Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848838 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4020 on: November 13, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »
Not only that but how does this affect the Gameplay? Gabriel at this point had no abilities. He had the most basic combat system at this point. He never saved enough points to get the guillotine combo nor he had a dagger and then he grapples the pseudo-manticore creature like "F*** Gandolfi, whip upgrades are for suckas" I know that gameplay elements shouldn't be concerning the story but still, be true to your canon's order of events even with the little significance of the gameplay elements.

That being said, I believe the prologue has a lot to do with his ancestry and there is a deep, dark and horrifying secret that nobody in the order knows about. Oh, and the Cross in the CV III reference in MoF looks a lot like this...

I remember a while ago that someone here posted that in the Japanese manual for LoS, Carmilla is named as a Cronqvist. I confirmed that later myself and it is true. "Carmilla Cronqvist" huh? Has a nice ring to it too lol, but Gabriel may not have known about the LoS, but he probably knew that his family probably has some bloodshed to their name or something like that, and I'm not too sure if he was really abandoned or did he really do something serious as a child that got him abandoned like know an information he wasn't supposed to know or rebelled against the family's ways or perhaps some "prophecy" got him to do so. Maybe he didn't really had much of Cronqvist bloodline/adopted or did he really leave by choice? Cronqvists were known to be a family of landlords, which pretty much sums up that they had a lot of "power" involved and they may have abused that power in a lot of ways in the past or present, but they may have had a crucial part to finance the holy order as well and Carmilla became one of the founders by being a financial support and a holy mother to the order. After the "enlightenment" events, the Cronqvist family probably knew about what happened to Carmilla and may have had to hide her existence away from the family name, kind of like the betrayal of Gabriel from the brotherhood, and then she decided to screw shit up later in spite of her anger. It isn't necessary for Carmilla to know about Gabriel and there may be some blood relation, direct decendants crap in the story for some Lulzy plot twists written by their new writer, M. Night Shalamayan. Being that the Cronqvists are landlords they are also real estate agents who sold castles in cold snowy locales around Europe and sold one to the Bernhardts. And I hope they bring up some Bernharts in the story as well, I would like to know more about what happens to them and their vile ways to make contracts with high tier demons. I want to know why did Gandolfi leave the brotherhood? What were they hiding? Who the hell is Cardinal Volpe and what were his motives to waste countless of knights in a pointless battle and whether I get to eat him LoS2 or what? Who was Claudia's father or was it really Gandolfi? So little patience and too much game delays.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4021 on: November 13, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »
Dude your gonna break the 7th seal with all that theorizing. :P

Jokes aside, I do hope that both games touch on the Cronqvist's involvement as well as the Bernhards involvement with the castle. Recently Cox said that at one point in time the castle rejects Dracula as the master, that could be the reason that he hid in a church seeing that he pretty much had nowhere else to go.

...Great now im about to break the 7th seal.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4022 on: November 13, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
Recently Cox said that at one point in time the castle rejects Dracula as the master,

what

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4023 on: November 13, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
sauce please
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4024 on: November 13, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
sauce please

It seemed weird to me that Dracula would have to traverse his own castle and battle monsters within it in LOS2, so I asked and Cox responded with this:

@CastlevaniaLOS So Dracul will have to fight monsters in his own amazing looking spawling castle?
@flyingchai01 - Yep. The castle and Dracula have a falling out :)
----------------------

Given the the castle may be alive, some bad blood (yeah pun) comes to exist between Dracula and whatever force is behind the castle at some point. I'm sure it'll all make sense when we see the events of MoF.
He also confirmed that we will not play the characters in chronological order.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 07:47:42 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4025 on: November 13, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »
+1
what's even weirder is that people are still calling him DRACUL

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4026 on: November 13, 2012, 09:18:34 PM »
what's even weirder is that people are still calling him DRACUL
Yeah, especially considering Cox responds by calling him DRACULA! LOL! He's DRACULA, people! Get over it! ;D

