Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does anyone here go to the Inverted Dungeon forums?  (Read 42911 times)

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Does anyone here go to the Inverted Dungeon forums?
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
It's not really a problem with the board, just with a couple new members XD

You haven't been here very long, have you? It's ALWAYS been a problem.

Trust me, I've been on this freakin' board since 2000. I was even a moderator myself once upon a time. If there's one thing consistent among Kurt's boards, it's poor moderation/administration. Kurt's lazy and doesn't want to do shit with his boards, and he'll give out power to anybody, even people who should be the last to get it. It results in either lazy asses that ignore what should be addressed (topics being repeated ad nauseum) or overbearing moderation that takes things too far (like thinking a topic about fleaman turds needs moderation). And that's not even touching the sensitive, attention whore, drama queens that he sometimes picks, people who aren't remotely cool-headed and emotionally stable enough to deal with any kind of board conflict, like over on Hardcore Gaming (the site's forum; not the section here). It's like the crazies are running the madhouse over there.

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2011, 07:01:07 PM »
I know, I am! Thanks snapple. You're such a nice guy. Let's get married :D

It's actually very inspiring that you're so open with your homosexuality, but I'm afraid that I'm straight and already in a long term relationship. But keep trying, I know you'll find the man of your dreams soon.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:03:07 PM by snappleman »
--------------
^-^

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »

Trust me, I've been on this freakin' board since 2000. I was even a moderator myself once upon a time. If there's one thing consistent among Kurt's boards, it's poor moderation/administration. Kurt's lazy and doesn't want to do shit with his boards, and he'll give out power to anybody, even people who should be the last to get it. It results in either lazy asses that ignore what should be addressed (topics being repeated ad nauseum) or overbearing moderation that takes things too far (like thinking a topic about fleaman turds needs moderation). And that's not even touching the sensitive, attention whore, drama queens that he sometimes picks, people who aren't remotely cool-headed and emotionally stable enough to deal with any kind of board conflict, like over on Hardcore Gaming (the site's forum; not the section here). It's like the crazies are running the madhouse over there.

I'm not a newbie--been here since 2007--but yes, definitely not since 2000. I'll accede to your seniority if that's how you perceived the board has always been, since you were there to see it first hand. That said, though, at least recently, i.e the past few months, we didn't really have a problem with loads of doofy polls since Joooohnshaft wandered by. If those were popping up before, they seemed to have subsided for a little while 'till he came back.

I'm afraid that I'm straight and already in a long term relationship.

With me? *blush* Snapple, you're moving so fast...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »

So you're saying that you were a bad moderator also. Which is true. It's really hard to moderate a forum full of such wonderfully intelligent members. You either have someone like Jorge who's got a huge stick in his ass (with all the rules carved around it), or you have someone like any of the other mods that just don't give a flying fuck about doing their duty. Either way, you can bitch about it or you can go with the flow and chill oat cuz at the end of the day nobody gives a fuck, it's just a forum.
--------------
^-^

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »

hmmm

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2011, 07:14:47 PM »
Profanity = Ban
Adding a NSFW doesn't solve this.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:22:19 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
--------------
^-^

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
RIP snappleman, we hardly knew ye. Out of curiosity where are you gonna go after you get banned?

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2011, 07:17:55 PM »
I'm not a newbie--been here since 2007--but yes, definitely not since 2000. I'll accede to your seniority if that's how you perceived the board has always been, since you were there to see it first hand. That said, though, at least recently, i.e the past few months, we didn't really have a problem with loads of doofy polls since Joooohnshaft wandered by. If those were popping up before, they seemed to have subsided for a little while 'till he came back.

You may as well be a newbie since nothing of significance has happened here since 2007 (or even for years before that). If not for the ICVDers here right now, this place is usually pretty inactive, so I'm sure that helps in curbing the number of repetitive topics.

A few months is nothing by the way. That's like a fart. Joooohnshaft is also insignificant in the history of this forum. He doesn't even come into the equation of the general trends.

I probably was a bad moderator, yes. I was a dumb kid for one. I would say that he should stop giving mod powers to dumbass angsty teens, but some of the older folk (read: PJK) he's chosen are every bit as emotionally unstable. I was a lazy ass. I don't remember doing much with my powers. I'd rather let arguments fizzle out on their own, and The Pic was just funny. Between PJK and Jorge (and Darkmoon and Richter to a lesser extent), there was already an assload of overzealous moderation going on anyway.

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2011, 07:18:14 PM »
RIP snappleman, we hardly knew ye. Out of curiosity where are you gonna go after you get banned?

Your mom's place. B)
--------------
^-^

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2011, 07:24:27 PM »
You may as well be a newbie since nothing of significance has happened here since 2007 (or even for years before that). If not for the ICVDers here right now, this place is usually pretty inactive, so I'm sure that helps in curbing the number of repetitive topics.

A few months is nothing by the way. That's like a fart. Joooohnshaft is also insignificant in the history of this forum. He doesn't even come into the equation of the general trends.

I probably was a bad moderator, yes. I was a dumb kid for one. I would say that he should stop giving mod powers to dumbass angsty teens, but some of the older folk (read: PJK) he's chosen are every bit as emotionally unstable. I was a lazy ass. I don't remember doing much with my powers. I'd rather let arguments fizzle out on their own, and The Pic was just funny. Between PJK and Jorge (and Darkmoon and Richter to a lesser extent), there was already an assload of overzealous moderation going on anyway.

Well, again, I suppose I'll have to take your word for that--if there were bunches and bunches of repetitive topics for years before I wandered by in 2007, I guess it was something I hadn't seen.

That said, out of curiosity, what would you say was the last time something significant happened here? Seems like I came by when things were really cooling down. Not that I'm complaining, of course--one of the reasons I love the CVD (and the Antichapel, for that matter) is that nothing "significant" seems to happen very much, and by "significant" I mean stuff like an admin flipping out or the board getting hacked into oblivion (both of which among other things has happened to other forums I've been a part of).

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »
For christ's sake, Andy...way to blow your goddamn load!!

Now where am I supposed to get my entertainment?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »
Me? :D

:D;;;

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »
god damn snapple man

we could've made a great team

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »
RIP

Tags:

anything