Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849071 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3480 on: August 04, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
like others, I'm not really comfortable with a minecart lava pit being in Dracula's castle.

Just seems out of place to me.

And also, like someone else said, having a CV game remind me of Donkey Kong in any way seems "wrong" to me lol.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3481 on: August 04, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised of Dracula had a big underground lake with a pirate ship in it, or a indoor jungle with killer plant's everywhere.

With all the comparisons to DKC, we could call Mirror of Fate "Donkeyvania" lol

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3482 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised of Dracula had a big underground lake with a pirate ship in it, or a indoor jungle with killer plant's everywhere.

With all the comparisons to DKC, we could call Mirror of Fate "Donkeyvania" lol

Actually though, all of those things have happened in Castlevania games before.
Mine carts haven't though, outside of PoR's five-second minecart moment Even then, I think that was supposed to be a train... thing... I don't know.

That said, I'm not at all opposed to seeing more diverse gameplay. Sounds fun!
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3483 on: August 04, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
Mine carts haven't though, outside of PoR's five-second minecart moment Even then, I think that was supposed to be a train... thing... I don't know.

It was also in a non-castle location. Weren't the mine cart locations specifically in the City in Haze/13th Street subway areas? The only other one I can consider "sorta" mine cart-ish is the section in the castle where you have to switch up and down between Jonathan and Charlotte to bust through the barrier, I think just before you battle Stella(alone). There's also, I think, a mine cart present in the area under one of the mansions in OoE(where you fight Baltheir, er, Albus). Of course, the Abandoned Mines were sorta "mines", but lacked carts. Most of the subterranean areas in CVs resemble mines, though lack carts.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3484 on: August 04, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »

I don't mind it either, I mean no one says anything when Dracula has had a replica of Atlantis under his castle. But a lava filled cave with a mine cart is wayyyyy out of place.

Eh, Dracula's castle is always full of unsuspecting, oddly out of place things that I don't even think he knows about, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Now what would be out of place is a underground  nightclub with a DDR style minigame with ghost dancers.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3485 on: August 04, 2012, 03:35:54 PM »
I actually like the idea of minecarts in Castlevania. If done right it could prove to be an interesting level design for the sake of having good platforming again.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3486 on: August 04, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »
I don't mind it either, I mean no one says anything when Dracula has had a replica of Atlantis under his castle. But a lava filled cave with a mine cart is wayyyyy out of place.

Eh, Dracula's castle is always full of unsuspecting, oddly out of place things that I don't even think he knows about, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Now what would be out of place is a underground  nightclub with a DDR style minigame with ghost dancers.
Is it scary that I could actually imagine that? Oddly enough, I had a dream that if Dracula's Castle appears in modern times, soem of it's interior contemporaizes itself to match the era. Not completely modern, but with some modern traces. It was a strange dream, too. I was in some art gallery with other people, and pushing this lever, a giant statue rose and revealed a pathway under it, leading to a hallway(with floor panel lights) and a doorway that lead to some sort of mausoleam that looked straight out of the Phantasm movies. That's justa theory.

Considering the whole mine thing, though, anybody wonder if they plan on touching up on the nature of the castle in this game? I heard they are still calling it a "creature of chaos", and it still changes depending on it's master. We know it's nature in the original canon, but I wonder it's power's extent in this one. And if there was any game in the LoS to address this, MoF would be it(you experience the castle in different parts of time, and witness the changes of the castle in each era).

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3487 on: August 04, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »
Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate ~ [Simon Belmont Info.]

A new image of Simon in the vid

Is that the same castle area from LoS with the Vampires coming out of the ground? Looks like it to me.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3488 on: August 05, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »
In AoS, there's a ship in the drown basement of the castle. In DoS, there's the Garden of Madness.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #3489 on: August 05, 2012, 02:21:26 AM »
It was also in a non-castle location. Weren't the mine cart locations specifically in the City in Haze/13th Street subway areas? The only other one I can consider "sorta" mine cart-ish is the section in the castle where you have to switch up and down between Jonathan and Charlotte to bust through the barrier, I think just before you battle Stella(alone).

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly or if I'm reading your post right, but wasn't those motorcycles?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3490 on: August 05, 2012, 02:25:06 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly or if I'm reading your post right, but wasn't those motorcycles?
There was a cart in the City of Haze and a train in the 13th Street. The two motorcycles were in Death's Tower.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #3491 on: August 05, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »
There was a cart in the City of Haze and a train in the 13th Street. The two motorcycles were in Death's Tower.

Ah, yes, I remember now. It's been a while since I've played PoR.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3492 on: August 05, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »
They showed that bit from the Epilogue with Gabe sitting on the throne in shadows with glowing eyes.

I must have missed it. Huh...

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3493 on: August 05, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »
I must have missed it. Huh...

I'll jog your memory.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Trailer - E3 2010

Happens right at the beginning, Im pretty sure they wanted you to think that Jason Issacs was playing Dracula.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:33:38 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3494 on: August 05, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »
Which was a missed opportunity- Jason Isaacs would have been amazing as Dracula.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: .....?