Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848816 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2145 on: June 05, 2012, 11:58:50 PM »

Programming technique that gets rid of jagged edges

All right  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2146 on: June 06, 2012, 01:03:47 AM »
im glad "Neo Dracula" is almost quoting his former self, the line he spoke in the trailer reminded me of OoE's trailer "You danced well woman, now shall we go for the finale" "You fought well, worthy of the name of Belmont" im more excited for this game over LoS2, I want to kill dracula, not play as him again >.>;
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2147 on: June 06, 2012, 01:46:46 AM »
Maybe Alucard is not a vampire and that Trevor only took this name to confront his father, like Adrian did in the original timeline?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2148 on: June 06, 2012, 02:39:16 AM »
Between the 3 Belmonts that we know of so far, I just hope the Lords of Shadow series isn't looked at as the Belmont Daddy Issues saga. :p

I do like what I see in MoF so far, even more than LoS2 (since I'm still not keen on the concept of playing as the bad guy yet, no matter how cool the trailer was). I just hope they find a decent way to tie it all together plotwise. The story sounds pretty intriguing right now, I just hope it stays that way when the veil's been lifted.

Still hard to imagine MS being done with it all after this. If Konami can't get them to stay, it makes me wonder what the hell Konami plan on doing next. I honestly don't see them going back to the old timeline, just for clarity's sake. But whoooooooo knoooooooooowsssssss.... ???
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2149 on: June 06, 2012, 03:53:48 AM »
I think the most logical thing to do is wait till the gameplay of the game reveals itself or play the game yourself before claiming any QTE's are the epitome of crap and spew your hate filled vomit all over the place.

If it's executed well it can be great.  One of my favorite examples being Berserk- Millennium Arc for PS2, where basically the only form of QTE was to specifically counter enemy attacks to demonstrate the character's fighting ability and prowess.

Say you remove QTE's all together, you have a barebones sidescrolling beat em up where very little happens. 

I'm replaying several Castlevania's in anticipation and honestly to a certain point the redone fan loved formula can get a little boring.  Especially if it's basically the same thing with a different look.

I guess if the issue is you dislike QTE's in general then I guess IF you get grabbed then don't press the button.

Then you can take the damage like a "man".  But at the end of the day, give it a chance.  That's like never having Bacon and someone asked you to try some and you said no because it looked weird, until you try it and find it might taste pretty damn good.  But that's if you give it a chance.  And no comparing it to other games isn't fair since those games are out and about.  Mirror of Fate is not.  Games are about what that game offers and was it executed well.

Crying about it isn't gonna get you anywhere.     

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2150 on: June 06, 2012, 03:55:12 AM »
Finally someone played it!, impressions.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178698

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2151 on: June 06, 2012, 04:07:18 AM »
From the sound of that article, you have to chisel away enemies' life on this one, too. I'm pretty indifferent to that, although a lot of people hated it in LoS (I actually thought it gave a level of epic-ness to the TFO fight, but that's just me).

I don't even mind if it's all very similar to LoS, I guess. I'm just hoping for an aesthetic and bestiary closer to what the series is known for.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2152 on: June 06, 2012, 04:10:00 AM »
God forbid you actually have to figure out attack patterns to have some sense of a challenge.  Enemies should simply fall before meh.

:D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2153 on: June 06, 2012, 05:19:46 AM »
Those images are from the official documents released about the games at the E3 conference.
Because of this, the images are a lot better than the other pics that were released.

http://media.nintendo.com/pressroom/E32012/

This webpage contains all of the info (including logos, good images, and documentation) of all of the stuff shown at E3.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2154 on: June 06, 2012, 06:47:11 AM »
I don't know if anyone posted this yet but it has some fantastic artwork, level images, and pictures.

http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/imagenes/13904/0/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate/

I mean damn....that stuff on a 3ds screen.... drools

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2155 on: June 06, 2012, 06:50:11 AM »
Took me sometime to read all the pages.........after reading all the new info, i'm still positive about LoS Mirror of Fate, not so much about the game play, but about the story, the exploration element and the stages designs, since they are darker, like the first castlevania games, the return of some classic enemies and for being a kind of side scroller. Now for the music, i'm really woried..................
Ruler of Chaos

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2156 on: June 06, 2012, 06:55:35 AM »
+1
Eh, for the music you might as well abandon hope. :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2157 on: June 06, 2012, 06:58:07 AM »
Those screenshots are juicy good. It's like a waaay better version of the peaks shown in the Observation Tower of Circle of the Moon.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2158 on: June 06, 2012, 07:03:55 AM »
They're bullshots, they'll look good, of course.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #2159 on: June 06, 2012, 07:08:54 AM »
+1
If these pics doesn't excite you, you're hopelessly frigid

Tags: .....?