Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Despite Money Dispute, Simpsons Renewed for Two More Seasons  (Read 4904 times)

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
  • I'll see you all at 3:15!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Despite Money Dispute, Simpsons Renewed for Two More Seasons
« on: October 07, 2011, 09:53:45 AM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/10/04/the-simpsons-money-dispute-may-shut-down-fox-tv-s-long-running-hit.html

So, what are your thoughts on this, Dungeonites?

Myself, I think that both sides are being too greedy in this situation; the voice actors are ungodly spoiled (their paycut will still leave them about $4.4 million each), but on the flipside, it's despicable that the bigwigs are insisting on paycuts so that THEY get a raise. This results in leaving nobody the victor in this spectacle in my opinion. This kinda mess is what happens when you don't let such a long-running show gracefully bow out when it has the chance.

http://screenrant.com/the-simpsons-final-season-24-aco-135041/

http://screenrant.com/the-simpsons-canceled-renewed-two-more-seasons-24-25-aco-135297/
UPDATE: Simpsons renewed for a 24th and 25th season.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:01:35 AM by TheMoonMan »

My Character (not drawn by me)

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
eras are ending all over the place. it's like people know the world only has 14 months left so let's wrap up everything (Simpsons, Batman, Castlevania, etc.) I'm just being silly lol

But in all seriousness I grew up watching The Simpsons. I don't think the "new generation" episodes are as funny as the classics, but with new writers all the time things were bound to change.

It sucks that what it all comes down to is GREED & MONEY. Art gets ruined that way, and I can't say I feel sorry for the voice actors since they've been ridiculously rich since the 90's and they'll still receive checks from the reruns that'll continue to air for the next 10 years (if the Mayans were wrong, that is)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:51:23 AM »
I heard about this yesterday.... I'm more on the side of the VA. I mean, they've been paid 8 mil, and you want them to do the same for 4 mil? That's like going to an employee and saying, you're doing all these other jobs as well but you aren't getting a raise. Or we are lowering your incom, but you will be expected to do the same.

But I find it hard to feel sad when they're still making millions.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 11:10:55 AM »
I don't think it's such a big deal at all. Even if the VA get a cut from their pay, they're still making way more then enough to get by in life, unlike us who're actually working to survive  :P The Simpsons has been running on the air for some 20+ years. That's a long time for a cartoon sitcom so to me it really doesn't matter if the series ends. I'm still waiting for the Simpson kids to age for Christ sake! Now that's immortality. At least I can still watch Futurama.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 02:29:18 PM »
http://screenrant.com/the-simpsons-final-season-24-aco-135041/

UPDATE: Simpson's 24th season will be its last.

So sad to see one of TV's greatest juggernauts fall like this. Of course, with the way the show's been going since 2003, it kinda deserves it in my opinion.

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Money Dispute Will End "The Simpsons" on its 24th Season
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »
Well, from what I'd heard the Simpsons had been on a decline anyways...I think the end was inevitable. I wonder who its successor will be...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:36:47 PM »
ummmm WHAT?

That Piece of shit Family Guy is still airing.

Why not Simpsons?.....a good show?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »
Last time I gave a shit about new episodes of The Simpsons was, oh...around 1997.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 05:29:56 AM »
I haven't cared about animation on Fox since 2006. It's all about Adult Swim, now (except for that Seth McFarlane crap).

But man, when the Simpsons was good, it was...perfect.

One of the Best Simpsons Moments Ever

Krusty Komedy Klassic

----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 10:00:27 AM »
http://screenrant.com/the-simpsons-canceled-renewed-two-more-seasons-24-25-aco-135297/

Simpsons has been renewed for two more seasons. Make up your minds, dammit!

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Re: Despite Money Dispute, Simpsons Renewed for Two More Seasons
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 10:38:46 AM »
What the Hell was that?

The first time I saw this, I laughed in tears.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 10:47:46 AM »
I never really liked Simpsons. While I laughed at some episodes, others seemed far too childish. Since the series is intended "for the whole family" there are hardly any adult jokes.

But Family Guy, now that's a different story. I absoulutely LOVE IT, but the series is so f**ked-up and adult oriented I feel uncomfortable when my sister watches it with me.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 10:56:25 AM »
Since the series is intended "for the whole family" there are hardly any adult jokes.

South Park - What What What???

Everyone can watch the Simpsons, but adults get the most out of the humour. And I think that's the best thing about the Simpsons; it's not a kid show, but kids can watch it (and in the 90's, at least, they did). Something South Park or anything MacFarlane poops out of his brain have never been able to do.

I think Simpsons was brilliantly written back in the day. It was an honor for a celebrity to appear in it. They made fun of them, but they managed to do it without going nasty, yet still keeping the jokes sharp.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:58:13 AM by A-Yty »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 08:12:54 PM »
Family Guy Died when it was Canceled, when they brought it back it slowly turned into the complete shitfest it is today.
Note: Just because you change minor Details doesn't make it different, Seth MacFarline.
American Dad, Family Guy, and Cleveland show are the same shit.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything