Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848470 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1335 on: May 29, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but using the word comrade just reminds me of Cold War rhetoric, or something. It's suitable, but it just threw me off completely.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1336 on: May 29, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »
+2

Yay! EXPLORATION! That was the word I was waiting for. Now I can start saving up for a 3DS.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1337 on: May 29, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »
Everything so far sounds awesome. I wonder what would be with music? Is N3DS even capable of orchestral music or it is could make only synthysized something?

The image in the "Next Month" teaser was a map of Belmont, California. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belmont,_California
And none of us saw that? for shame Hahaha
Clever.  ;D

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1338 on: May 29, 2012, 01:16:22 PM »
The teaser even said "rue your fate" too.

Man, they really got us.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1339 on: May 29, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
hearing that DS title exploration is making a return is a huge plus for me.

Now one thing that did stick out to me is how come Trevor still has the "combat cross" while Simon gets the famed "Vampire Killer"?

Is Trevor's story going to lead up to him creating the Vampire Killer near the end of his game?

And 1 of the other 2 characters has to be Alucard given how much talk about him has been swirling around and how Cox and his team seem to be aiming to please some of the classic fans with this entry. I just wonder who the 4th character will be...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:20:03 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1340 on: May 29, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »
I thought it was a part of simon's cape or something, but noo it has to be a place from CA,where I am from what the crap how did I not notice  :P , but still I am down for playing with anyone here when it comes out who is with me?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #1341 on: May 29, 2012, 01:19:16 PM »
Cannot believe the sheer audacity of Cox and Mercurysteam. Four playable characters over differing time periods! They'll tie us up in knots with this continuity, especially if those characters are able to communicate with one another. In any event, they're all storming/exploring the very same castle. How the hell is this all going to unfold . . .

I not too enamoured of that Simon cover, but this latest info--! There's too much! Also glad to see that whip-swinging will be a feature.  Fantastico!

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1342 on: May 29, 2012, 01:19:33 PM »
I wouldn't be suprised if this 3ds game is setting up for the simon & alucard adventure. Given that Simon comes after Trevor and the three of them are going to be in MoF.

4th character is hopefully Sypha. Maybe Gabriel.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1343 on: May 29, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »
I just wonder who the 4th character will be...
Possibly Sypha. If Simon is Trevor's son, she has to be in it.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #1344 on: May 29, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »
The teaser even said "rue your fate" too.

Man, they really got us.

Not half! I even tried flipping and rotating that but nothing jumped out . . . obviously. ;)

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1345 on: May 29, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »
MoF sounds really awesome now that we have some official information from Nintendo Power. Four different characters to play with? That sounds freaking amazing. All those rumors a while ago mentioned something about Alucard, so I'm assuming one of the 4 characters is Alucard. So, who will the 4th one be? It would be awesome if it was Sypha. However, I'm happy enough Trevor and Simon are both going to be in this game.

Yeah. I'm excited for MoF now.  ;D

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1346 on: May 29, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »
Possibly Sypha. If Simon is Trevor's son, she has to be in it.

Perhaps the rumors assumed because both Belmonts were in the game that they had to be father and son, not two people of the same bloodline from far different periods of time?

I find it hard to believe the father/son thing now that we know time travel is a factor in the game.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1347 on: May 29, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
+3
I guess no one wants Grant huh? Poor Grant no respect I tell ya.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1348 on: May 29, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »
I guess no one wants Grant huh? Poor Grant no respect I tell ya.

Grant would be awesome but Alucard is a must and I don't want it to turn into a sausage fest. If there is co-op I can play with my gf and she doesn't like to play as guy characters anyway.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1349 on: May 29, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »
I thought it was a part of simon's cape or something, but noo it has to be a place from CA,where I am from what the crap how did I not notice  :P , but still I am down for playing with anyone here when it comes out who is with me?
Interesting but random thing about CA(California), Castlevania also starts with a "C" and ends with an "A". Okay, maybe I'm too giddy over the news. LOL! ;D

Tags: .....?