Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848441 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2370 on: June 06, 2012, 06:45:05 PM »
+1
Personally speaking, I wish I didn't have to wail on enemies for as long as that Executioner video showed.  It diminishes the power of my weapon, it makes my character seem weak and pathetic, and seems to just be a gimmick to make the gameplay appear longer than it should be.  Cut the health of those enemies by about 50%, and give 'em a stun animation and maybe things might improve.

I agree 100% on this. For the most part I like the 2.5D approach in MoF, but the combat looks incredibly tedious and everything else you mentioned. Seriously, we're supposed to be in control of a top-of-the-line, bad-ass warrior of (the Brotherhood of) Light. He seems like a weak pansy-man if can't take out a simple Skeleton in one or two hits at most.
And hitting an enemy has no crunch to it at all. Not having at least a tiny flinch makes it seem like every enemy from top to bottom has "Super Armor". Now being an old-school gamer, I do look at the roots of the series with rose colored glasses some times, but just doing what all the other kids are doing with NO improvement over the last guy is just lame.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:16:55 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2371 on: June 06, 2012, 06:45:20 PM »
Can't believed I missed my video game hero Alucard  :'( . Did he look awesome?

Offline Buflame

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2372 on: June 06, 2012, 06:45:28 PM »
posted it in last page but i will post again for people who missed it or cannot watch it at e3 streaming.

http://www.meristation.com/es/nintendo-3ds/noticias/enric-alvarez-konami-nos-dio-libertad-total-a-nivel-creativo-tecnologico-y-narrativo-para-castlevania/1782922

at the end travor voice: "it seems i will have a second chance... father" and then Alucad popped, so i think is pretty much confirmed trevor= alucard.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2373 on: June 06, 2012, 06:46:23 PM »

Because IGAvania sales are quite...laughable

In general, yes. CoTM is a million seller though.

Offline ZenTzen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2374 on: June 06, 2012, 06:47:02 PM »
They might archive the video later on, or at another site like Gamespot, after it's over...Or maybe they'll have just the segments like the extended trailer on this same Nintendo E3 website.

Anyway, it was interesting to see the mainstream chat audience's reaction. A lot of people weren't digging it, showing how out of touch we are in terms of thinking the franchise is relevant. lol. One person said it was God of War for 3DS. lol.

Anyway, the show goes on...Um, where's Contra?  :P
Come on dude, have you ever seen any stream with lots of viewers, its always an endless flow of hate and trolls no matter what game it is

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2375 on: June 06, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »
That extended trailer really sucked, they didn't show anything new besides that boss and a glimpse of Alucard.

smh Konami.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2376 on: June 06, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
Can't believed I missed my video game hero Alucard  :'( . Did he look awesome?

As some one who is a Belmont person Alucard looked awesome  :)

They might archive the video later on, or at another site like Gamespot, after it's over...Or maybe they'll have just the segments like the extended trailer on this same Nintendo E3 website.

Anyway, it was interesting to see the mainstream chat audience's reaction. A lot of people weren't digging it, showing how out of touch we are in terms of thinking the franchise is relevant. lol. One person said it was God of War for 3DS. lol.

Anyway, the show goes on...Um, where's Contra?  :P (Nintendo Power still has it listed as TBA for 3DS, which started before the 3DS launched)

Some fans of "bigger franchises" can be such pricks Wish they had a history lesson on old school franchises  >:(

Edit and of course there will be trolls  :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:50:11 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2377 on: June 06, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
Alucard definitely looked like an undead Trevor.

really?

crap!

I wana see it lol.

Does he look similar to the white haired guy in the LOS2 trailer?

EDIT

wow lol, I wonder who would neg rep my +1 for this question?

Does someone not like my question or something lol.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:57:07 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2378 on: June 06, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »
Because IGAvania sales are quite...laughable

OoE outsold Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Dominus-kun. OoE sold nearly 300,000 units, while Peace Walker sold 52,000 units. HoDespair sold well enough that Konami ported it to the PS3 as well. The only commercial flop was Judgment, which sold like 15 copies.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2379 on: June 06, 2012, 06:51:04 PM »
And I can't see how QTE would be optional. That whole part where the Executioner grabs Trevor seemed very UN-optional.

Yeah, if not using the QTE means the battle lasts ANOTHER eternity, then who the hell WON'T use the stupid QTE.
QTE's are really just fluffy mini-cutscenes that you are allowed to trigger on your own. I'm all for contextual things, but they need to be much more dynamic and spur of the moment like the finishing attacks the bosses in DX did.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2380 on: June 06, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »
Does he look similar to the white haired guy in the LOS2 trailer?
Definitely the same guy, even says it's Alucard. Here he is:

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2381 on: June 06, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »
That extended trailer really sucked, they didn't show anything new besides that boss and a glimpse of Alucard.

smh Konami.

You were supposed to laugh at the 3D hunchbacks, especialy the one that gets thrown at you off the screen.

PS: hunchbacks = new Chupecabra CONFIRMED (they steal a medallion and Trevor has to go after it).  :-X

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2382 on: June 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM »
Just found a pic for it here
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-alucard-confirmed-for-castlevania-mirror-of-fate-229004.phtml

Judging by the people who have seen the trailer, apparently Alucard made a comment about fate giving him a "second chance" and commenting on his "father".

Could Cox have lied about Trevor not becoming Alucard?

Because right now its seems so freaken likely.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2383 on: June 06, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
so after all of this info just out of curiosity whos still getting the game?

call me a sucker if you will but that still looked pretty awesome to me.
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline ZenTzen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2384 on: June 06, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
OoE outsold Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Dominus-kun. OoE sold nearly 300,000 units, while Peace Walker sold 52,000 units. HoDespair sold well enough that Konami ported it to the PS3 as well. The only commercial flop was Judgment, which sold like 15 copies.
sure in the first weak but after that peace walker is now over 1.5 million while OoE is still less than 500k

Tags: .....?