Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849106 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5325 on: March 12, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »
+1
I blame him, if he doesnt have time for things like that he can simply delete or stop using his Twitter account for a while, like everybody else does. Continuing using it and answering with this tone implies that he have a lot of free time and is harsh by nature.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #5326 on: March 12, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
I got blocked by Cox on Twitter apperently because I tweeted "liar, liar pants on fire" as a reply to that tweet where he said Alucard wasn't Trevor. But I was obviously just joking.

:(
...wow.

Cox can be very childish sometimes.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5327 on: March 12, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
+2
IGA stay humble and would never respond to his fans like that.

Therefore, he should be given another chance.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5328 on: March 12, 2013, 07:30:55 PM »
Unfortunatly, Iga is more hard to find than Ja Rule during a crisis.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5329 on: March 12, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
I seem to remember IGA striking certain Castlevania games from the record and deeming them "unofficial" titles because they didn't match up with his clusterf**** mess of storyline he attempted to conjure up.

IGA turned Castlevania into a predictable, mundane series. He did a few good things. But his run should have ended with Curse of Darkness. It's because of him that Castlevania has shameful titles like "Judgement" in it's roster. I cringed when I had to buy that game. The only reason I bought it is because I own everything Castlevania (and I mean everything).

He did a good job with SOTN, LOI, and DOS. The rest could have all been skipped, as all they did was the same thing as these other games, only worse. If you want to talk about a developer who should have another go with Castlevania then why not mention Treasure? They made one Castlevania game, Super CV4. And it is one of the greatest games of all time.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5330 on: March 12, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »
+2
I seem to remember IGA striking certain Castlevania games from the record and deeming them "unofficial" titles because they didn't match up with his clusterf**** mess of storyline he attempted to conjure up.
I assume you're talking about CV64, LoD, & Legends; the formers being re-added as "Gaiden" stories. Legends was omitted because it conflicts with CVIII no matter what anyone says. All he did was try to piece together the games in a cohesive timeline, that if one did their homework instead of brushing it off, actually makes sense given the long history of the franchise. It's not as complicated as people make it out to be. My waifuu Nagumo can explain it all in a topic that would make sense to everybody, if she feels like doing it.

IGA turned Castlevania into a predictable, mundane series. He did a few good things. But his run should have ended with Curse of Darkness. It's because of him that Castlevania has shameful titles like "Judgement" in it's roster. I cringed when I had to buy that game. The only reason I bought it is because I own everything Castlevania (and I mean everything).
Predictable? Mundane? Hah! Most of his games were enjoyable with only a niche group of disgruntled fans hating them (this argument reminds me of those people that hate on a movie franchise, lets say X-Men for argument's sake ((a franchise that's continuously hated on across internet forums for various reasons)), yet still go watch the movies be it paying for tickets or otherwise, only to bitch about them on the 'net, then re-watch them at a later point for whatever reason and most likely watch the sequel(s) all the while STILL proclaiming they're "complete garbage.") All of his games have nods and homages to past titles created before him, and I respect that. Even shitty"less-than-stellar" games like Judgment still have their redeeming qualities.

And, take it from me, you don't own everything.  ;)

He did a good job with SOTN, LOI, and DOS. The rest could have all been skipped, as all they did was the same thing as these other games, only worse. If you want to talk about a developer who should have another go with Castlevania then why not mention Treasure? They made one Castlevania game, Super CV4. And it is one of the greatest games of all time.
Super CV4, while excellent, has it's flaws just as much as any other CV game, so I respectfully disagree with saying it's one of the greatest games of all time. Treasure doesn't exist anymore [to my knowledge], I'm pretty sure the team disbanded or got absorbed into other developers.

I can't believe, in the year 2013, people still can hold grudges and so much hatred for this man. I remember reading "IGA SUX" articles way back in 2004, he was being insulted left and right, even to the point where people were convinced he was sexist. Say what you want about his storytelling techniques, but in my opinion, the good he's done for Castlevania outshines the bad, and he was a wonderful asset to the series. And I firmly believe a team-up of IGA, WayForward & Yamane would yield excellent results.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5331 on: March 12, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »
Crisis rules!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5332 on: March 12, 2013, 08:29:18 PM »
He did a good job with SOTN, LOI, and DOS.
Really? Dawn over Aria? Aria is better than Dawn in every way. In fact, I might even go as far as say Aria is even graphically and musically superior. Dawn's visuals were very boring and dull. It's music didn't particularly jump out at me except the Bloody Tears remix for the Julius playthrough of the chapel, and the terrible Vampire Killer remix for the CV1 shoutout level in the caves. (my most disliked version of Vampire Killer)

I can't believe, in the year 2013, people still can hold grudges and so much hatred for this man.
I coooould say the same about people and Cox, but I won't. It's perfectly rational to rage and be upset about a change in direction. Only time will tell how Cox is remembered.

