Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848844 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4500 on: February 06, 2013, 06:35:11 AM »
Wow, robot demons.  :o

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4501 on: February 06, 2013, 07:26:33 AM »
Well there IS the line "That's the Battle Cross my Father carried!"

but knowing MS and trailer lines, that could just as easily be Simon confronting Dracula or anyone else in a spot where his Dad's cross is.

Im skeptical bout Trevorcard. Seems like a risky thing to try.

Side note: anyone else feel It's about time Alucard got to use a whip? I mean, he's all about using different weapons you pick up, yet never a whip.

Even Soma gets a whip(sword).

EDIT:
wow, that wolf form looks comical. It's not even the 2 legs part- it just looks so out of place compared with LoS werewolves lol. The face in particular looks like they wanted to preserve the SoTN kind of sleek look.

As far as the form goes, it seems to be Alucard's version of Shadow Magic. It boosts his power. Considering you can still attack normally while in Wolf form.

The stopwatch is interesting. I thought it was a holy water bottle for a moment.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:46:54 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4502 on: February 06, 2013, 08:05:05 AM »
+2
At this point, Trevorcard might just be the case. But what's more important is who/what gave him this power? Dracula couldn't have done it since he believes he killed him and turning someone who had already nearly killed you in battle as a human into a more powerful being and not expecting him to use it against you seems idiotic.

Dracula:"Hey you almost killed me, im gonna turn you into a vampire and give you a very significant power boost."

Servant: "Master, I don't think it's a good idea to turn someone who nearly defeated you into a vampire, wouldn't that make him stronger and a bigger threat?

Dracula: "I always wanted a son who was just like me, now he can see the world as I now see it. Besides im only giving him half of my power so he won't be as strong as I am, what could possibly go wrong?"

*wakes up in a coffin 1000 years later*

Dracula: "Yeah maybe that was a bad Idea."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #4503 on: February 06, 2013, 08:55:44 AM »
+1
Loving the weapon variation in the game.  :rollseyes:

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4504 on: February 06, 2013, 10:05:50 AM »
I like how the lab area(the area before the fight with robo Daemon Lord) has nods to the original CV's Death's Lab(like the lab area of the Abandoned Castle in CoD). They have those giant battery-looking devices.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4505 on: February 06, 2013, 11:39:02 AM »
But what's more important is who/what gave him this power?

Satan and/or the souls of Carmilla & Cornell.
And if Alucard used to be Trevor, it would make no sense for him to be unable to perform a double jump, which Trevor was able to do.
He had to absorb that power from the Daemon Lord. Furthermore, they sound like two different voice actors.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:48:37 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4506 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »
He had to absorb that power from the Daemon Lord. Furthermore, they sound like two different voice actors.

Who voices Alucard, anyway? Did they ever mention that?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4507 on: February 06, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
I hope the power of love & friendship is what defeats Dracula

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4508 on: February 06, 2013, 02:51:48 PM »
Who voices Alucard, anyway? Did they ever mention that?

They haven't announced who the rest of the voice actors are aside from Robert Carlyle, Richard Madden and Alec Newman. And while we haven't heard Alucard speak directly (in a actual cutscene, not the extended debut teaser) if you listen closely he does sound like Trevor when he's fighting...

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4509 on: February 06, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
Not really hearing the similarity, personally. Though it's probably not a good idea to do voice comparison's based on grunting anyway.

Like what I've seen of the boss fights. Not too keen on Alucard's wolf form but that's more to do with the style of design than it's bi-pedal ability.

The fuss about Alucard using a whip is kind of amusing considering how much people hated the same character introducing swords as a mainstay for the original series.  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #4510 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »
+1
What? New weapons were amazing introduction to the series in Bloodlines and SOTN. The problem was the overabusing of them.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4511 on: February 06, 2013, 08:46:24 PM »

Check the extended first trailer, where Alucard talks at the end. Totally Trevor. Not that it's really needed when it's so obvious anyway.

Are some people seriously still holding on to this ridiculous notion that they're not the same person? I thought that would have been long dead.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4512 on: February 06, 2013, 09:02:56 PM »
Could be. Not long ago I thought that they just got the same VA to do another character instead of spending money to get another VA for Alucard. But Konami and Mercurysteam wouldn't possibly be that lazy and cheap, that would be asinine.

But then I recall the Alec Newman rumor from a few months ago............ :-\

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4513 on: February 06, 2013, 09:27:09 PM »
Check the extended first trailer, where Alucard talks at the end. Totally Trevor. Not that it's really needed when it's so obvious anyway.

Are some people seriously still holding on to this ridiculous notion that they're not the same person? I thought that would have been long dead.
I'm just skeptical.

Dunno. I mean, it's definitely possible, but it just seems too blatant to be true. Kind of like Dracula in LoS1 was "very obvious" from the "Die Belmont!" line accompanied by a shot of Dracula on a throne.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4514 on: February 06, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »
What? New weapons were amazing introduction to the series in Bloodlines and SOTN. The problem was the overabusing of them.

Not arguing against this but there was some pretty vocal opposition to Alucard's sword wielding initially. At least that was my experience. Probably could've been avoided by not removing the whip entirely (and well... other things).

But then I recall the Alec Newman rumor from a few months ago............ :-\

Alec Newman rumor?

Tags: .....? 

anything