Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283182 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES 2 Early 2017
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2016, 03:02:27 PM »
How's about a medley of Cursed Clock Towerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-5P2clEv-o and Demon Castle Pinnaclehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnK-1zPSt1U from Dawn of Sorrow?

Nice idea!

I should say again that these are shortened versions of these songs with my own twist on them. They are 30 to 45 second loops on average. So it's not the best platform for a medley considering they are shorter loops.

However, I have added Demon Castle Pinnacle to the list!

I promise you will hear new versions of other music from Dawn of Sorrow in the main soundtrack of the game as well.

;-)

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2016, 03:28:05 PM »
Awesome. Guess I'll have to try out the medley idea for myself. ;P

While I'm replying, I might as well say that this is one of the most ambitious looking Castlevania fan games I've seen with all the original graphics and new music. Even getting Belgrade to do voice work for this is just... wow. Best of luck to you and Mig! :)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »
Thanks!

I have something else that I might change the default pause music to. It's a little more simple but makes sense.

The one in the preview you're referring to is a song called "Choices". I might set that one to be the music in a shop. I really like that piece too! You don't get to hear the whole thing in the preview. I wrote it during a stressful time at work and it helped calm my nerves at the time.

It's fun listening through all the music I've made for the OST and remembering different things I had going on at those times and how that influenced the song writing. Music has the power to illuminate the soul!

Yeah very glad to know it!
I'm also looping the main area BGM in the first preview video from when it was shown on the Internet and that tune is also cool and epic (Actually I heard a little piece of similar tune I once heard in Lecarde Chronicles 1, I'm so glad that it comes with a "Reincarnation" relationship that tied to the previous title and build a completely new/unique story line of the "series")

I thought about the project all over again and I have a few more questions to ask:
1)Will the game have have "Round" settings (NG+ mode from Aria of Sorrow onwards where player can set most part of item/equip collected from last " Round" of game to a new "Round")?

And 2)how will the Boss Rush Mode work in its future form?

I'm also worrying about the support of key mapping which applies to all available buttons of joystick/gamepad/keyboard that mentioned in the thread a long time before, but I believe it's possible to overcome the questionable situation in Lecarde Chronicles 1  :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:30:43 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »

Yeah very glad to know it!
I'm also looping the main area BGM in the first preview video from when it was shown on the Internet and that tune is also cool and epic (Actually I heard a little piece of similar tune I once heard in Lecarde Chronicles 1, I'm so glad that it comes with a "Reincarnation" relationship that tied to the previous title and build a completely new/unique story line of the "series")

I thought about the project all over again and I have a few more questions to ask:
1)Will the game have have "Round" settings (NG+ mode from Aria of Sorrow onwards where player can set most part of item/equip collected from last " Round" of game to a new "Round")?

And 2)how will the Boss Rush Mode work in its future form?

I'm also worrying about the support of key mapping which applies to all available buttons of joystick/gamepad/keyboard that mentioned in the thread a long time before, but I believe it's possible to overcome the questionable situation in Lecarde Chronicles 1  :P

Those are good questions for Mig. He will give the best answers.

I do know some exciting things pertaining to the boss rush mode. :-)

The song you're referring to from the preview that you looped is called "Efrain's Return". You're absolutely right about the melody being from LC1. It is from the first song of mine that appears in the game called "Efrain's Theme". In LC1 it appears in the first cinema when the title appears. In LC2 it is a theme you will hear peppered throughout the game in many different forms.

I can't wait to share more music with you guys. The OST is massive!

I'll take just a couple more music box song requests! Get em in guys!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:46:42 PM by Belmontoya »

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2016, 04:22:53 PM »
Very nice request Eryson! I've added it to the list.

Im Glad that You've liked my suggestion!! this music sounded so Strong and well added in the first Lecarde Chronicles, i hopes that it will be the same in your game!!

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2016, 05:17:22 PM »
Just checking in to give you all an update on the voice acting facet of the games development!

Douglas Rye has joined our cast as the games main villain! You will know Douglas from his work as Dracula in Castlevania Curse of Darkness, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Dynasty Warriors, Ghost in the Shell, and much more!

Douglas did an amazing job and I can't wait for you all to face him! I'll leave you to speculate on just who his character is. Telling you now would spoil the story.

Robert Belgrade continues to kick major ass as Alucard and has contributed more work yet again to the project!

