Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Song choice......  (Read 3384 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: June 13, 2011, 05:37:45 AM »
Hi folks! I'm needing some help. Every once and a great while submit an entry to the dwelling of duels contest. For those that never heard of it, it's basically just a friendly competition, no prizes of course lol, with a different topic for song choices each month. This month's topic is "one vs many" and i was thinking about doing a medly of the entire OST of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time on the SNES. Anybody here have any better suggestions? If so hook me up please!  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
Forget the melody and just do the entire OST! I loved that game's soundtrack!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 02:30:31 PM »
One vs many? Ever play Dynasty/Samurai Warriors? That puts you in that kinda position. Plus Dynasty Warriors' music is pretty rockin', so it'd be cool to hear some sorta arrangement of music from that game. Samurai Warriors is more techno-styled, so that'd sound odd.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
lol when i meant medly, i was talking about chopping up bits and pieces of the ENTIRE OST for the mix! i agree, that is one banging soundtrack dude! lol. As for the Dynasty Warriors, oh yes, slammin games dude, but im wanting to stick the heavy stuff to the retro games like the TMNT soundtrack, mainly because its really awesome to hear 8 and 16 bit tunes made into heavy metal! but im with you too man, the Dynasty Warriors games have some kick ass tunes in there too!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 07:37:14 PM »
Double Dragon 1 has some pretty sick tunes. And the first stage theme has got a part that would make a SWEET guitar solo (The Amazing Brando already did it in his Double Dragon song when he was with 8bit Duane).

In case you don't know what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s13GwFY7Ww
Here's the original. It's 52 seconds into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s
And here's the Duane and Brando version. The guitar solo is at 1:57. WARNING: There's lyrics with strong language.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:38:59 PM by Claimh Solais »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 04:35:49 AM »
Lol I thought about those too! Street Fighter also came to mind but no one (at least that I'm aware of) has made a medley to the entire OST to TMNT 4 before. But the window is still open to change! Super Double Dragon had a good OST also! AHHH!!!! so many to choose, so little time!!!! :rollseyes:

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »
Well, whichever you choose, you can always make one of the others some other time for fun. ^^

And I just heard some of the stuff from TMNT4. Go for it, that stuffs pretty damn cool.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:29:06 AM »
I'm debating on the ENTIRE OST as one big track bu the only problem with that is that tempos and stuff change so much in the songs that they wouldn't make a single track sound right....but ill still give it shot!!  8)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
I'm debating on the ENTIRE OST as one big track bu the only problem with that is that tempos and stuff change so much in the songs that they wouldn't make a single track sound right....but ill still give it shot!!  8)

Well, have you ever heard Scourge of 1691 and Creeping Dusk by Powergoat? They're Castlevania medleys, and they have key and tempo changes throughout the song. Also you can change the key on few songs. If you can blend it together well enough, it should work out fine.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »
Yeah i've checked those out, i'll be able to make it happen it'll just take a little time but no worries, i can do it!  8)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 01:52:35 PM »
Final Fight doesn't seem to get much love. Bay Area is one of my favorites of that game. The SegaCD remix of that was pretty cool, but I've always wanted to see a fan mix done proper.

Final Fight (Sega CD) - Bay Area

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »
You're right!! that was a good one!!! capcom ALWAYS seems to have some slamming tunes that could be remixed!  Good catch! 8)

Tags: