Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848714 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1905 on: June 04, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
+2
Am I the only one who thinks the animation and graphics in the trailer looked like absolute shit? Great cut scenes MercurySteam, with no moving mouths. Horrible looking cel shaded models too.

The 3DS is more than capable of great animation and graphics beyond that. just check out Super Street Fighter IV, you know, A LAUNCH TITLE.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1906 on: June 04, 2012, 09:54:24 PM »
+2
The g4 site was too slow for me so to anyone who are problems seeing it here.

Castlevania Mirror of Fate (3DS) Trailer

All what I can say I am in konami is trying to bring back cv in a big way and I hope for the best from these two titles.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1907 on: June 04, 2012, 09:54:54 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the animation and graphics in the trailer looked like absolute shit? Great cut scenes MercurySteam, with no moving mouths. Horrible looking cel shaded models too.

The 3DS is more than capable of great animation and graphics beyond that. just check out Super Street Fighter IV, you know, A LAUNCH TITLE.
You gotta consider budget too. Facial motion capture is expensive. This style reminds me of Bayonetta.

Everything comes full circle

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1908 on: June 04, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »

I am thinking the same thing, but I think the actual gameplay looked pretty good! It was only a few seconds though, so it's hard to judge. But yeah, the cutscenes are.... very strange and incredibly rough.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1909 on: June 04, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
You don't need facial motion capture. Just animate it the old fashioned way. And budget? I've seen other budget titles with way better results. Hell Dracula X Chronicles was a budget title, sold for 35$, looks twice as good as this game, on a less powerful system.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1910 on: June 04, 2012, 09:58:18 PM »
+1
if you're a Belmont, ALWAYS make sure to have a kid BEFORE entering the castle.  just in case!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #1911 on: June 04, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
+3

Yea I noticed that to and I agree.

I really do not like the way the cutescenes are being handled.

I have played game like Resident Evil revelations which had pretty awesome cutescenes in the game despite the 3DS being a handheld which really does take away from the excuse that "this is a handheld game and not console".

The only excuse they could come up with is if Konami did not provide them enough money or they simply spent most of it on LOS2.

That being said, the gameplay is still looking nice so its not a deal breaker for me.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1912 on: June 04, 2012, 10:01:25 PM »
Damn Gabriel dat laugh

It's not showing up on my posts. At least it isn't for from my point of view.  :-\
Wait a minute... wth?

Also, Hope Trevor's wife is Sypha at least or else there will be RAGE. Not really. I never rage.

The wife better be sypha it only makes sense... right?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1913 on: June 04, 2012, 10:01:34 PM »
+2
LOL "Breed!  BREED! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!"
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1914 on: June 04, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »
+1
Yeah, the gameplay looks interesting. It's hard to tell with so little to see though. I want some extended gameplay clip. It could go either way so far.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1915 on: June 04, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »
Damn Gabriel dat laugh

The wife better be sypha it only makes sense... right?
so then you could have a great Mom and Dad with Kid against Grandpa fight?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1916 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »
so then you could have a great Mom and Dad with Kid against Grandpa fight?

Yes That would be one hell of a family spat if I ever saw one.
(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1917 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:16 PM »
+1

I rather liked the art-style. Nice storybook look to it.

All things considered, though, having a cut-scene model in addition to a gameplay models is a whole bunch more asset work. Thus, I figure they're reusing the gameplay models for the cutscenes, which naturally won't look as good as SFIV models due to the fact that a typical SFIV screen has two models and (rather simplistic) backgrounds, while Mirror of Fate is going to have to handle, at any time, a multitude of enemy models, a fairly elaborate environment, moody lighting, in addition to the main character.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1918 on: June 04, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »

It has cool looking backgrounds, gameplay looks solid, the overall presentation looks solid, And this is their first try so I'll say this; damn this looks good.

Edit: Nice looking crest things both titles have  :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #1919 on: June 04, 2012, 10:16:45 PM »
It has cool looking backgrounds, gameplay looks solid, the overall presentation looks solid, And this is their first try so I'll say this; damn this looks good.

Yeah, and it's only the cutscenes that have this "problem" which makes me think its intentional. The gameplay animation is super fluid.

Tags: .....? 

anything