Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 285695 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #480 on: April 27, 2017, 11:48:18 PM »
I'm slow at this lol I'm only at the mines, getting my ass kicked by the reverse blob.

I like it a lot so far. The atmosphere is more fantasy than CV for me so far, but I'm still not very far into it.

Belmontoya, your music is great. Please release a few MIDIs of your pieces, I'd love to remix some of them. :)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #481 on: April 28, 2017, 12:07:49 AM »
I like it a lot so far. The atmosphere is more fantasy than CV for me so far, but I'm still not very far into it.

I can agree with this sentiment...until you get to the castle. If you're not quite feeling the vibe yet, you will once there. Especially with the Entrance Hall's music.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #482 on: April 28, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »
This game feels like a marriage between Simon's Quest and Order of Ecclesia, the difficulty isn't unforgiving but it isn't a walk in the park.

I really like the simple yet flashy acrobatics you can do in this game, makes me feel like I'm good at playing videogames.

And the level design...
(click to show/hide)

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #483 on: April 28, 2017, 12:11:00 PM »
+1
Hi everybody!  :)

I'm glad that you like the game it has been a big ordeal for me. i've got lot's of messages of congratulation coming from everywhere in the world in my email and i cannot answer everyone of them but know i'm very touched.
I want to thanks everybody who participed in the game creation and promotion. the success belongs also to them.
Thanks so much to Belmontoya who has worked very hard for the game's success in many ways.

By the way many players have asked me for a physical copy even by purchasing it. i'm sorry but they were for contributors. There are only 37 of them, most of them have been dispatched. I keep some of them "just in case". I cannot sell the game whatever it's form is. It was the condition to agree Konami and it's fair.

Nevertheless if you want, i can show pictures of them.

I also have received messages of stucked players ;) I know that many players have already completed the game at 100% so please ask for those hints in the forum because i cannot answer every one :(

I'm now very tired, the backlash after the game creation's end is very hard for me. Creating the game kept me busy for most of my free time. I'm a Youth center manager as a civil servant, i lead a team of 10 people. My regular job is already hard, full of pressure and time consumming.

I have been asked to make a sequel by many players and other projects based on their ideas. I'm sorry but i will need many "lifetimes" to do that :(

I need now many monthes of peaceful rest in the game creation domain :)

thanks again to everybody :) i hope the new players will enjoy the game.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #484 on: April 28, 2017, 12:44:10 PM »
When I see the richness of details this game have in pratically EVERY SCREEN I can perceive how much you've sacrified youself to make this game so excellent.
Thanks very much Mig!

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #485 on: April 28, 2017, 01:04:41 PM »
I think all the slots share the same % since i start again this happen:

my second slot its the second time i play and i dont think i have 100% yet

and since the three share the % they share the warp so when you find the 1st wrap in sergony (dont remember well the name) you can go straight to the castle, i dont know how will be to crazy to go with that equipment (i think im going to try XD)

still not something that kills the experience, you have to be a lot of good to go and try that.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #486 on: April 28, 2017, 06:53:42 PM »
Only gripe, more like a nitpick, is that the names of the bosses are uninspired (this does not include important character bosses, who are, as with important NPCs, are fine). Though, that's just a nitpick. Everything else about this game, in all honesty, is a CV dream! This is the kinda game I've always wanted Konami to put out, but never got around to it. The sheer size (this and the first game) makes my fanboy heart dance. Excellent job!!!

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #487 on: April 28, 2017, 07:34:27 PM »
Go to our twitter to win a physical copy of the game!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #488 on: April 28, 2017, 08:52:04 PM »
+2
Congrats to the winner, Aensland!

Like Mig said, the physical copies are VERY limited. So it's unlikely we'll have another to spare. But if we do, I'll post here again to let you all know!

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: April 28, 2017, 09:02:06 PM »
+1
Congrats to the winner, Aensland!
\\\\٩( 'ω' )و ////

I hope it comes signed at least by one of you both

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: April 28, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »
Bleh I'm stuck. How do you get past the endless lotus fields to the east of Servigny mansion?

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #491 on: April 28, 2017, 09:28:02 PM »
+1
Bleh I'm stuck. How do you get past the endless lotus fields to the east of Servigny mansion?

You're disoriented. Search the opposite direction.
\\\\٩( 'ω' )و ////

I hope it comes signed at least by one of you both

You've got a "mig" in there!

He was very thoughtful with these.

Offline DarkDiablo1995

• Hunter in Training
  • Novice Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #492 on: April 28, 2017, 09:30:31 PM »
+1

Will go ahead and give you this hint:

(click to show/hide)

Would say more, but I just noticed Belmontoya adding his own suggestion in, and my hint is already dangerously similar in line with his.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:04:24 PM by DarkDiablo1995 »
"Ignore a Morris at your own peril, pal. We're not Belmonts, but we can still make your plans go awry like it's no big deal."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #493 on: April 28, 2017, 10:24:52 PM »
I am enjoying my time with the game, but I have a question regarding control issues that I didn't have with the demo.

Is there a way to force the game to "override" detections with a controller? For example, when I use my PS4 controller -- which is mapped to 360 controls -- the options button is used as the games' pause button, but when I select the character menu to that button, the button no longer does anything.

I was trying to get a control scheme to more accurately follow the Metroidvania games, so this tiny hiccup is my only problem with the game. I do like the scope so far.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #494 on: April 29, 2017, 12:42:49 AM »
I made quite some progress, but I'm not done yet (currently finished the University stage, got the Crucifix and went back to the previous city -- that backward travel was hard as balls). I'll post a complete review once I'm done with it. So far, it's very nice!