Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848432 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4110 on: December 06, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
lol at the lip synching.

Thats bugging me at the moment.

Another thing thats bugging me is that while we have seen story for both Trevor and Simon but have seen nothing on Alucard as far as story goes.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4111 on: December 06, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
Maybe that's because they can't show anything without spoiling anything?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4112 on: December 06, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
There isn't even lip syncing. They're just changing their faces to show emotion, but the fact their mouths animate sometimes gives off the wrong illusion that they animated them speaking, when they didn't at all.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4113 on: December 06, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »
I doubt they'll show of Alucard's backstory since they want everyone to think that he's really Trevor, when in fact this widely circulated theory will likely wind up being completely wrong.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4114 on: December 06, 2012, 08:47:40 PM »
Maybe that's because they can't show anything without spoiling anything?

But how so?

How does revealing story points about Trevor and Simon not "spoil" anything but revealing anything about Alucard does?

The only thing I can think of is that Trevor DOES in fact become Alucard and thus they just refuse to show story for him so its a secrete.

But at this point Cox and his team pretty much knows that the majority of the fanbase is expecting it.

Hell, one fan even asked him about Trevor being Alucard and he said no.

So I still don't get what the heck they are waiting for.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4115 on: December 06, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »
Well since this is one of the first story trailers and im sure Simon is getting his own soon, im guessing we'll get Alucard's side of the story eventually.

But they are really tight lipped about his origins aside from him being Dracula's "son" and I can't even recall them stating what exactly Alucard is.

Im still standing by my demon stance till then tho.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4116 on: December 06, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »
Either Trevor becomes Alucard and we don't find that out until Simon grows up and ventures to the castle and discovers his father has been turned into a vampire and now goes by Alucard.

OR... my theory here:

Alucard is the son of Gabriel and another woman (Succubus maybe?) and he disappeared long ago, but he surprisingly returns to the castle and both he AND Trevor kind of team up since they are trying to get revenge on Dracula. Trevor eventually dies and it's Alucard who tells Simon the "you'll never stand alone against him" or whatever he says line.

Just a thought that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4117 on: December 06, 2012, 11:04:06 PM »
So Sypha is relegated to a 'kitchen bitch'. That figures. Disappointing.

Also when you hug someone you don't shove your face into their not so comforting metal pauldron.

I agree. Between Sypha and Samus I'm beginning to think Nintendo has something against strong heroines.

Alsi, while I agree the visuals look a lot more crisp, the minimalist lip movement is wierd. If the whole thing was sepia with a narrator instead of the voice overs then it would seem like they were going for a silent film thing look to the cutscene which would be very castlevania-like. What bothers me more than the wierd lip movement, though is precisely the cell-shaded comicbook-esque art style. Not in and of itself but more because it clashes with the uber realistic presentation of the rest of the game. Nothing ever looks more unprofessional to me than the use of pointedly different art styles in a game. Makes it seem like they took the cutscenes engine from a completely different project and shoehorned it in.
"Stuff and things."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4118 on: December 06, 2012, 11:11:11 PM »
I'm not sure Nintendo had any meddling in Mirror of Fate's story. It's not like the original Lords was progressive about gender roles either.

i mean for one where was sonnia bimmont

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4119 on: December 06, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »
the cutscenes animation is really bad especially the mouth guess they will make it better in future since they showed the game in a better quality than E3 trailer , mmm....sypha .. i'll wait more i don't think they will make sypha a useless kitchen bitch , i'm pretty sure she's going to get her own turn in the story too
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:23:03 PM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4120 on: December 06, 2012, 11:18:12 PM »
The models looks like ASS. Goddamit, I can't understand how anyone can say this is good graphics. Not even considering it's the 3DS, since there are other games with better models on it.

It's hard for me to explain, but the quality of the game from the trailers or screenshot are not as good as compared to when you acually play it, that's what I hear anyway. On the other hand the backgrounds are some of, if not the best on the 3ds.

So detailed  :o
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4121 on: December 06, 2012, 11:29:39 PM »
I'm surprised that no one has remarked or theorized about the fact that Trevor's hair is black....and neither Marie nor Gabriel had black hair.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4122 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »
I'm surprised that no one has remarked or theorized about the fact that Trevor's hair is black....and neither Marie nor Gabriel had black hair.

Correct me if I am wrong but I read something on here about carmilla being a cronqvist and her hair was black so it runs in the family just that Gabriel did not get it or maybe I am crazy. What was is it called a recessive gene.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4123 on: December 07, 2012, 12:22:24 AM »
the cutscenes animation is really bad especially the mouth guess they will make it better in future since they showed the game in a better quality than E3 trailer , mmm....sypha .. i'll wait more i don't think they will make sypha a useless kitchen bitch , i'm pretty sure she's going to get her own turn in the story too
Don't want to crash the party but
(click to show/hide)

On another note, the lips things really doesn't bother me. I like the "comic-book"/"cel-shading" style they went for.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4124 on: December 07, 2012, 12:23:56 AM »
I don't recall it ever confirmed that Carmilla was a Cronqvist, but I've always thought the idea was interesting...

Tags: .....? 

anything