Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848815 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3660 on: August 16, 2012, 08:02:46 PM »
Impress me, Konami. Really. Show me you have great story-writers on your staff and just WOW me with how wrong I am in my speculations. Please. I'm practically begging you to.

You're barking up the wrong tree with the Lords of Shadow mini-series. The first title, and just the trailer for MoF, should be all you need to see to know you're in for another narrative disaster.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3661 on: August 16, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »
+2
You're barking up the wrong tree with the Lords of Shadow mini-series. The first title, and just the trailer for MoF, should be all you need to see to know you're in for another narrative disaster.
OMG you played it already? Was there a script leak or something? It seems you know much more than we do!  :D

Everything comes full circle

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3662 on: August 16, 2012, 09:13:47 PM »
OMG you played it already? Was there a script leak or something? It seems you know much more than we do!  :D

i'm nervous about the presentation too. it's only bc i have a fangirl crush on this freaking VIDEO GAME. i want it to do well and succeed. also... i don't want to be disapointed by shoddy writing *coughDLCScough*

so yeah... i'm anxious.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3663 on: August 16, 2012, 09:55:02 PM »
+1
to be honest the "LoS2 on PC" news doesn't excite me anymore than LoS2 being ported to the Wii-U or something. I'm not that big of a PC gamer.

The thing that bugs me about Gabriel's descent is the fact that upon Satan's defeat, he gives this whole spiel about how God is good and we must seek forgiveness yadda yadda, "that's why you're cast out b/c you have no love in ur heart" yadda yadda.... then maybe a few hours later he forgets all that & becomes a vampire lord. I guess it contrasts with LoI's ending; Mathias says to Leon "after all you've been through, you should know!" in an attempt to show Leo his reasoning for his descent. But Leon, being the pure Belmont he is, refuses, despite condemning his bloodline to hunt the night in the process. prunyuu~

I agree completely on this. The whole thing would have made a hell of a lot more sense if he had raged against Lucifer for his part in the whole affair. You know, something along the lines of "I'll get even with you AND god, you pesky kids!" Then at least the whole thing would have jived with Zobek's description of how he was falling into darkness. I mean, hell, besides the narration the only "questionable thing" you ever see Gabe do is take the relic from Dorin. Other than that he has no conscious memory of doing any wrong. Then at the end when he learns the truth and he should be rage-beating Zobek's balls, he ends up lecturing Lucifer. WTF?

I can only hope they do  better job. The delay gives me a glimmer of hope. Plus Kojima not being involved at all this time is a relief. Not for nothin' but fuck Kojima and screwed up plot twists of unholy fuckness. Keep that shit in Metal Gear.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:09:16 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Havatchu

• Beau Shion
  • Hunter in Training
  • Gaze Upon Me Hypocrite
    • Awards
« Reply #3664 on: August 17, 2012, 12:20:23 AM »
So if I'm getting the gist of things correctly, you beat the game with each character, then come back with another character in another era?

Or do the 4 characters take up one entire file?

Either way, if what I'm saying is correct, it reminds me alot of Odin Sphere.
Reluctant fighting game, Mega Man/X, Dragon Quest, and Castlevania lifelong fan.

What do I do with all these Belmonts?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3665 on: August 17, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »
+2
Seems like certain characters play in certain parts of the game.

Also, Im sure that there are records of the good Gabriel's done, he might be recorded as the guy who saved the world but then fell from grace and became a vampire overlord. Or just a good brotherhood knight who fell to darkness.

BUT THEN AGAIN- NOBODY KNEW WHO THE FUCK ZOBEK WAS, NOT EVEN BY NAME, AND EVEN HIS RECORDS DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS A FOUNDER, SO I DUNNO, THEY HAVE A SPOTTY TRACK RECORD AS IS...

I'm guessing Gabe will be in the deep of his anger an hatred and offer Trevor to Join him as father and son, ala Darth Vader in Star Wars ll, and Trevor will say he cannot follow him into Darkness and thus they fight. At whatever point which Gabe says "You fight well, worthy of the name Belmont..." and similar stuff.

How will GABE react? Now there's a question... probably make him angrier at the Brotherhood for keeping it from him. I doubt he would blame Marie.

Im going to guess Trevor loses though, And therefore that's where Simon comes in, and Simon, along with Trevorcard, set the record straight.

And yeah the lost soul will do something I guess.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:57:50 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3666 on: August 17, 2012, 02:52:43 AM »
+1
Looking at those screenshots, I'm getting moody vibes of everything from CV1 (lab), 4 (broken skylight room), bit of Symphony and even CV64 (probably the colours or something).  It’s nice to see some old enemies like merman and harpy fleshed out too, and  a new take of sorts on a bone pillar.

There's real potential here.

If anything though (at least judging by the earlier demo), the beauty of the artwork and surroundings are so jaw-droppingly good, the foreground action seems by comparison a little bare at times.  And this is my worry.  I hope there’s not so much focus on crafting as many different areas and pieces of artwork—and the scenario and progression work to interweave them—as much as there is some soul and old-school action in the individual areas of the game.  I dearly hope they take some direction from the classic games and put some platforms in the direct path of the player, position some enemies strategically and bring more charm to proceedings in the level design dept.  There are some heavy-on-HP brutes of enemies in the game, and cut-scenes breaking up the action, I don’t want this to be a slog.  It’s be nice to appreciate enemies in the mix of some platforming and just to have fun with the game.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #3667 on: August 17, 2012, 06:07:38 AM »

It seems you need your eyes examined. I dunno what post you were reading, but everything in it was reference to existing known materials we all have access to. Nothing presupposed any advanced knowledge of any part of the upcoming game.

Par for the course for you I suppose though. I should know better to expect anything intelligible.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3668 on: August 17, 2012, 06:15:31 AM »
I hope the price of the N3DS will drop before Christmas or MoF's release.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3669 on: August 17, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »
+2
Dunno about you, Uzo, but I kinda sense sarcasm in Ahasverus' statement. Then again, the line between sincerity and sarcasm can be so blurred sometimes, especially when it's in text form.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3670 on: August 17, 2012, 07:31:54 AM »
Given that hes a huge LoS defender fanboy, I believe it's just him being facetious.

Offline Havatchu

• Beau Shion
  • Hunter in Training
  • Gaze Upon Me Hypocrite
    • Awards
« Reply #3671 on: August 17, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
Trevorcard

You're predicting Trevor will become Alucard?
Reluctant fighting game, Mega Man/X, Dragon Quest, and Castlevania lifelong fan.

What do I do with all these Belmonts?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3672 on: August 17, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »
You're predicting Trevor will become Alucard?

Have you seen the recent screens?

Unless we're really, really missing something, It's looking like it's headed that way.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3673 on: August 17, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »
Well shoot, no new trailers yet. The new screens and art looks nice but I was hoping we would get a better look at the current build of the game.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3674 on: August 17, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »
The game itself will probably be buckets of fun, but I fully expect the story to be terrible with extremely overwrought dialogue.

When Trevor discovers Dracula is his father, he's going to scream, "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" I'm betting on it.

Tags: .....? 

anything