Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite. Monster. GO!  (Read 12342 times)

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 05:47:26 PM »
Because kojima is draw the pretty boys and all is anime, that why you and other peoples cant undesrtand, because castlevania must have the warriors.

why, always, these child´s specs anything that are not concern from them ?

@GWC: yes she design all art related thing´s on the IGA´s castlevanias. the mechanic´s of the monsters are created by another guy.

lol amanos monsters design looked very ''itch'' from the time that they have designed.

@Leligax
 Not a bad idea though create a topic with fangames. can i join the party ?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
Sure, feel free to do it. :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 06:59:41 PM »
Pfil, can I ask you to do a topic with a list of all fangames that you can recall (even those that only plays like CV or something like that)? Maybe we can turn it in a supreme fangame topic sharing our knowlodge xD
Sure! It sounds great!
I'm doing it right now  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline xeilua

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »
Legion, no contest. Potentially the most terrifying (and fun) enemy to fight when well-implemented.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 01:36:10 PM »
+1
I've always thought 64's Chainsaw Frankenstein was extremely underrated. 

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 02:33:41 AM »
That was one of the horror pinnacle moments in any Castlevania game. The garden with Frankenstein chasing Carrie was so scary!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 09:44:11 AM »
That was one of the horror pinnacle moments in any Castlevania game. The garden with Frankenstein chasing Carrie was so scary!

Freanky's nothing new for me. But... those two demon dog stone statues at the garden entrance is another matter entirely. I was not really expecting those things to come alive. I kinda felt that they would but I still wasn't sure. I found those to be more on the scary side.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »
I've always thought 64's Chainsaw Frankenstein was extremely underrated.

The sound that chainsaw madeand chasing Henry as well man.This is the reason why I stoped playing cv for years. It was not till portrait of ruin did I really start again.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 10:38:44 AM »
Max Slimer.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 01:51:19 AM »
I think the whole Villa level was totally, TOTALLY scary, moody and atmospheric... yet so beaufitul and gothic!

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »

Punaguchi always seemed like the most-notable basic enemy out of Christopher's titles.

Although, the redesign turned out disappointing.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »
This redesigned monster looks like something from Contra, when I seemed it for the first time I was like "what is this thing? they had a plenty of good monsters and then use this random thing?" only to after discover its from GB titles (they dont look like it). Another poor thing is this

They redraw almost everything and then recycle a GBA enemy in the worst way possible.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »
It was always nice to encounter a new enemy while playing Castlevania new games.
I never knew what the next room was going to bring upon myself.
That was exciting.

Oh God I look so forward to new sprite-based games!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 12:56:28 PM »
Yes, I liked these hooded guys that throw scythes. they are really challenging.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 01:06:39 PM »
My favorite enemy would have to be the Zeldos (the sickle-throwers).
I've got to go with either Granfalloon or Forgotten One for favorite boss. They're both just so wonderfully revolting.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags:

anything