Personally, budgets aside, I just think IGA ran out of good ideas, and his habit of "gimmick first, story later" bit him in the ass.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5333 on: March 12, 2013, 09:00:33 PM »
IGA didn't run out of ideas, we would even earn a new CV in 3D with Alucard as protagonist, but it have been forgotten since LoS came out.

Crisis, I know all the timeline order too, its simple burned in my mind already xD

I can even post all the timeline here, written by myself, but its pointless since we have a image with the entire timeline.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5334 on: March 12, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »
I think it's just some people might be misunderstanding the meaning of the term "clusterfuck." Take the MegaMan saga for example; almost all of the MM series created over the years are contained in a continuous timeline, as weird as it may seem (with the exception of a couple series). And I'm talking about a long, LONG timeline, which spans centuries upon centuries upon centuries. They may seem unrelated, but A LOT happens during these timegaps to further the story, the overall plot of the MegaMan saga. At first glance, one might say that the MM series has a "clusterfucked" timeline, due to it's sheer longevity. And one can arguably be right by saying so. However, if one chooses to take the couple of hours or so to sit down & map it all out, then it begins makes sense.*

Castlevania's canon timeline, however, spans only a thousand years, WAY less than MM, with most [but not all] of the years accounted for. To call it a clusterfucked mess isn't necessarily accurate or fair, as there are countless other examples of stories that have crazy timelines, so much that Castlevania doesn't even compare. Not even in the same ballpark.

*and, as such with almost all fictional media, there's some plotholes here & there. but show me a story that doesn't contain at least one plothole, it's damn-near inevitable. prunyuu~

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5335 on: March 12, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
I firmly believe a team-up of IGA, WayForward & Yamane would yield excellent results.
Amen.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5336 on: March 12, 2013, 10:34:27 PM »
I seem to remember IGA striking certain Castlevania games from the record and deeming them "unofficial" titles because they didn't match up with his clusterf**** mess of storyline he attempted to conjure up.....IGA turned Castlevania into a predictable, mundane series.... yadda yadda yadda......
:rollseyes:

We weren't talking about what IGA did with the series, but how he responds to fans. See what little nerve it struck to derail this topic into a "Let's quote IGA's failures" rant.

I coooould say the same about people and Cox, but I won't. It's perfectly rational to rage and be upset about a change in direction. Only time will tell how Cox is remembered.
Well, Cox does come off as a douche sometimes. Even if it's understandable SOMETIMES, when you are in a business, it's not good form to throw tantrums or act childish, especially with fans(or potential fans).  Business is about selling your product, but not only that, selling YOURSELF. You have to present yourself as someone people would WANT to do business with. If you can't handle sticky situations with tact, what kind of business man are you? Grace under pressure, baby!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:42:05 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5337 on: March 12, 2013, 10:41:31 PM »
I think it's just some people might be misunderstanding the meaning of the term "clusterfuck." Take the MegaMan saga for example; almost all of the MM series created over the years are contained in a continuous timeline, as weird as it may seem (with the exception of a couple series). And I'm talking about a long, LONG timeline, which spans centuries upon centuries upon centuries. They may seem unrelated, but A LOT happens during these timegaps to further the story, the overall plot of the MegaMan saga. At first glance, one might say that the MM series has a "clusterfucked" timeline, due to it's sheer longevity. And one can arguably be right by saying so. However, if one chooses to take the couple of hours or so to sit down & map it all out, then it begins makes sense.*

Castlevania's canon timeline, however, spans only a thousand years, WAY less than MM, with most [but not all] of the years accounted for. To call it a clusterfucked mess isn't necessarily accurate or fair, as there are countless other examples of stories that have crazy timelines, so much that Castlevania doesn't even compare. Not even in the same ballpark.

*and, as such with almost all fictional media, there's some plotholes here & there. but show me a story that doesn't contain at least one plothole, it's damn-near inevitable. prunyuu~
<3
I wasn't the one to make a Megaman example this time~

There actually are fewer plotholes in Megaman than you might think. At least I don't remember any big ones.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5338 on: March 12, 2013, 10:59:34 PM »
IGA didn't run out of ideas, we would even earn a new CV in 3D with Alucard as protagonist, but it have been forgotten since LoS came out.

iirc, the Castlevania team was already dissolving from within year after year from as far back as after Aria of Sorrow and Iga was getting less and less time and funding so he had to create story scenarios quickly before deadlines. Then factor in the flop known as Judgement and the looming next gen Castlevania project (aka Lords of Shadow ) and you have one man between a rock and a hard place with a pit full of spikes in the middle. The man knew he didn't have no time left so certain ideas either never came to be (SOTN2) or never realised into fruition (1999).

In other words, after the chokehold Konami put on Iga and the Castlevania team, it would take a miracle for them to come back after LOS2 is done.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5339 on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:15 PM »
Can you show some source please? Im not kidding, I want to know more about that. I dont think that they would greenlight a trailer for a game without funding, unless they are plain stupid to waste money (with doesnt make sense, waste money that you dont have, since you lack funds).

Flame, I wanted Mega Man Legends 3 so badly. :(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:47:04 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: .....? 

anything