Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848811 times)

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2790 on: June 11, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
Hmm. Since MercurySteam stated about the storyline for Castlevania: Mirror of Fate which taking place 25 years after the first Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I wonder when does it taking place for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. Before MoF? On a side note, I guess IGA is ready to taking place Castlevania after David Cox's job for Castlevania series because David Cox was also once stated that he is done with his Castlevania Lords of Shadow story.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2791 on: June 11, 2012, 11:41:51 AM »
My problem more than anything is the weapons.

With this game and lords of shadow the whip just feels kinda weak. I wanna feel the SNAP ( like in lament of innocence)...I want to see the enemies effected when I smack them with the whip. It just feels like a string tapping them over and over.

This was one of the many things I felt LoS was missing. That cracking of the whip and the impact sound it makes are so much satisfying than a slo-mo "slice".

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2792 on: June 11, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
Eh, I actually like the way the whip feels in LoS. I can see what you guys mean about it lacking the "snap" that one would expect though. It's more like you're beating things and enemies with it though, which does make a certain amount of sense. But as I said, I like that. Snapping can work though, as seen in Lament of Innocence.

Actually though, speaking of that, Leon in LoI uses leather whips, a case in which such a tactic makes a lot of sense. In Mirror of Fate, Simon is supposed to use a leather Vampire Killer whip. I wonder if he will use snap-oriented attacks like Leon. That would certainly make the Simon feel different from Trevor. But who knows?

ALSO: MoF takes place 25 years after LoS. I wonder if they'll crack a joke like Nintendo did with Zelda and make an anniversary joke. Something about it being the "25th anniversary since the first appearance of Dracula" or something.  :P It is the 25th Anniversary for Castlevania after all.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2793 on: June 11, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
Eh, I actually like the way the whip feels in LoS. I can see what you guys mean about it lacking the "snap" that one would expect though. It's more like you're beating things and enemies with it though, which does make a certain amount of sense. But as I said, I like that. Snapping can work though, as seen in Lament of Innocence.

Actually though, speaking of that, Leon in LoI uses leather whips, a case in which such a tactic makes a lot of sense. In Mirror of Fate, Simon is supposed to use a leather Vampire Killer whip. I wonder if he will use snap-oriented attacks like Leon. That would certainly make the Simon feel different from Trevor. But who knows?

ALSO: MoF takes place 25 years after LoS. I wonder if they'll crack a joke like Nintendo did with Zelda and make an anniversary joke. Something about it being the "25th anniversary since the first appearance of Dracula" or something.  :P It is the 25th Anniversary for Castlevania after all.

It's not so much the fact that one is leather and one isn't.

It's the sound effects used, and it's how the enemies react to being hit. In Lament of Innocence the enemies would react HEAVILY to being hit, in these games it's like they aren't even getting hit sometimes. I mean skeletons in this series are like mini-terminators.

I'm not asking for weak enemies but I want the enemies to get knocked back a bit when I'm throwing a chain whip at them.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2794 on: June 11, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
It's not so much the fact that one is leather and one isn't.

It's the sound effects used, and it's how the enemies react to being hit. In Lament of Innocence the enemies would react HEAVILY to being hit, in these games it's like they aren't even getting hit sometimes. I mean skeletons in this series are like mini-terminators.

I'm not asking for weak enemies but I want the enemies to get knocked back a bit when I'm throwing a chain whip at them.

Well fortunately, if you look at the demo, smaller enemies like the werebats and skeletons definitely seem to feel hits. Smaller skeletons don't appear to be nearly the tanks that they are in LoS as well. Larger enemies and bosses don't seem to be very phased by attacks though.

Here's the link, to avoid searching through pages of the topic.
E3 Stage Shows - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirrors of Fate - E3 2012 Demo
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2795 on: June 11, 2012, 02:04:19 PM »
I do agree that the player needs to feel a stronger sense of "power," dark magic doesn't cut it just from looking at the feed. I don't think anything will change though. There should be an alternative to make combat look more enjoyable/simple than it is.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #2796 on: June 11, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
+2
Hey, I've got the solution for the overpowered barrel's issue. QTEs.

8)

Do you think I should tweet Cox about it? Who knows? maybe i get a "special thanks" in the credits.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:14:14 PM by LoneChild »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2797 on: June 11, 2012, 02:22:05 PM »
+3
Hey, I've got the solution for the overpowered barrel's issue. QTEs.

8)

Do you think I should tweet Cox about it? Who knows? maybe i get a "special thanks" in the credits.

Actually, I suggested this first a couple pages back.

Will we get a optional QTE for those barrels that take 3 hits to break?

So the special thanks will be all mines. 8)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #2798 on: June 11, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »
Sorry! just emailed Cox about it, you lose.  ;)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2799 on: June 11, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »
Sorry! just emailed Cox about it, you lose.  ;)

crap! :'(

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2800 on: June 11, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »
the framerate and graphics look much better in this video since you see it directly on the 3ds-

Castlevania: Mirror of Fate - E3 2012: Whip Cracking Gameplay (Cam)
There are framerate problems on this video just at the start of the video. -.-"

Also, the recording FPS makes the effect of the game running in slowdown mode. Terrible video to see the framerate problems. Just go with the impressions where people already said it has these problems and Konami already assumed them and will try to take them out of the game.

One billion hits to defeat the enemy. And how they expect people to continue whipping the enemy if the text PRESS R ON THE GLOWING ENEMY TO FINISH THEM keeping showing? Who will not use this? =/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:48:43 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2801 on: June 11, 2012, 02:52:07 PM »
Don't know if I should be happy or sad that it's the same attack animations as in LoS.... or not care as I won't be getting it.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2802 on: June 11, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
Cox said the framerate will be fixed, we'll just have to trust him. I wouldn't be surprised if the demo was a crapshoot done right before the show.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2803 on: June 11, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »
I do agree that the player needs to feel a stronger sense of "power," dark magic doesn't cut it just from looking at the feed. I don't think anything will change though. There should be an alternative to make combat look more enjoyable/simple than it is.

It always bothered me that dark magic didn't have more of an "oomph" to it when used. Sure, the special moves had plenty of explosions, but you'd think a chain whip brimming with dark power would have more of a bang when it hits bad guys.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2804 on: June 11, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
Well,the game is currently in development.People are saying the graphics are bad(Graphic hounds!)but i'm pretty sure it will be better.
It seems cox is also busy.Busy of developing the game i think.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:42:08 PM by Redgrave »

Tags: .....? 

anything