Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is available for iOS and Android!  (Read 6322 times)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night just came out on mobile platforms ($2.99)
iOS https://apple.co/2wq0Q2X
Android http://bit.ly/39nxlgX

It seems to be based on PSP/PS4 versions and has controller support. I would rather play this on Switch.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is available for iOS and Android!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 07:55:22 AM »
i wonder if the controls are in any way similar to the ones that are used on Grimoire of Souls.  maybe i could practice on it if that game ever does get released ha.

hmm, i don’t see it on my apple store yet.

update, oh, it appeared under a “symphony of the night” search, but not a “castlevania” search.

oh nice!  you don’t have to beat the game to play as Richter or Maria :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:08:46 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 10:05:06 AM »
I guess I'm just too old for this. I need to sit down and hold a controller in my hand, not tap the screen.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 06:28:34 PM »
I guess I'm just too old for this. I need to sit down and hold a controller in my hand, not tap the screen.

Same here. I don't need to wreck the screen with consistent button-mashing or have the game's visuals congested with D-pad and button images.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 04:40:54 AM »
+1
touch controls are a blight on this earth no matter how they're implemented
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 02:15:40 PM »
Yeah, I am not playing this with touch controls. I will wait for the Switch version, hopefully it will come.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 11:07:14 AM »
I heard they added in the Saturn areas? Is this true?

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 06:02:20 PM »
i doubt it, but that’d be something.

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
No, they haven't. It's still the same old DXC version.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2020, 08:11:56 AM »
I’m playing this on my iPad, I grabbed it as it was what, £3, so hardly anything.  The touch pad controls are vile.  For some odd reason the jump button is huge and the attack buttons are much smaller and to the side around the jump button.  You have the d pad controls on the left of the screen.  I’m having a lot of issues with jumping.  I’m amazed I beat Gaibon and Slogra first time with how hard the controls are.  Only nice touches I’m liking atm are having Richter and Maria available from the start and the continue feature.
Also the intro scroll text has been redone and moves much much slower up the screen than the voice over.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 12:54:39 AM »
Meh... I don't need to get this. But it is good to know that they made it available.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 04:15:12 AM »
the Nocturne in the Moonlight areas/items will always & forever be exclusive to the Sega Saturn version. They will never ever include them in any future port

Koji had the purrfect opportunity to recreate & update Cursed Prison y Underground Garden back when he was making Dracula X Chronicles. I recall him being asked this before it was released, and his answer was something along the lines of “Those areas were poorly implemented & contained glitches therefore they won’t be included,” something like that. Which is a lame excuse, he was just lazy, he didn’t wanna put in the extra work
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:11:51 AM by crisis »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 08:30:55 AM »
mite buy this since it has a Maria Mode

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 06:26:02 AM »
Even though I already have the Saturn port I decided to pick this up since it was only three bucks. Luckily I have a controller I can connect to my phone which makes it pretty fun. I tried it with the touch controls just for the hell of it and unless you have a controller I wouldn't bother buying this. The touch controls are just really not good. unless you like the idea of playing Symphony of the Night covering up a good portion of the screen with your thumbs.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 09:32:32 AM »
Koji had the purrfect opportunity to recreate & update Cursed Prison y Underground Garden back when he was making Dracula X Chronicles. I recall him being asked this before it was released, and his answer was something along the lines of “Those areas were poorly implemented & contained glitches therefore they won’t be included,” something like that. Which is a lame excuse, he was just lazy, he didn’t wanna put in the extra work

Yeah that sounded like a piss-poor excuse to me. It was a missed opportunity and because of that one decision the DXC never saw the NitM extra stages implemented.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: