's a nice thought!

Let me know if you guys have any other music box requests!

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2016, 02:41:35 PM »
I can probably create a MusicBox version of Stairway to the Clouds.
It's a very easy piece.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2016, 03:47:38 PM »
I can probably create a MusicBox version of Stairway to the Clouds.
It's a very easy piece.

Not a problem, I started on it already.

Aceearly, I would love to take another request from you though if there's anything else you might want to hear. I'm making a bunch of these and I'm not sure which ones, if not all of them I will decide to include in the game.

:-)

What about you Jorge? Do you have a request?

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2016, 10:04:37 PM »
Here's a LONG list after a small talk with some of my friends

Iron blue intention

Carrie's ending theme (CV64)

Belmont's Theme (Lords of Shadow)

Red Dawn (Stage 5' in Dracula X Chronicles)

Annette dialogue theme in Dracula X Chronicles

O.p.13 (Rondo Stage 5', in some soundtracks it was misplaced with Slash)

Abandoned Castle (Curse of Darkness)

Followers of Darkness -The Second-/-The Third- (Curse of Darkness)

Belmont the Legend (Curse of Darkness)

Dracula's Castle (Curse of Darkness)

Prologue (SotN)

Stillness (SotN, unused track?)

Etude For the Killer (Castlevania Chronicles PS1)

Awake

proof of blood

Repose of Souls

circle of the moon (Circle of The Moon)

Chapel of Dissonance (Harmony of Dissonance)

An Empty tome, Wandering the Crystal Blue, Sorrow's Distortion, Lament to the Master (Order of Ecclessia)

Riddle
I'm not sure it would fit this type of situation. It seems like it belongs in a church or cemetery type of setting.

Stairway to the Clouds was originally used as the theme for the long bridge before the Castle Keep Throne room in CV64. The Combo with Illusion Dance gave the whole Castle Keep music doubled awesomeness.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:12:46 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2016, 01:57:54 AM »
i was reading something awhile ago on the dungeon forums about the voice actor for Alucard doing Alucard in this game is that true? seems so unlikely being i seen a interview with him not even remembering how to do the voice when asked to say a line from the game and he really seemed like he didn't care much about the part of course i hope he is doing the voice because no one can do Alucard like that man i love that voice got so mad when DXC came out and had a new actor GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LOL   

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2016, 05:23:03 AM »
i was reading something awhile ago on the dungeon forums about the voice actor for Alucard doing Alucard in this game is that true? seems so unlikely being i seen a interview with him not even remembering how to do the voice when asked to say a line from the game and he really seemed like he didn't care much about the part of course i hope he is doing the voice because no one can do Alucard like that man i love that voice got so mad when DXC came out and had a new actor GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LOL

That is absolutely true! Robert Belgrade recorded all new voice work just for our game.

He's not really a gamer but he recognizes that fans love his work as Alucard in SOTN.

Mig and I had been discussing an Alucard cameo in the game. I reached out to Mr. Belgrade, showed him what we were working on and asked him if he would be willing to lend us his voice for Alucard. He was a joy to work with and he recorded all of his vocals himself. He donated his time to our project for the fans!

I was surprised that he did it especially considering that he is in Bloodstained and CV fans will get a chance to hear him again in that game as well. But he understands that his voice as Alucard is special to fans and this game was a great way to bring his brand of the character  back.

Other past CV voice actors  have seen what we're doing and had great advice and nice comments to make. Patrick Seitz came very close to making an appearance as well. But he was a little more concerned about being in an unliscenced CV game.

Even Michiru Yamane has seen our work and given it praise.

We feel very fortunate to have nice feedback from people we respect so much.

Robert Belgrade went the extra mile and stepped up to the plate. I hope the fans appreciate him all the more for that!

Aceearly, thanks for the list! I remembered the part from CV64 with "stairway" even though it was over a decade ago that I last played that game. When I'm creating a cover I'll listen to CV songs and think of situations they could fit in that are sometimes  different from what we've seen them used for before. I was just saying those are a couple other scenarios I could see that song in.

They'll be some music box songs in the game put in there just for you! Thanks for the thoughts and for keeping up with our project!

;-)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:25:08 AM by Belmontoya »

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2016, 05:26:29 AM »
Patrick Seitz came very close to making an appearance as well. But he was a little more concerned about being in an unliscenced CV game.

Shame. Pat's cool as shit.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2016, 05:42:30 AM »
cool i hope he record more than just a few lines i know the games not a Alucard game but be fun if you put a hidden story line in there for him probably to late for that now oh well can't wait to hear him again now the hard part i just to wait till you all get done with the game that the hardest thing to wait but you can't rush greatness but for zelda wii u they need to rush damn it pushing it back just for that NX money hungry i tell you LOL

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:37 AM »
cool i hope he record more than just a few lines i know the games not a Alucard game but be fun if you put a hidden story line in there for him probably to late for that now oh well can't wait to hear him again now the hard part i just to wait till you all get done with the game that the hardest thing to wait but you can't rush greatness but for zelda wii u they need to rush damn it pushing it back just for that NX money hungry i tell you LOL

I can't give away too much or my boss will kill me...

But I promise you it's more than just a few lines. There's more to it than that.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2016, 07:36:06 AM »
i understand but thank you for what you could say  ;D

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2016, 11:45:59 AM »
Get those music box requests in guys!

This will be a fun feature in the game (it's no longer for shop music).
This a good chance to get a cv song you'd like to hear in the game.

I'm going to try do at least one song for each person that makes a request.
I'm going to do around 20 to 25 music box songs and once it's filled up, that's it!

I'm making the list now and have about 10 songs on it already. So let me know what you would like in the collection!

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »
One of the reasons I recently recorded Wandering Ghosts is because not too many other renditions are out there...hint hint...

Either that or...How about...Tower of Dolls...?

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2016, 01:09:23 PM »
You got it Jazz!

I'm leaning towards Tower of Dolls.

You'll find at least one of those two in the game!

Thanks for the request!

I'm very eager to get this list made up. Think of this as Efrains iPod. ;-)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:11:20 PM by Belmontoya »