Development on the game is going amazing. It's bigger and bolder than I could have imagined!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »
Just checking in to give you all an update on the voice acting facet of the games development!

Douglas Rye has joined our cast as the games main villain! You will know Douglas from his work as Dracula in Castlevania Curse of Darkness, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Dynasty Warriors, Ghost in the Shell, and much more!

Douglas did an amazing job and I can't wait for you all to face him! I'll leave you to speculate on just who his character is. Telling you now would spoil the story.

Robert Belgrade continues to kick major ass as Alucard and has contributed more work yet again to the project!

Development on the game is going amazing. It's bigger and bolder than I could have imagined!

Pretty fuckin' awesome!

Rye was my favorite Dracula of the entire series.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2016, 11:17:44 PM »
Pretty fuckin' awesome!

Rye was my favorite Dracula of the entire series.

Gratuitously seconded. After Crispin and Oldman, Rye's been the third pea in the pod for all my inspiration and understanding of the character from an acting perspective.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2016, 06:48:08 AM »
Glad to hear it.   ;)
I'm looking forward to any development progress you guys made as always

Also any plan for further improving Lecarde Chronicles 1?
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2016, 02:01:20 PM »
Glad to hear it.   ;)
I'm looking forward to any development progress you guys made as always

Also any plan for further improving Lecarde Chronicles 1?

Thanks!

We have plans for original games following LC2 that will keep us busy for years. But I think it's safe to say that LC1 has been laid to rest. After all, LC2 is a vast improvement itself.  ;-)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2016, 03:44:44 PM »

so cool to hear he did even more voice acting for Alucard damn i can't wait to play this game now i just wish i could play as Alucard oh well can't get everything lol can't wait!

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2016, 03:58:34 AM »
Thanks!

We have plans for original games following LC2 that will keep us busy for years. But I think it's safe to say that LC1 has been laid to rest. After all, LC2 is a vast improvement itself.  ;-)

Now this is amazing. I'll probably have a check if there's any information

Actually I like the "character-to-screen size/ratio" in Lecarde Chronicles 1 and what was shown in 2 that is a thing which is "outstanding-ly" difficult to control in 2d side-scrolling's genre and you game creators did an amazingly great balance in it

Hard to say Lecarde Chronicles 1 is accepted by many since all my friends seems have opinions about difficulty. I was also punished by difficulty (mainly hard mode) back to the year 2014-2015 and now I still feel hard mode need to be less "punishment" element (the damage amount of some specific traps was a pain, especially in last few stages; reduce the damage amount to be on par with normal mode is better) But from an another dimension of my mind I don't think it's really a good thing that a game is gonna to be accepted by many, for some reason

Yeah I'm just a little bit curious about Lecarde Chronicles 1 because I can't describe properly how amazing it was when I know the existence of the game. (So this is the reason why I really want it to be more "perfect" like what I described before) Since there are more of my favorite things (hard to find in most games!!) Than dislike/dissatisfied I feel I really enjoy your work  :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:15:20 AM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2016, 12:05:27 PM »
Another casting announcement!

The amazingly talented Donna Rawlins has joined our cast! She is a longtime friend of Douglas Rye, and he referred her to our project.

Donna has done a vast amount of narration, commercial, and audio book work. She is also the voice of BT in the anime Hack//Sign and was the voices of Emma and Natasha in the anime series Geneshaft.

All I will say for now is that Donna looks forward to catching you in her web...

We continue to add more voices and sounds to the game in our studio set up! You will hear new original choral arrangements, as well as some choral CV classics in the OST as well!

Here's a behind the scenes look at our messy studio set up!

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2016, 12:35:39 PM »

Here's a behind the scenes look at our messy studio set up!

I'd do anything for even THAT type of workspace now. Moving to the BC area of Canada sucks big time...no space at all without spending like a million bucks...

Yet another reason I miss the States...sigh
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2016, 03:29:21 PM »
+1
Hi!

I hope you have enjoyed the Belmontoya's good news about the voices and musics.
Because of the lack of an italian Translator, ten Italian slot may be turned to a russian one ( a russian applicant has offered his services ).
The game is more than 60% completion, i think that i will make the trailer video in the final days of July.
I hope that the game will be available in April 2017.

Here i have some Artwork by ELRIC. thanks for your nice work :)

anything