Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848544 times)

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4425 on: February 04, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »
+1
It can also be charged for more damage, which has been stated before.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4426 on: February 04, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
I think some of you are being really silly about the framerate. You can see from the videos of it running on a 3DS that it runs pretty smoothly. After all, the IGN videos are magnified significantly, and probably aren't running on an actual 3DS. All these previewers seem to be pretty impressed with it visually. I think you're getting upset over nothing.

Anyway, the Simon footage looks really fun! It also looks like non-major enemies will be easy to take down, especially when compared to the non-major enemies from the first game. They last long enough to get one or two combos in, if even that long. Also, the map makes sense now. It represents the area you are currently in rather than the whole stage. I wonder if there is a way too look at the entire stage map during gameplay.

Also, I wouldn't assume that a second version is coming out for consoles just because of that one source. While the quotes from Cox may be entirely true, that doesn't mean that Mercurysteam will ABSOLUTELY release it for consoles. He also says that they have an exclusivity contract with Nintendo. Also, if the game doesn't sell too well on the original platform (3DS), then I can't see Konami giving another release of it the greenlight. Nothing has been confirmed there, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4427 on: February 04, 2013, 12:23:29 PM »
+2
Reviewers have special Nintendo sanctioned hardware to take video recordings from the systems. They just don't run a 3DS game on something that's not a 3DS. That's just ass backwards thinking.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4428 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:13 PM »
+2
There are 3 more videos of Simon's gameplay from the same user. I think the game looks fantastic, and the music sounds fantastic too.
The Demo 4 video has the Succubus boss battle, and a very brief glimpse of Dracula during the last 10 seconds.

And another thing, Simon IS using the combat cross.
I now come to the realization why I dislike the whole shimmying/wall climbing thing. Seeing Simon move through some of those areas just by fast walking and jumping, then come to areas where he HAS to shimmy down walls and ledge leap, it breaks up the pacing.

I DO like the Succubus battle. Looks like someting you'd see in an IGAvania, and the way her health went down was excusable for a boss(not like that demo armor sub-boss and executioner, which looked like they just didn't want to die). If there are MORE bosses like the Succubus, consider me more interested.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #4429 on: February 04, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »
+1
Hm. The areas are TINY. But there seem to be a lot of them instead. I wonder if there's any way to see the entire map at once, not just the individual areas? It would give a much better sense of the scale of the castle. I can live with the loading but I really want one HUUUUGE map with all the areas at once, or at least 4-5 areas (or whatever fits the screen).

I'm obsessed with seeing how areas are connected. And stuff.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4430 on: February 04, 2013, 02:45:06 PM »
+1
Skip to 0:30. Simon CAN throw the axe in a parabola. Look at the guy's fingers, you can actually control on what angle you want to throw the axe at.
Ok. That's pretty damn cool.

Props to whoever came up with that at Mercury Steam, that's actually an improvement over the classics in my opinion.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #4431 on: February 04, 2013, 03:10:35 PM »
Reviewers have special Nintendo sanctioned hardware to take video recordings from the systems. They just don't run a 3DS game on something that's not a 3DS. That's just ass backwards thinking.

Yep 3ds capture cards I thought that was impossible but lo and behold.

In other news dungeonites gamestop is promoting mof in their tv commercial preview thingys I was like  :D

and one more can we all agree now that enemies don't take one million hits to kill anymore.  :P

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4432 on: February 04, 2013, 03:12:18 PM »
+1
Yeah, I'm really impressed by the area transitions too. Very smooth. Axe controls look really cool. At first I was forgiving for how it appeared, since most combat happens on ground level, but knowing that it's a controllable arc? Awesome!

Well, I said probably weren't running on 3DS hardware. I wasn't sure myself. I appreciate your clarifying that they are though. My mistake.

------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4433 on: February 04, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
+1
(Lols edited for not reading a few pages back.) If there's a physical port to all the current consoles, I would sure as hell double dip. Not many 2D physical games today outside of fighters and the platformer regulars like the Marios.

Also I would have one less reason to buy a 3DS. Because I'm cheap.

It's strange how Cox says they'd consider it if it were successful on the 3DS though. I thought RE Revelations not being successful was the reason Capcom decided to port it everywhere - to get more money out of the code that was expensive to make.

I mean, obviously I'd love for it to do well no matter what platform it's on.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:25:20 PM by Munchy »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #4434 on: February 04, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »
I think I'm crazy everyone

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate Gameplay Demo 1

around 7:14-7:19

I think that yellow spirit is schneider(if I am reading the words correctly) so sypha and reinhardt then or just members. Also what if marie is actually marie schneider or if the schneiders have no relation to the belmonts or  something?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4435 on: February 04, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
+1
I think I'm crazy everyone

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate Gameplay Demo 1

around 7:14-7:19

I think that yellow spirit is schneider(if I am reading the words correctly) so sypha and reinhardt then or just members. Also what if marie is actually marie schneider or if the schneiders have no relation to the belmonts or  something?

The scroll said "Michael Gerhart Schneider," so the last name is the only nod to the original canon.
As for "Spirit of Belnades," it probably is the spirit of Sypha herself.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4438 on: February 04, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »
+1
So is it Gelhart or Gerhart? :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4439 on: February 04, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »
+2
More new footage plus interview with Dave Cox.

Interview with Dave Cox: Producer of Castlevania Lord of Shadows: Mirror of Fate

And we finally get to see Gabriel and Trevor in action. ;)

Tags: .....? 

anything