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4027 on: November 13, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
+1
He is known as Dracul because he calls himself the "Dragon". "Dracula" is Vlad III Tepés who was the son of Vlad II Dracul. Mathaias being a vampire before the time of the Voivodes in Wallachia, takes the identity of a son to a human that's younger than him. That is odd, and the thing with Gabriel is that he is actually Dracul because he is the first and he doesn't need the title "son" for any reason, but in terms of Bram Stoker and Castlevania's characterization, he is the "Dracula" of this Castlevania, but his character is actually "Dracul". Alucard is Dracula and when he opposes his father and his ideology, he reverses his title to show his opposition.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4028 on: November 13, 2012, 10:13:12 PM »
He is known as Dracul because he calls himself the "Dragon". "Dracula" is Vlad III Tepés who was the son of Vlad II Dracul. Mathaias being a vampire before the time of the Voivodes in Wallachia, takes the identity of a son to a human that's younger than him. That is odd, and the thing with Gabriel is that he is actually Dracul because he is the first and he doesn't need the title "son" for any reason, but in terms of Bram Stoker and Castlevania's characterization, he is the "Dracula" of this Castlevania, but his character is actually "Dracul". Alucard is Dracula and when he opposes his father and his ideology, he reverses his title to show his opposition.

Cox and Konami disagree with you. :P

He is Dracula simply because they say he is.

The same way the people who support Cox and his team said that LOS is castlevania because Konami who owns it says so.

So while your explanation is nice and all, the fact remains that he is Dracula because the guys in charge says he is.

Since the epilogue in LOS I haven't seen Cox or Konami call him "Dracul".

Its been "Dracula" since then.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:32:39 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4029 on: November 13, 2012, 10:39:47 PM »
Yes, Gabriel is Dracula. Can't wait for more info!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4030 on: November 13, 2012, 10:46:33 PM »
Cox and Konami disagree with you. :P

He is Dracula simply because they say he is.

The same way the people who support Cox and his team said that LOS is castlevania because Konami who owns it says so.

So while your explanation is nice and all, the fact remains that he is Dracula because the guys in charge says he is.

Since the epilogue in LOS I haven't seen Cox or Konami call him "Dracul".

Its been "Dracula" since then.
LOL, besides, Gabriel calling himself Dracul means little to nothing. I can call myself Michael Jackson... doesn't make met he "Prince of Pop". Not like Gabriel's word has more standing than Dave Cox's(LOL, people taking a fictional character's word over a real man, let alone, the producer).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4031 on: November 13, 2012, 11:08:32 PM »
+1
Yeah, but if he calls himself "the Dragon" and later says "EU SUNT DRACUL", literally: I AM THE DRAGON, I would expect him to follow through and call himself Dracul.

Now. It is also entirely possible his name was retconned into Dracula, solely because people who just don't know the etymology would be confused and complain that they "got the name wrong", and ask why he isnt called Dracula. ESPECIALLy if they went with the Alucard=Dracula thing, where Alucard IS 'Dracula' hooo boy would that open a can of worms.

Another possibility is they just have him calling himself the Dragon and Dracul and just didnt bother to keep it that way, or their continuity checking department was out to lunch.

We'll see what the game calls him.

Another possibility, is one that has been suggested before- in that he calls himself Dracul, whereas people call him Dracula, since Satan would in their eyes, be the ultimate evil, "the Dragon", as it were, and this totally demonic evil guy is evil enough to be the Devil's son himself, and therefore gets called the son of the Devil. IOW, Son of the "Dragon."

Its an explanation I myself actually find pretty neat.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:10:54 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4032 on: November 14, 2012, 05:51:47 AM »
Cox said Dracula and Dracul were names given to Gabula by the local habitants, which explains the inconsistent use of the two names.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4033 on: November 14, 2012, 05:55:11 AM »
Enric Alvarez has stated on his Twitter that "Dracula" is not Dracul's actual name, and that he never calls himself "Dracula." The staff calls him Dracula more often because he is this continuity's equivalent of the character Dracula from the classic timeline. Cox has actually called him Dracul on several occasions on his Twitter.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4034 on: November 14, 2012, 06:12:10 AM »
@thedragon1047 - He is called "the dragon" (Dracul) in the game. Sometimes referred to as "Dracula" by others but never calls himself that..

Seems I disremembered a bit, but this was what I was refering to.

Tags: .....?